****End of the year Vitamins/Supplements challenge****

Esq.2B

Hey ladies! I was just reading the thread re: which challenges we'd like to see in 2010 and a few posters said vitamin challenges. I'd completely forgotten the vitamin challenges we used to have. I've been slacking off on taking my vitamins in the past few months and I'd like to get back into the habit of taking them. I figure that way it won't have to be one of my many New Years resolutions :lol:.

(Taken from Tiffers old Vitamin challenge thread :lol:):

If you're taking vitamins and are slacking off, this challenge is for you! If you've never taken vitamins, now's the perfect time! :grin:

**The Rules**
-Take your vitamins daily
-When you take your vitamins, check in here to tell us. That way the thread can be bumped to remind other challengers to take their vitamins.
-List which vitamins you're taking, and at what dosage/
-There are no off days! Vitamins must be taken faithfully every day. NO excuses!

This is a 3 month challenge that will begin on Monday October 5 and will end on December 31. When the challenge is over, post your before and after pics!!!

So who's with me? :D

Participants

Myself
LoveLiLi
Chaosbutterfly
SelfStyled
Ladysaraii
simplyconfident
Simply1908
buddhas mom
lynnstar
Nappy in the City
mj11051
shan 20001
Jturner7156
Gracie
seemegrow
LovingLengths
Brttster
MondoDismo
laurend
dscampbell
dontspeakdefeat
caligirl2385
Urban
SmilingElephant
aprilbiz
MochaEyeCandy
Panamoni
AvaSpeaks
polished07

Highly Favored08
Kerryann
bablou00
TryaGAINpearl
enveed1
yaya24
sheba1
SunnyDee
kimdionneca
s1b000
cutenss
Letta
Stacy_TheLady
BellaLunie
BGT
Baddison
LIKI51
Aggie
Song_of_Serenity
Sade'
Minnie

Last edited:

LoveLiLi

Sounds good - I'm in. I need some motivation to start taking my vitamins again because they've been sitting around collecting dust for the last few months.

ETA:

Okay, I've been hearing about fish oil, but I'm going to hold off on purchasing that until I can start taking the supplements I already have on a daily basis.
  • Cellfood mixed in my water bottle
  • Chlorella - at least 3 grams
  • Flaxseed oil - 2 tablespoons
  • EPO - 1300 mg
  • Primal Defense - 1 or 2 caplets
  • Pure Skin - 2 tablets
  • My Egg shake

Last edited:

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
:reddancer:
Whee, dreams do come true!
I'm in!

ETA:
I'm taking:
5000 mcgs of Biotin a day
1000 mgs of Garlic x 2-3 a day

I plan on adding Chlorella in the next few weeks (once payday comes) and possibly Spirulina as well. I'm also considering acai for overall health.

Last edited:

SelfStyled

This is EXACTLY what I need. Thanks OP. I am in. I just took my Trader Joe's Hair Skin and Nails Vitamins.,2G MSM, 1000 iu Vitamin D.

ladysaraii

I'm in. I'm interested in keeping on track and seeing what vitamin brands and combinations people take

ETA: My supplements

Spring Valley HSN
Acidophilus
MSM (have to look at amt)

Considering adding Fish Oil and odorless garlic (if I get OCT)

Last edited:

sqzbly1908

I'm in ...

Maxi Hair - 2 per day
Flax,Borage,Omega Capsules - 2 per day

I will be adding Coconut Oil Capsules this week...

Last edited:

buddhas_mom

I'm in. I've decided to start taking liquid multivitamins. I want to see if there is a difference in my overall health and not just my hair. So an ounce of Glacial milk multi complete, 1000 mcg of biotin and 1000 mg of MSM (just one pill
each) a day.

lynnstar

I want in!!

I just bought Nature's Plus Ultra Hair Plus w/ MSM yesterday - 2 per day

And I will be buying Carlson's Very Finest Fish Oil Lemon flavored tomorrow

Esq.2B

I started today:

This morning, I took a NAC 600mg,Puritan's Pride Mega Vitamin (hi potency) multi, iron, and Vit C 1000mg.

(I'm anemic so I need that extra iron, though I don't plan to take the iron every single day since my multi has a little in it)

Tonight, I took a Vit-C and an L-Lysine 500 mg.

I have to go out and purchase some Biotin 5000mcg.

Also, normally I'll only be taking one Vit-C per day (instead of the 2 like today) and I'll be taking ALA 200mg in the a.m.

I'm also going to take a spoonfull of flaxseed oil at some point during the day.

Last edited:

Junebug D

I'm in. I know I need to start this up again, just to get rid of these that I've had forever...

I'll be taking:

Multivitamin
Vitamin C
Iron
MSM
Chlorella
Flax Oil :yep:

seemegrow

I'm in. I take a multi, MSM, EPO, coconut pills, NAC L-cysteine and biotin. Occasionaly I take aloe vera juice and kelp.

Esq.2B

Okay, it's the first official day of the challenge. Since I take so many supps, I split them.

This morning, I just took:

Multi
NAC
Flaxseed
ALA
Vit C

onelove08

ETA:

Okay, I've been hearing about fish oil, but I'm going to hold off on purchasing that until I can start taking the supplements I already have on a daily basis.
  • EPO - 1300 mg
  • Pure Skin - 2 tablets
  • My Egg shake
[/QUOTE]

How do you like taking the cell food? I have been taking it for almost a month. I am not sure if I notice anything.

LovingLengths

This challenge came just in time for me, as I have recently started taking vitamins consistently. I was going to wait until the end of the year anyways to decide whether or not to continue usage. I am not sure about the dosages.

I am taking these supplements for my hair, skin, nails, joints, weight, breast, buttocks, and overall health. :grin: The vitamins/supplements that I will be taking are:

Shen Min DHT Blocker (2x day)
Nioxin Recharging Complex Supplements (1x day)
Biosil (5 drops 2x day)
Maca 500mg (1x day)
Melatonin 1-3 mg (1x every other day)
Garlic Oil 1000mg (1x every other day)

I was also thinking about adding fish oil and iron, but I already have a load on me, so I better take it slowly.

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
Okay, this morning, I took 5000 mcg of Nature's Bounty Biotin. That's all my Biotin for the day, so yay.
Along with that, I took 1000 mg of Life Fitness Garlic.
I'm supposed to be taking 4000 mgs a day, so I have to try to fit in another three pills.

LoveLiLi

I've been taking it for a few weeks and really haven't noticed anything at all yet. Hopefully, I'll get some results soon - increased energy, glowy skin, something.

ETA:

• EPO - 1300 mg
  • Pure Skin - 2 tablets
  • My Egg shake

How do you like taking the cell food? I have been taking it for almost a month. I am not sure if I notice anything.[/QUOTE]

maxineshaw

Ooooh I wanna join. Challenge numba 2 :grin:

I have really been on my vitamin game lately. I am so proud of myself-no more wasted money. The other day I actually finished off a bottle of Calcium and got to throw it away because I had used them all as opposed to the pills expiring.

Here's what I'm taking (and have been doing so everyday for about two weeks):

Spectravite daily vitamin (qty. 1)

Calcium with vitamin D 600 mg (qty. 2)

Fish, Flaxseed, Borage Oil 1200 mg (qty. 2)

Odorless Garlic 1000 mg (qty. 4)

So far I'm not sure if the differences I noticed are due to the vitamins (my complexion has really improved/my nails are much stronger, but I have given up potato chips, pop, and have required my lunch and dinner to have a huge serving of dark green vegetables). I've decided to stick with these vitamins for at least 4-6 months. I'm really curious to see if my hair shedding will improve.

ETA: One thing I wanted to mention was preparing my vitamins at night has really helped me to remain consistent with my vitamin intake. Because I take about nine pills/day, I do not think I would be as consistent if I took them out of the bottle.

Last edited:

laurend

Can I join? I have been taking vits for the last 3 months.

GNC hair skin and nails
Flaxseed oil 3000mg(my eye doctor told me that much for my dry eyes)
EPO 3000mg (thinning crown due to hypothyroidism)

I'm going to add probiotics 1 soft gel a day.

ElegantElephant

I want to join!!!!!!!!! I'm a newbie, so is there anything I need to do to join...other than take my vitamins everyday????
Carlson's Very Finest Fish Oil
MSM
HSN
Vit B & C Complex
Biotin
Chorella ( will start today)

Esq.2B

^^^ No you don't need to do anything additional.

BUT ladies, remember to stop in everyday and post which vitamins you've taken. It will serve as good encouragement for everyone else and as a reminder for everyone else to take their supps. And remember at the end of the challenge, we're going to post before and after pics.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Ooooo, I am in.

I actually started taking last month. I have vits that are in my reggy now but as soon as I finish then I won't take them anymore. I just wanted to use them before they expired. Also, some vits are for overall healthy too but I can't leave those out because if I get mega hair growth I need to be fair and let everyone know exactly what I am taking.

I am currently taking:
Vitamin C 1000mg
Gelatin w/calcium carbonate 1680mg
Amino acid complex 2 tabs
Bromelian 500mg
Super Chlorella 1000mg
Grapefruit seed extract (finishing this one off)
Biotin 5mg
Silica 1500mg
Chlorophyll 50mg
Ultimate 10 probiotic 13 billion organisms
Carlson's Fish oil 2 teaspoons
Colloidal Silver 1 teaspoon

Last edited: