Four-week MOISTURE RICH regimen/challenge

Fine 4s

I want to commit to a 4-week moisture rich regimen prior to my first flat iron in 4 years. Here's what I'd like to do:

Week 1

1.Pre-poo with oil under dryer 15 mns
2.Co-wash with a protein free condish (no protein)
3.DC with a moisture rich (no protein) product mixed with an oil under dryer 15 mns
4.Roux PC or ACV rinse or anything to close cuticle
5.Moisturize and seal with fav. leave-in and sealant
6.Apply growth stimulant on dry scalp (home made prod. or purchased)
7.Re-moisturize at least X2/week with leave-in and sealant
8.Massage scalp at least X4 week
9. Drink only water for 4 weeks. No subs, drink as much as possible.

Week 2

Same as above but sub step 1 for a 2 min ApHogee protein treat. and proceed to step 2 with no protein.

Week 3

Same as week 1

Week 4 - flat iron prep

1.Pre-poo with oil under dryer 15 mns
2.Co-wash with a protein free condish (no protein)
3.Two-Step ApHogee treatment until hard and dry under a hair dryer (hard core protein)
4.DC with a moisture rich (no protein) product mixed with an oil under dryer 30 mns
5.Roux PC or ACV rinse
6.Moisturize and seal with fav. leave-in and sealant
7.Apply heat protectant spray
8.Let air dry
9.Apply heat protectant serum
10. Burn awayyyyyyyyyyy....

Any advice any tweaking? What products would you use for the DC, leave-in and sealant?

Anyone want to join me?

sounds like a great moisture-rich regimen and big props to you for prepping so diligently for flat ironing :up:

I admire the thought you have put into your reggie! The only thing I would caution against is paying more attention to your schedule than your hair. Your hair will tell you (by the texture, flexibility, softness, etc) when it needs moisture or protein.

I admire the thought you have put into your reggie! The only thing I would caution against is paying more attention to your schedule than your hair. Your hair will tell you (by the texture, flexibility, softness, etc) when it needs moisture or protein.

I based my regimen on how my hair has behaves which is usually dry and breaky (if that's a word.) My regimen is what I ought to be doing NOW but far from it due to laziness.

I do protein treatments no matter what before using heat, a tip I got from someone here to prevent any heat damage that may occur during the process. I try to do the regular routine of every 6 weeks but *fail*. Since I tend to get tons of breakage on wash days, a protein is always good prior to additional hair stress & manipulation. Before a hard core protein treatment, I like to kill it with moisture in the prior weeks and then strengthen with the protein.
In fact, I'm hesitant to do the protein treatment the day after I flat iron. I'm tempted to move it to the prior week and the week of, focus on moisture. I'm not sure yet. What do you think?

What I really need to do is search for WestNDbeauty's (sp?) thread on the moisture prep she did prior to flat ironing. Her's was a one day prep I think.

Last edited:
I want to join so bad, but I know in my heart that I can't be drinking only water for 4 weeks straight. There's no human way I'd make it. :(
I'll be watching from the sidelines though, and cheering you on!

I am in! I am so new..........well not really I joined in 2004 but left and recently came back and joined so I need some challenges to help me reach my st APL length. Some of the terms I'm still figuring out but I read the boards daily. Can someone tell or give me the link that describes the various hair types? I put on my profile that I am a 4b but that was just a guess. Thanks for the challenge!!!

Sooooooooooo....ladies, I soooooooooo failed with this LOL.
I might have done two things out of all of this. By that I mean I might have had some water one day and then DC'd on another day. *shaking my head in shame*

Fine 4s
do you still plan to flat iron or will you be attempting your reggie again? I am curious because I had wanted to flatiron in a few weeks for thanksgiving.But I am scared of all the damage and do not really know how to care for my hair when its straight

I think its interesting that you do the hardcore protein before you straight... I may try that

Last edited:
Back