Everything you ever wanted to know about PhytoRelaxer and them some.

Did you find this information useful?

• Yes

Votes: 250 96.5%
  • Nope; you wasted your time.

Votes: 9 3.5%

• Total voters

Luscious Locks

Does anyone else feel that Phyto Relaxer is really difficult to wash out/ neutralize!? It doesn't wash out as easily as my old relaxer. I'm really thinking of switching because it scares me. It's also not giving me the swing that I experienced with the first use, and I think it's due to an unannouced formula change.

I can say without a doubt that the Phyto box kit that I get from Sephora these days is NOT the same formula I purchased from sephora 1.5 years ago.

I'm frustrated and sad because now I'm wondering what to do.

Rainy

I dropped Phyto at the beginning of the year. I used up my supply and started using Davines relaxer. I actually like it a lot, because it's a lot closer to the original results of Phyto 1 - relaxed, but natural curl remains in the hair. I still have Phyto 2 in the ends of my hair, so I can't wear down without manipulation, but I'm hoping to get there in 2011 (cut off enough of those straight ends). Also, my hair is growing again - not extreme growth, but after keeping the same basic length, I'm actually a couple of inches longer without really realizing it.

Don't get me wrong. I am not at all in the bra-length or waist length world of many posters. For the last few years, I normally maintain just above shoulder length (collar length). Now I am dipping below the shoulder, which is a surprise.

Currently, I am toying with the idea of just using keratin treatments and no relaxer. I had one in late 2009 and didn't really see much of a change. Now, I have a couple of months of growth, a lighter relaxer and overall healthier hair (despite the highlights), so I'll see if I can really see a difference.

Lorraine

Solitude

Does anyone else feel that Phyto Relaxer is really difficult to wash out/ neutralize!? It doesn't wash out as easily as my old relaxer. I'm really thinking of switching because it scares me. It's also not giving me the swing that I experienced with the first use, and I think it's due to an unannouced formula change.

I can say without a doubt that the Phyto box kit that I get from Sephora these days is NOT the same formula I purchased from sephora 1.5 years ago.

I'm frustrated and sad because now I'm wondering what to do.

I didn't know the formula changed! I just used up the last box that I bought in December when they were on sale.

Sometimes it's hard to wash out, but with my last application I had no problem. Maybe you can try letting the neutralizer sit on your hair for a few minutes before each rinse. My hair did feel dry, but once it dried (after my rinse and an hour of DC'ing) it was nice and soft and bouncy.

Luscious Locks

I didn't know the formula changed! I just used up the last box that I bought in December when they were on sale.

Sometimes it's hard to wash out, but with my last application I had no problem. Maybe you can try letting the neutralizer sit on your hair for a few minutes before each rinse. My hair did feel dry, but once it dried (after my rinse and an hour of DC'ing) it was nice and soft and bouncy.

Before I get hung out to dry by you girls, I want to say that it's merely an observation that I've made. I can not say for certain that the formula has changed because I have not yet contacted Phyto Corporate.

I have had issues with dryness withing the last month. I washed with a chelating poo and deep conditioned earlier this week. It seemed to help. I also chelated again and my hair is feeling soooooo much better. It's pretty unbelievable. It's back to so soft, smooth, and bouncy, and I didn't even use a lick of heat! I just air dried with Phyto 9 (my expensive addiction)

If any of you ladies feel as if your hair is hard or dry after using Phyto relaxer, you've probably got to use a chelating shampoo. I know that the formula does not have any calcium hydroxide like other no lye relaxers, but the protein precipitates that someone was discussing earlier in the thread may do the same exact thing that calcium does to hair.

My ORS creamy aloe neutralizing poo is my new HG shampoo. I simply can not and will never be without it. I urge you girls to try it on relaxer day. You'll see that the relaxer rinses out more easily.

I'm only 3 weeks post. We'll see in 9 more weeks if i stick with Phyto. Don't hate me for thinking about other relaxers. ::runs out of thread:::flyingwit