Everyday Hair...The Pretty, The Nappy, The Crazy...Post Your Hair RIGHT NOW!!!

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Lovely hair, lovely pattern on the dress. It makes me want to do a twist out me too. Is this a one-product twist out? How long does it last for you?

Thanks!

This time I only used one product: Jakeala's Shea Amla Parfait.

However, I like layering gel over it and twisting out that way: Its sleeker, lasts longer, stays hydrated longer, etc.

It will last about 3 days if I don't retwist at night. If I retwist at night (and you can twist more chunkily at night once you've already established the initial twist out), it can last and last and last and last.

The very, very, very best twist out tutorial series I've ever seen on YT is by YouTuber pashtash. I linked her video in that "Most Helpful Hair Video" thread or whatever I called it.

In her tutorial, she covers EVERYTHING. I learned so much. I learned how to make the style last, what to do at night, how to handle the hair when twisting, etc. She grew her hair out LONG by wearing a lot of twist outs. Her twist outs are TIGHT. :yep:

Last edited:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Thanks a lot dear!

And what are your tips for volume?

:lol:

I want to eliminate the volume! Lol!

Well, the more you separate your twists after unraveling, the more volume.

Also, you can take both of your hands, slide them underneath your hair to palm your scalp, and then use your fingers to gently pull up slightly through the roots to get some volume.

Also, of course most people take a pick and fluff at the roots for volume.

Alma Petra

:lol:

I want to eliminate the volume! Lol!

Well, the more you separate your twists after unraveling, the more volume.

Also, you can take both of your hands, slide them underneath your hair to palm your scalp, and then use your fingers to gently pull up slightly through the roots to get some volume.

Also, of course most people take a pick and fluff at the roots for volume.

What? Do you want sickly limp twists? Come on! Your volume is to be envied!

I own a pick. Let's see if I can get a decent looking twist out with its help. I have ordered a new bonnet drier attachment. I'm wondering whether to wait for it or to set out on this adventure sooner lol

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
I never got a chance to post my new cut. Dealing with the scarring alopecia was causing me too much stress. The various patches of legnth, the small bald spots here and there, uhhhh, I couldn't deal any more. I decided to try a tapered cut and opt for protective styles (wigs) when I feel like switching things up.

View attachment 409029

Looking like a regal queen on the thrown, contemplating her next strategic move to ensure the kingdom thrives. The cut looks chic and elegant on you. You hair looks really good!

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
@YvetteWithJoy ,
This wig does help when I'm in a pinch, though!

Yes it does, but ugh...I just miss my hair. I take it off when I get home, since DH can't stand wigs or weaves, and it would allow me to see my hair. I thought seeing my scalp would be enough for me to maintain wearing the wig for a while. Oooohhhh, I lied to myself. I made it three weeks, lol! I will say that it has been a great protective style, while my hair was in braids. I'm either going to do a roller set or a wash and go. I have already replaced my mini braids with thicker braids for wash day tomorrow.

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
:giggle: at the look on your face. I so feel ya. I'm still wearing my twists under my asymmetrical wavy bob wig (yeah . . . this wig is doing a lot. Lol.).

I need to learn how to try to make the part look more realistic, and I'm thinking about removing the asymmetry. This wig does help when I'm in a pinch, though!

View attachment 410155

I would trim an inch off in the front and maintain the back.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Love it, @Coilystep!

Today's twist-out done with a MUCH faster wash day method/combo. :clap:

Prepoo/detangle/cleanse/condition: Pure O.N.E. Beauty African Black Soap Prepoo Mud Mask/Wash
Silken and strengthen: Organic rice water rinse
Ayurvedic infusion and sealing: Jakeala Shea Amla Parfait
Styling: EarthTones Naturals Gelly

16 twists installed (flat twisted at the front, regular two-strand twists at the back). Dried under HairFlair.

WP_20170909_014.jpg

WP_20170909_024.jpg

Attachments

• WP_20170909_017 1.jpg
    WP_20170909_017 1.jpg
    829 KB · Views: 93

Alma Petra

Kiadodie

Just took my weave out...

NatrulyMe

:badidea:
BTW Ladies....There's an LHCF App available for Android and iPhone!!!! This is how the ladies are posting on the go. :grin:

I remember during my agressive hair growing days, I thought my hair would look great all the time and should feel great all the time based on what I saw in some of my hair idols pics. I only saw glamour pics, not the everyday hair pics.

If my Hair didn't look a certain way or feel like the way some of the ladies hair looked, I thought I may be doing something wrong.

The reality...some days are better than others but most days my hair is not glamourous.

So post your everyday hair...ponytails, buns, braidouts, flat ironed, nappy, pretty, crazy, and everything in between....

I'm stretching to manage the new growth so I straighten my hair but i cant seem to control the nap in the back...oh well...lol.

May I join? I agree with you about feeling like I am doing something wrong in my regimen if my hair did not look like some of the ladies. In the past six months, I noticed my hair often looked and felt dry and frizzy. Last month, my hair shed more than ever since becoming natural, so I decided to change my routine and regimen (for experiment--to see what my hair likes and dislikes). Here's a few images of my crazy hair days...:badidea::look::blush2:

:busted:

NatrulyMe

My most recently flexi-rods style. Believe it or not...This was my first time trying. I absolutely loved this style! :love: The curls lasted for six days-- probably would've last more days, but it was time to shampoo, Sheba (my hair). BTW, please excuse the pimple on my face.