Flaxseed...

Did flaxseed oil change your body in any way?

• Yes - in a good way (explain)

Votes: 24 42.9%
  • Yes - in a bad way (explain)

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • No not really/ haven't noticed

Votes: 30 53.6%

• Total voters

Esq.2B

I only put two and two together when I joined the forum as my boobs were getting bigger and didnt know it was the flaxseed doing the dirty on me...seriously...I am packing more than I need in the chest department I dont need anymore...so the pills had to go!:nono:

Same here. I was taking the flaxseed oil for hair benefits. It's not until a poster said something about certain EFAs and boobage. I was like daaaaaaaaang, thaaaaaaat's it!

Ms.Nigeria

come to think of it. no bigger boobs and more discharge :perplexed. will dicontinue after this bottle

Last edited:

Platinum

I think the Flaxseed softgels have been working. My NG is softer (I'm not sure if Co-washing has something to do with it though) and I think my "girls" are getting bigger. My size 36B bras don't fit like they used to and my "girls" feel a little fuller.:grin: I'm going to continue with the flaxseed.

kbody4

I take Spring Valley Flaxseed oil (1000mg) that I buy from Wal-Mart. I've been on them since November 2007

Here are some changes I've noticed:

More Engery
Skin is nice
Less menstral cramps/clotting ( Flaxseed helps with the heart and circulation)
Not as cold all the time
My boobs are fuller ( even with excercise, they have not went down)
Softer new growth, and I think my hair has thicken up a lot!
Increase muscle mass ( my cellulite seem to have minimized a bit)

I keep my flaxseed supplements in the refrigerator, and I only take 1 or 2 daily. I don't take three soft gels daily

Platinum

I take Spring Valley Flaxseed oil (1000mg) that I buy from Wal-Mart. I've been on them since November 2007

More Engery
Skin is nice
Not as cold all the time

I keep my flaxseed supplements in the refrigerator, and I only take 1 or 2 daily. I don't take three soft gels daily

That's the one I'm taking. I love it!:grin:

DivaD04

More Engery
Skin is nice
Not as cold all the time

although i took the flaxseed oil via powder form, ah man, i loved it. it's an all round tko for me. i think what we take in healthy...it gives us 10 fold of it's benefits throughout our body. flaxseed however aided in diegestion as well...fiber! i don't think i've notice bigger boobs on me...i really wish, i can use the extra lb. or 2 up there:yep: but my menstral cramps did subside and hey i'm happy, speaking of....i need to get me somemore, let me start surfing vitamin shoppe cuz that's where i got mine.

vestaluv1

My skin is definately more moisturised and not as dry as it used to be.
My hair texture has softened but I don't know if thats due to the Flaxseed or MSM I'm taking.

Irresistible

I use the Spectrum brand oil for more than a year and no extra boobage. I take a tablespoon a day.

It makes my skin more moisturized and my new growth comes in softer and feels coated.

Thats the brand I have always taken too , I think , black bottle right?

for those having symptoms with flax from extra estrogen

you guys need to seriously ditch that oil, because your boobs might be bigger, but estrogen can put you at high risk for so many things, too much to even name here

Ive never heard of estrogen being in Flax oil......I'm shocked

atlien11

Thats the brand I have always taken too , I think , black bottle right?

for those having symptoms with flax from extra estrogen

you guys need to seriously ditch that oil, because your boobs might be bigger, but estrogen can put you at high risk for so many things, too much to even name here
Ive never heard of estrogen being in Flax oil......I'm shocked

Irresistable is right.
I loved the idea of taking flaxseed but i am on birth control (produces estrogen). Taking B.C. with flax seed oil can produce too much estrogen and its is not a good thing (so ladies on B.C. and taking this, BE CAREFUL). The risks of too much estrogen ARENT GOOD :nono: and can make your hair shed something crazy. The nutrionist mentioned that there are some patients with hairloss because of estrogen overproduction so just an fyi.

ALSO - dont be fooled. Once the flaxseed goes, your NEW boobs go too. LOL.

