FOTKI KILLED MY COMPUTER!

Skyfall

if you guys cant get on the internet after the virus has been removed, go to internet explorer> click tools> internet options>connections> lan settings> proxy server, if the proxy server box is checked, uncheck it.

jupitermoon

I've visited Fotki a few times these past few days. Tonight I did another full system scan using Norton and no viruses or trojans were found. I also scanned my computer for spyware/trojans using both SuperAntiSpyware and MalwareBytes and no spyware or trojans were found using these either. My computer hasn't been acting funny and I've seen no strange pop ups, etc.

Tonight I downloaded Mozzila Firefox and the ad blocker ad on. Now, websites including this one run much faster. Also the Terminix ad with all the roaches that kept popping up on this site is just disgusting and I'm happy I don't have to see it anymore, lol. I would recommend everyone download these because they make Internet browsing much more enjoyable and safer. Ads are not only annoying but can contain tracking cookies and spyware as well.

I think trojans/spyware/viruses, etc. are a big problem with the Internet in general. It's important to have a well protected computer and not visit and download from unsafe sites, including free music from places like LimeWire (this is where I got all of my viruses and trojans from). I agree with LynnieB on this issue that many are having with Fotki.

jupitermoon

I emailed Fotki customer service a few days ago concerning this issue that others have experienced. Here's the response:

"Hello,

We are really sorry for temporary inconvenience caused by this issue. Our technicians are currently investigating the source of this threat and will certainly get rid of it in no time.

Please let me know if I can help with anything else.

Best regards,
[NAME REMOVED SINCE THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM]
Fotki.com Customer Support

Fotki Customer Service response on Fri, Aug 20, 2010 7:55 PM EDT"

^^^Now I don't know if they're actually addressing this issue or not but perhaps if they receive enough complaints?

JKinkylocks

:nono:Wow, this is not good. I stopped updating my Fotki in March because I just didn't want to update until I saw some noticable growth. Now I'm ready to update again and this is quite concerning! Has Fotki sent a message to their members that they're at least trying to correct the problem? Not good.:nono:

hannan

Mac users: I couldn't resist and decided to check out a fotki page on Firefox. Lo and behold, I get a warning and it says I need to get the heck outta there!

Never again! :wallbash: Being a stalker got the best of me.

LynnieB

Mac users: I couldn't resist and decided to check out a fotki page on Firefox. Lo and behold, I get a warning and it says I need to get the heck outta there!

Never again! :wallbash: Being a stalker got the best of me.

Did you install the additional add-ons as was suggested in previous posts/threads?

If you do, you will not see a thing.

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
So that would explain why my computer crashed a few days ago without any warning. It's at the repair shop. I've been on Fotki for a few weeks just looking at the progress shots. I just tried looking at another member's fotki with my other computer (with Norton AV) and I get a message telling me Fotki is an attack site. Okay, so that's it for me and fotki until they get that sorted. I cannot afford to lose another computer.

Moodyma'am

I haven't had chance to read all this thread but my laptop just displayed a warning that fotki has tried to install malware on my system. I'm staying the hell out of there - forget the pictures.

LovelyRo

I got a virus from Fotki on my work computer back in April... I have not been back on fotki since then!!!

LynnieB

I think more people should write complaints to them. I wonder are they really aware that so many people are experiencing this?

:yep:

C&P

The information is very simple and easy to find :S

But here's the FOTKI link to their customer service (Note: must be logged into use):

http://myaccount.fotki.com/customer_...e/new_inquiry/

Fotki email address, Fax Number and snail-mail address: http://about.fotki.com/contact-us/

To File A Complaint: http://client.fotki.com/complaint/

Trust me, if I were having these problems, I'd have let them know all about it in a heartbeat. They may not even know this is happening to users (The New York Times sure didn't know until people contacted them) .

Maybe folks can be compensated in some way :shrugs shoulders: (doubt it but they won't know until they try).

nymane

Any updates? Has the virus problem been fixed? Who's been on fotki recently? I'm too scared to try it.

LynnieB

I'm there right now. Added some pics yesterday and visited a few pages.

No problems at all.

I wonder if anyone's actually contacted Fotki about their problems?

shunta

Wow, so glad I found this thread. Fotki infected my desktop and now I have to get it fixed. Thanks a lot, Fotki. :wallbash:

Bumping to let more ladies know to be careful.

naturalmanenyc

I have not had any problems with fotki. I added photos earlier this week (new wigs) and visited pages with no issues at all.

I'm there right now. Added some pics yesterday and visited a few pages.

No problems at all.

I wonder if anyone's actually contacted Fotki about their problems?