First Salon visit since 2005....(pics)

ElizaBlue

Your hair looks beautiful, but wow I was most mesmorized by your story. You should write blogs! Do you work for a newspaper or magazine?

By the way the $35 was just to wash, rollerset and no blowdrying or styling? Shoot, come to my house and I'll do that for free! Just bring me some Dunkin Donuts LOL

Yeah. I guess that was a bit much. Maybe because of all the new growth. And I tipped her $5.

No I don't work for any publications...wish I did though.

ElizaBlue

A memory for EB:

Okay that's scary. He looks like this only bigger. This could be his "little" brother.:lachen:

soulie

Okay that's scary. He looks like this only bigger. This could be his "little" brother.:lachen:

That is HIM. I was curious about Salon in the Park (we have nothing that cool here) so I Googled it. There's a link on the page to put in the first name of the stylist and that is Otis's picture.

ElizaBlue

That is HIM. I was curious about Salon in the Park (we have nothing that cool here) so I Googled it. There's a link on the page to put in the first name of the stylist and that is Otis's picture.

GTFOH!!!!! Are you serious? Stop playing.

Last edited:

blue_flower

That was a great story! You're allergic to relaxers? I have to steal that line! Kim did a good job on your hair. I haven't been to the salon in a long time. It looks like I'm not missing anything!

ElizaBlue

That was a great story! You're allergic to relaxers? I have to steal that line! Kim did a good job on your hair. I haven't been to the salon in a long time. It looks like I'm not missing anything!

I will probably go back. It was a nice change from air drying and my bun. But if I start to notice any breakage, I would run back to my protective style.

Last edited:

andrea

Just like Obama could read the dictionary and make i amazing.. I believe you could rewrite the dictionary and make it amaziang..

I love your hair.. I think I am going to let the color go and move on to black.. I have a lot of grey. So, the highlights blend them in.. Plus, I have been getting my hair highlighted for so long it is just what I do..

But I love silky black hair..

ETA.. You know I have this bad habit of just responding to the OP with out reading the rest.,. So, yeah, you can turn a police report into a best seller..... Yeah...

I love that concept for a salon...

Last edited:

ElizaBlue

Just like Obama could read the dictionary and make i amazing.. I believe you could rewrite the dictionary and make it amaziang..

I love your hair.. I think I am going to let the color go and move on to black.. I have a lot of grey. So, the highlights blend them in.. Plus, I have been getting my hair highlighted for so long it is just what I do..

But I love silky black hair..

ETA.. You know I have this bad habit of just responding to the OP with out reading the rest.,. So, yeah, you can turn a police report into a best seller..... Yeah...

I love that concept for a salon...

Hey honey, ain't no problem however you check in. I am absolutely loving this Clairol Natural Instincts in Midnight black. I just can get with the two different textures on the top and the bottom. Heck I ain't even trying to transition

infojunkie

After your hair fell it was too die for. I'm so glad you didn't let that woman slap a perm on your hair, but have you made up your mind whether or not you're transitioning or are you just a super long stretcher? :lachen:Either way Ma, it's beautiful!!! And you know you can practice your writing skills on us any old time.

(You know we'll read the ABC's if you write 'em. :grin:)

***off to read the JCPenny thread***

ElizaBlue

After your hair fell it was too die for. I'm so glad you didn't let that woman slap a perm on your hair, but have you made up your mind whether or not you're transitioning or are you just a super long stretcher? :lachen:Either way Ma, it's beautiful!!! And you know you can practice your writing skills on us any old time.

(You know we'll read the ABC's if you write 'em. :grin:)

***off to read the JCPenny thread***

Thank you honey. Just finished the rest of the salmon last night.

No I just didn't want her practicing on my head. First she had on a Kango. So I couldn't see if she was bald or not. I always judge a stylist by their own mane.

Secondly, I really want to go back into my twists. I cannot find my Sengalese braider and I'm not so sure the dipping my ends in scalding hot water wasn't the reason I'm chopping 3 inches everytime I take my twists down.

jndurieux

Your story was great...I could see everything...I didn't want it to end...Your hair looks beautiful and silky.

pmichael52172

ElizaBlue,

I'm sure you love your career but you really need to consider writing short stories or features or product reviews or something. I laughed out loud at something in each paragraph.

ElizaBlue

ElizaBlue,

I'm sure you love your career but you really need to consider writing short stories or features or product reviews or something. I laughed out loud at something in each paragraph.

Chile from your keyboard to God's ears. I'm trying eva day. And no I do not love my career I became a cop to be able to get my kids both the left shoe and the right shoe on the same day.

Somebody...anybody tell me I'ma get paid to stay home and write....I will mail this gun and badge to Uncle Sam. With a quickness.

Thank you for that!

LovinLea

LOL, you tell a good story. I was biting my nails when Big O came to stare at you, saying "oh no" when you had to stare her down from that fine tooth, and cracking up when you told her about your "allergy to relaxers".

Honi

There is no board.
That part about the comb and brush was funny! :lachen: She knew you didn't play.

What style did the candle girls end up with?

I picture Big Otis as a big ole' fat sweaty dude with greasy lips. Your description was too funny.

ElizaBlue

That part about the comb and brush was funny! :lachen: She knew you didn't play.

What style did the candle girls end up with?

I picture Big Otis as a big ole' fat sweaty dude with greasy lips. Your description was too funny.

He was he was. Someone actually googled the shop and posted him on this thread. It was him. I was cracking up.

I didn't see the little girls when they left but he had to plan on covering that 1 inch of hair with a phony tail or something.

Naturelle

OP: I felt like I was reading a good book (and I'm a t work...trying to minimize my screen and all :lachen:)

Hair looks great. It's good that she listened and used her common sense (I guess it kicked in momentarily after a few seconds of staredowns lol)

MAMATO

I love your story and your hair is great. Did you really have 4 inches in 2 months ... wow this MT is not a joke though... I ordered 2 bottles last week, can't wait to try it... Do you leave in on or do you wash it out ... thanks again for sharing your story....

Jazzmommy

I loved your story... I agree with the other posters... I was pulled in by your writing style! You have a great talent for writing... I was cracking up about Big Otis... and the allergy to relaxers... that's classic:yep:

Oh.. love the hair too!