Last edited:

shunta

Now see, Im mad at yall who got bigger boobs. Ive been taking it for over a year and have never noticed bigger boobs. Oh well.:perplexed But anyway, I love flaxseed because it makes my skin looks nice and my ng is very soft, too. :yep:

I only thought evening primerose oil made boobs bigger. Had no idea flaxseed had the same effect on some.

kbody4

although i took the flaxseed oil via powder form, ah man, i loved it. it's an all round tko for me. i think what we take in healthy...it gives us 10 fold of it's benefits throughout our body. flaxseed however aided in diegestion as well...fiber! i don't think i've notice bigger boobs on me...i really wish, i can use the extra lb. or 2 up there:yep: but my menstral cramps did subside and hey i'm happy, speaking of....i need to get me somemore, let me start surfing vitamin shoppe cuz that's where i got mine.

Oh I forgot about the fiber! Yes it's very good for digestion. I still wear the same bra size, but mines look fuller. I'm so glad to hear that your cramps are not bad for you :)

DivaD04

Oh I forgot about the fiber! Yes it's very good for digestion. I still wear the same bra size, but mines look fuller. I'm so glad to hear that your cramps are not bad for you :)

girl yes, the clerk in vitamin shoppe told me about the fiber it contains, i was like cool. i'm glad that u benefit from it through ur bra size, i'm small chested and probably will be for the rest of my life, lol but i'm cool w/ it unless i can get the fat transfer to my chest then i would sport them natural puppies like there would be no tommorow!

girl my cramps just started to lighten up after having my first baby 4 years ago, shoooooooot, as a teen tho, a whoooooole different story.

Here's somemore info on flaxseed if anyone wants to read about it if the haven't already;

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/benefits-of-flaxseed
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/flaxseed/AN01258

and info on cramps
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/menstrual-cramps/DS00506
http://www.womensweb.ca/health/repro/cramps.php
http://www.webmd.com/search/search_results/default.aspx?query=menstrual cramps&sourceType=undefined

a video
http://www.webmd.com/video/cramping-your-style

hth

ajacks

Did flaxseed oil change your body in anyway? Some women say their breast grew or their skin was moisturized? I've notice some odd little things going on myself.

How about you all?

ETA: If it has estrogen as one lhcf sister said, that would explain the change in boob size and discharge, not in a bad way at all just more of it. (TMI I KNOW) - I'm gonna have to go off of this. Its getting crazy.

My boobs are big enough. No amount of hair growth is worth the risk of being a DD.

Coffee

I haven't noticed any difference in my girls...yet, or ng, but I've only been taking the oil for about 2 weeks. I mix it in with my smoothies.

tottzu

Ladies,

I have the seeds. Picked them up for a $1.00 or so at the local Indian store. How can I use them?

Thanksk

lisa

You can add them to yogurt, smoothies, ice cream, etc. Whatever you like them in. Be sure to crush the seeds before use to release the goodies inside. Sometimes, I just take a spoonful by itself and chew them. But, I prefer the capsules.

My breast size has not increased/changed.

cupcakes

damn i need to get some of this stuff asap
lawd knows i need sum boobs.. and lighter cramps

Last edited:

Lucky's Mom

I did not know about the boob thing.

I am a ddd - so don't need any more of that.:nono:

I am taking flaxseed for regularity and general health - because I have to take so much iron.

SoAnxious12

i saw healther scalp, more even toned skin (after extensive use), smaller appetite and it may be my imagination but i could've swore i was able to work out longer.

*closer*2*my*dreams*

I read that flaxseed oil should reduce discharge; when i took the whole foods 360 brand, i noticed a different, but now i have another brand (from walgreen's I think) and i'm not a big fan of it. after this bottle, i will definitely go back to the 360 brand!

Anna9764

I wondered why my skin was all a glow :grin:. I recently up'ed my water intake because it had gotten leathery from taking biotin, I started taking the flaxseed about a month ago, and my skin has never looked so radiant. I love it. I also educate myself a little on the web before I start taking anything, and found that flaxseed assists with Heart health...Cholesterol & Blood Pressure as well as prevents some Cancers, As well as skin and hair health just name a few. With those benefits gonna keep flaxseed around for a while :yep:.

LivingDoll

I started taking flaxseed capsules for my scalp. When i found the board I was looking for remedies for dry scalp. I learned that Flaxseed was highly recommended. It definitely worked wonders for me in lots of ways. My scalp is not as tight and dry, my skin is radiant, its a natural intimate lubricant :grin:, and my new growth comes in really soft and kinda stretched (which allows me to go longer between retouches). It didn't increase my bra size though.