Flat Iron vs Pressing Comb

SNyeema

Okay. So my 2 year old has type 4a/b hair and usually, about twice a month I press her hair. Well last night was one of the nights I decided to go through the whole ritual when it dawned on me that I should try to flat iron her hair instead of pressing it. And guess what....IT WORKED!!!

It was SO much easier to flat iron. I just washed and let it air dry in six little puff balls. Then I took out one puff, made a part, put some Afro Sheen pressing crème on the piece of hair, and ran the flat iron over it once. It was a duplicate (if not better) that the press.

No more burning incense and opening windows to mask the burning hair smell; no more being confined to the kitchen; no more wondering if the comb was too hot, or not hot enough; no more blowing when I run the comb through so the hot steam wouldn't burn her; no more risking the awful hot comb burn (hasn't happened yet thank God); none of that.

I put her in her high chair, plugged up the flat iron and put it on my table, and we watched countless episodes of Barney and Kipper until I was done. I was so nice. Not to mention, her hair was nice, moist (and not dried out), and shiny. This is definitely something that I will continue to do. Just wanted to share. Ciao family!

sunnygirl

Sunnygirl
Wow, I am impressed she will even let you come near her hair with any type of heating tools. My three year old son has a hard time sitting still just for a hair cut with scissors. :lol:

SNyeema

sunnygirl said:
Wow, I am impressed she will even let you come near her hair with any type of heating tools. My three year old son has a hard time sitting still just for a hair cut with scissors. :lol:

yeah she's so patient. My best client. I just have to have fruit snacks, ice cream, popcorn, coloring books, and plenty of kid shows to watch and she's fine. Plus she has nothing to fear since I've never burned her before. It's like I'm just doing her hair as normal.