****End of the year Vitamins/Supplements challenge****

laurend

I added my probiotics yesterday. I take my vits throughout the day. Off to take my hair & nails right now.

AwesomelyNappy

I'm late on this thread. I always miss challenges....

I want to Join!!!

and its funny because I've just started up on my vits this past 3 weeks after a long vitamin/supplement hiatus (due to me trying to avoid cystic acne, but since i'm getting that acne even without the vits anyways, i might as well take the vits to make my hair grow healthier. at least then i'll have healthy hair and healthy acne!)

So far, I'm taking:

prenatal vitamin
Biotin
super B-complex
MSM

I haven't taken hair pics all year (lot of setbacks) but I will take some this week for my starting pics to compare with December!

LoveLiLi

What's in this egg shake of yours? I might have to try. :grin:

It's the eggshake from the 'Drink Your Way to Waistlength hair' thread.
I stick with the main ingredients and added fruit and honey - delish.

My mix includes:
3/4 cup vanilla soy milk
1 raw egg
1 tblspn raw wheat germ oil
2 tblspns raw wheat germ
1/2 banana
3 large strawberries
1 tblspn honey

I use frozen fruit so the smoothie is very refreshing. You could tweak it to your liking by adding the fruit of your choice. I've always had thick hair, but there is a noticeable difference between the couple of inches that just grew in and the rest of my hair. Keep in mind that I'm natural, so the fact that I can tell a difference in the appearance of my newgrowth is saying something.

I'm going to keep taking this shake until I reach my goal length - this eggshake is going to have my hair looking like LynnieB's.

LovingLengths

Hi ladies, I have taken Biosil, Shen Min and Nioxin.. The rest will be at bedtime... it is hard to check in then... but I will try

Junebug D

I'm failing to check in already, hehe. I've been doing good. I just had a little emergency last night and neglected to take Flax Oil. I took some first thing this morning to make up for it though. :yep:

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
Checking in!
I took my Biotin this morning, and I got my full dosage of garlic!
I can't wait to start taking chlorella. :yep:

sheba1

Ooooh I just ordered a 3 month supply of Viviscal! Is it too late to join? This will be great to keep me accountable :yep:

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I took everything today except for my chlorella. I will have to catch up tomorrow and up my intake to 6 grams. I am running low and need to reorder

bablou00

Im in!!!

I just started advocare again last wk. It is a pack of pills that hits pretty much everything I need.

Also taking extra Biotin and Vit D3

panamoni

Had my morning shake.

I forgot to mention that I HATE taking pills.
I'm not having too much trouble taking my hair, skin & nail vits, and the evening primrose oil, but I'm having the hardest time taking my multivitamin. When I finish the Andrew Lessman brand, I'm going to switch to something with less pills (preferrably one or two). The problem is I don't think I'll finish those for another year (I didn't cancel the audo-ship and I have about two tubs). I do like the Andrew Lessman HSN vitamins, so when I finish the brand I have now, I'll reorder those.

Well, enough complaining -- while I'm at it, I'm going to take some vits right now.

Kerryann

Natures Bounty Ultra Women 2
Natures Bounty Hair skin and nails- i have to get a new bottle its official finished
Natures Bounty Biotin 10,000
Natures Bounty Vitamin E
Natures Bounty Vitamin d 2
Natures Bounty omega fish oil 2

Ordering Shen Min hair vitamins next week i cant wait

Last edited:

LovingLengths

The vitamins/supplements that I will be taking are:
Shen Min DHT Blocker (2x day)
Nioxin Recharging Complex Supplements (1x day)
Biosil (5 drops 2x day)
Maca 500mg (1x day)
Melatonin 1-3 mg (1x every other day)
Garlic Oil 1000mg (1x every other day)
QUOTE]

I have placed an order for more supplements. So, in addition to the above it will be:

RxOmega 3 Fish Oil w/ Evening Primrose & Flaxseed Oil (2x day)
B-100 Complex (1x day)
MSM 500mg (2x day)
Iron 25 mg (1x day)

When it arrives, I will let you all know so I can start them...

Last edited:

Kimdionneca

I want to join in. I am taking:

Omega 3-6-9
Chlorella
Spirulina
Cod liver
Garlic
Calcium/Mag
Vitamin C

adding more Fish oil and MSM and B vitamin

Thanks, this challenge should help me stay on track!

Last edited:

laurend

Checking in: This morning, 1000mg flaxseed oil, 1500 EPO.
Afternoon: GNC skin hair and nails, porbiotics
Evening: 1000mg flaxseed oil, 1500mg EPO

s1b000

I just saw this challenge today for the first time and would like to join. I confess, I've been slacking the last 3 months. I will restart with my multi-vitamin mix + garlic + fishoill + spirulina + b vitamins + biotin ( you see why I stopped) to get back on track. In the meantime, wondering if anyone has tried something called JarroSil which is for hair skin and nails. It is on sale this week at my local vitamin store and thought I might try it to cut down on the number of things I have to take. Feedback is appreciated!

Esq.2B

Okay you're in!!! :grin:

I haven't tried the JarroSil but maybe someone will log in who can help! :)

Esq.2B

Had my morning shake.

I forgot to mention that I HATE taking pills.
I'm not having too much trouble taking my hair, skin & nail vits, and the evening primrose oil, but I'm having the hardest time taking my multivitamin. When I finish the Andrew Lessman brand, I'm going to switch to something with less pills (preferrably one or two). The problem is I don't think I'll finish those for another year (I didn't cancel the audo-ship and I have about two tubs). I do like the Andrew Lessman HSN vitamins, so when I finish the brand I have now, I'll reorder those.

Well, enough complaining -- while I'm at it, I'm going to take some vits right now.

Have you looked into liquid vitamins? Some people have had success with liquid vitamins. I thought about taking liquid amino acids but I don't feel like kicking out that extra money. :lol:

Esq.2B

I want to join in. I am taking:

Omega 3-6-9
Chlorella
Spirulina
Cod liver
Garlic
Calcium/Mag
Vitamin C

adding more Fish oil and MSM and B vitamin

Thanks, this challenge should help me stay on track!

Hopefully it keeps me on track too! I completely slacked off once August hit. :lol: