February 2014...What Did YOU Buy This Week? (Hair Care Edition)

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Joico K Pak Clarifying Poo
KeraCare Hydrating Detangling Poo Sulfate Free version

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

cutenss

From Sallys (using my 15% off coupon, that doubles TODAY ONLY :))

Aphogee Curlifric Moisture Rich Leave In and Curl Definer

Salon Care The Croco Clip

An_gell

- My HoneyChild buttery soy hair creme
- Oyin Handmade hair dew
- Hesh Kalpi Tone
- Max Green Rescue Styling Gel
- Max Green Rescue Sculpting Gel
- Jamaican Black Castor Oil extra dark
- Gold N Hot Elite Professional Stand Bonnet Dryer

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
DoDo,

What do you think of the hemp seed oil? I keep seeing this as an ingredient more and more.

Pennefeather

My hair loves ceramide oils in general namely; grape seed oil, sunflower oil, safflower oil etc. Hempseed oil is also rich in ceramides and what I have noticed about ceramide rich oils is that they glide on to the hair like a serum. They seem to have a smoothing quality that helps to maintain shine and elasticity in my hair.

My skin absolutely adores hemp seed oil too. It really softens and smooths my skin so I figured it was a win-win purchase.

ETA: Most of my skin care products either contain lab isolated ceramides or ceramide rich oils. It is safe to say my skin is a huge fan of ceramides.

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
Shea Moisture Kids Curling Buttercream

Con Air Barber Shears

Organix Coconut Water Weightless Hydrating Oil Mist

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
L'Oreal OleoTherapy conditioner and shampoo
L'Oreal EverCreme cleansing conditioner
L'Oreal EverSleek frizz taming serum
Brami Alma oil
Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum
Conair Infinity Pro blowdyer

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Last edited:

werenumber2

I grabbed the Goody Mini Spin Pins about 2 weeks ago. I'm in love with these things. They don't tug and snag my hair when I put them in or take them out. I barely feel them in my hair when they're in. I think they are awesome!

I saw that the Mini Spin Pins were on clearance at Walgreens today and couldn't resist grabbing a pack!

nmartin20

Pennefeather My hair loves ceramide oils in general namely; grape seed oil, sunflower oil, safflower oil etc. Hempseed oil is also rich in ceramides and what I have noticed about ceramide rich oils is that they glide on to the hair like a serum. They seem to have a smoothing quality that helps to maintain shine and elasticity in my hair. My skin absolutely adores hemp seed oil too. It really softens and smooths my skin so I figured it was a win-win purchase. ETA: Most of my skin care products either contain lab isolated ceramides or ceramide rich oils. It is safe to say my skin is a huge fan of ceramides.

Do you mix your oils or do you use them separately?

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I bought some Dominican magic silk serum which is a heavy silicone serum. I bought it so it wouldn't destroy my ends when I wore my hair in a ponytail. I want to test it out for a while and see how it stands up to long term use.

Pennefeather

Originally Posted by DoDo View Post
Pennefeather My hair loves ceramide oils in general namely; grape seed oil, sunflower oil, safflower oil etc. Hempseed oil is also rich in ceramides and what I have noticed about ceramide rich oils is that they glide on to the hair like a serum. They seem to have a smoothing quality that helps to maintain shine and elasticity in my hair. My skin absolutely adores hemp seed oil too. It really softens and smooths my skin so I figured it was a win-win purchase. ETA: Most of my skin care products either contain lab isolated ceramides or ceramide rich oils. It is safe to say my skin is a huge fan of ceramides.

Today 02:44 AM

DoDo and nmartin20

I was researching ceramindes last night, and found that wheat germ is also a good source. I recently began using wheat germ in my shea mixture, so I'm covered. I'm also thinking about getting either rice bran or hempseed. Does the hempseed have a strong scent?

Pennefeather

I just bought some cupuaco butter online last night. I'm planning to mix this in with the shea, avocado, mango, and coco butter mixture.

I decided to give it a try after seeing Lisa from Carol's Daughter rave about this, and how it helps to prevent frizz from humidity. ronie wrote a review 2/16 and really liked her cupuaco products.

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care

nmartin20

I tend to mix my hair oils. I like using grapeseed as a carrier oil as well as avocado oil. Then I just add in different oils based on what they do for my hair.

I buy my skin products ready made (I don't know whether you were asking about that?). But I will mix in a single oil with my lotions while applying my lotion for morning or night.

My skin is a whole lot more persnickety about which oil I use than my hair. My skin likes hemp seed oil and avocado oil and that is pretty much it. Sometimes it likes grape seed oil also. There are a series of oils I haven't tried yet though (wheat germ, broccoli, peanut etc.).

EnExitStageLeft

BB Hair Show:

2 Bottles of Hairfinity Vitamins
1 Aphoghee Keratin and Green tea reconstructorizer
1 Shea Moisture Noni something Poo
2 Shea Moisture Noni something Conditioners

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
BB Hair Show:

2 Bottles of Hairfinity Vitamins
1 Aphoghee Keratin and Green tea reconstructorizer
1 Shea Moisture Noni something Poo
2 Shea Moisture Noni something Conditioners

EnExitStageLeft Let me know how you like 'em. I tried them last night. I used the weekly treatment followed by the mask. The weekly treatment by itself left my hair feeling pretty soft and slightly strong. Followed by the mask, my hair felt strong. I think I may underestimate the amount of protein my fine hair needs.

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
EnExitStageLeft Let me know how you like 'em. I tried them last night. I used the weekly treatment followed by the mask. The weekly treatment by itself left my hair feeling pretty soft and slightly strong. Followed by the mask, my hair felt strong. I think I may underestimate the amount of protein my fine hair needs.

Froreal3

Wow, it is like you are in the protein discovery stage of your fine hair growth journey :drunk:. I am certainly rooting for you, let me know how it goes!

Are you low or high porosity? That may also affect how much protein your hair needs/can tolerate.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Froreal3

Wow, it is like you are in the protein discovery stage of your fine hair growth journey :drunk:. I am certainly rooting for you, let me know how it goes!

Are you low or high porosity? That may also affect how much protein your hair needs/can tolerate.

Thanks DoDo. I knew my hair loved protein, but just trying to figure out how much, so that I can stay consistent. I usually do a mild protein dc every two weeks. I also spray with Aphogee Keratin & Green Tea when I feel I need a boost. I might not even need any dcs w/out some form of protein. I think I'm normal to high porosity.

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
Thanks DoDo. I knew my hair loved protein, but just trying to figure out how much, so that I can stay consistent. I usually do a mild protein dc every two weeks. I also spray with Aphogee Keratin & Green Tea when I feel I need a boost. I might not even need any dcs w/out some form of protein. I think I'm normal to high porosity.

Froreal3

:yep: Your hair is definitely in a long term committed relationship with protein. Don't fight it, just let it happen :dinner:. :lol:

ConstanceEcrivain

From Sally's:

8oz Aphoghee Keratin and Green Tea Reconstructorizer
8oz ApHogee Intensive Two Minute Keratin Reconstructor
16oz ApHogee Two Step Protein Treatment
Spray bottle
Application bottle

xu93texas

Sally's:
As I Am Coconut Co-wash
Mizani Thermasmooth Smooth Guard
Mizani Thermasmooth Shine Extend anti humidity spritz
Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Kids Detangler w-slippery elm and marshmallow extract
Plastic caps
Spray bottle

Ulta:
It's a Ten Miracle leave in plus keratin

all_1_length

Sally's:
As I Am Coconut Co-wash
Mizani Thermasmooth Smooth Guard
Mizani Thermasmooth Shine Extend anti humidity spritz
Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Kids Detangler w-slippery elm and marshmallow extract
Plastic caps
Spray bottle

Ulta:
It's a Ten Miracle leave in plus keratin
Me too. Although I got rid of the last jar I had thinking that I would never use it again I started to miss it. Now I have a fresh batch but I'm still not certain how I am going to incorporate it into my regimen.:spinning: