FROM BC TO WAIST LENGTH! Natural growth and health CHALLENGE.

MyAngelEyez~C~U

Bump!!

I'm loving my wash n gos ever since i started shingling on soaking wet hair. They turn out so much better, hold more moisture n weight. I just like them better...

My hair feels like it's getting longer....I wonder if these Nioxin Vitamins are working..,..

Sent from my iPod touch using LHCF

lp318lp

@Sprinkl3s, I cowash, spritz my hair with my glycerin/water leave-in, and shingle with Ecostyler pink gel, all in the shower. Then I shake my head to separate coils. I get out the shower n use a t-shirt to absorb excess water, shake once more, and continue with the rest of my morning/evening routine. I baggy at night to keep my hair moist, then spritz, shake/fluff n go in the morning. I can usually do this for 3-4 days, and it tends to look more defined as the days go on. My hair also stays moist because of the glycerin/water mix and baggying, no hard hair at all. HTH!

MyAngelEyez~C~U - I'm thinking about adding cowashing, air-drying, and w-'n-gos to my regimen, so I need to ask questions as if I'm in the 2nd grade (please bear with me)... What does "shingle" mean, and how do you do that? How do you baggy?

Just tryin' to get some additional techniques, tips, advices, and strategies to give my regimen a boost.

me~:rolleyes:

MyAngelEyez~C~U

MyAngelEyez~C~U - I'm thinking about adding cowashing, air-drying, and w-'n-gos to my regimen, so I need to ask questions as if I'm in the 2nd grade (please bear with me)... What does "shingle" mean, and how do you do that? How do you baggy?

Just tryin' to get some additional techniques, tips, advices, and strategies to give my regimen a boost.

Shingling is adding a curl definer to your hair in sections and then smoothing/raking it through. I do this with ecostyler while in the shower, on soaking wet hair. Baggying is wearing a plastic conditioning cap or shower cap on moisturized or damp hair. Helps restore or maintain moisture.
Check out the baggying challenge and the wash n go thread for ideas/methods.

lp318lp

Shingling is adding a curl definer to your hair in sections and then smoothing/raking it through. I do this with ecostyler while in the shower, on soaking wet hair. Baggying is wearing a plastic conditioning cap or shower cap on moisturized or damp hair. Helps restore or maintain moisture.

MyAngelEyez~C~U : Thanks, Sis!!

lp318lp

From BC to WL sisters: Are you flat ironing your hair? If so, how are you doing it? What flat iron are you using? Heat protectant? Methods?

Just curious... I know that Esthi777 flat ironed her hair, and that made me want to do so myself... My flat iron is too wickity-wickity-wickity-WHACK! I gave my ex-roommate my 1/2" Chi, so know I have to go buy a new one...

Co-washed/DC'd hair yesterday with my hubby's Tresemme's Moisturizing Conditioner for 6 hours (I believe :lick:). Educated my Boo too! He didn't know that he had to comb the conditioner through... He's too cute.

After rinsing my hair out, I moisturized with my Hawaiian Silky, and sealed with Wild Growth Hair Oil. Cornrowed hair and threw on satin bonnet.

Off from work today, and just enjoying my mane.

MyAngelEyez~C~U

From BC to WL sisters: Are you flat ironing your hair? If so, how are you doing it? What flat iron are you using? Heat protectant? Methods?

Just curious... I know that @Esthi777 flat ironed her hair, and that made me want to do so myself... My flat iron is too wickity-wickity-wickity-WHACK! I gave my ex-roommate my 1/2" Chi, so know I have to go buy a new one...

Co-washed/DC'd hair yesterday with my hubby's Tresemme's Moisturizing Conditioner for 6 hours (I believe :lick:). Educated my Boo too! He didn't know that he had to comb the conditioner through... He's too cute.

After rinsing my hair out, I moisturized with my Hawaiian Silky, and sealed with Wild Growth Hair Oil. Cornrowed hair and threw on satin bonnet.

Off from work today, and just enjoying my mane.

lp318lp
I'm trying not to flat iron myhair until the end of the year, and that's only if I make APL. If I don't, I'll be waiting until next year. Ialready have a lil bit of heat damage in the very front of my hair ("bang" area), and I'm not trying to get any more at this stage of the game. I will probbaly either wear my hair curly 100% of the time or heat train and wear it straight 100% of the time. All or nothing. So "im holding out until I make that choice.

lp318lp

@lp318lp
I'm trying not to flat iron myhair until the end of the year, and that's only if I make APL. If I don't, I'll be waiting until next year. Ialready have a lil bit of heat damage in the very front of my hair ("bang" area), and I'm not trying to get any more at this stage of the game. I will probbaly either wear my hair curly 100% of the time or heat train and wear it straight 100% of the time. All or nothing. So "im holding out until I make that choice.

MyAngelEyez~C~U : Oohh... good point.

NikkiQ

Haven't flat ironed my whole head since April and I immediately washed my hair. Talk about a frikkin disaster. No more heat until Christmas or so.

Esthi777

lp318lp I don't flat iron my hair on a regular. I actually haven't used direct heat (only hot rollers occasionally) for almost a year and a half. I needed to do a length check and flat iron that one time. Talk about scurred!! I DC'd forever with AOHR, put a serum in, let it aridry most of the way and finished with Chi Iron guard and blowdried the rest on the cool setting. I then used the flat iron on the lowests of settings possible (275 and 300, me thinks?). Heat is not my friend and I won't be visiting her until my next length check in July 2012. If I want to wear my hair stretched, I usually wet wrap and sit under the dryer or air dry. If I need a bump, I'll put rollers in for an hour. I want to revisit roller setting but I just don't have the time or patience for that AND I don't know what to do with it after I roller set :look:. What do you guys do? Do you roll it back up at night or what?

lp318lp

@lp318lp I don't flat iron my hair on a regular. I actually haven't used direct heat (only hot rollers occasionally) for almost a year and a half. I needed to do a length check and flat iron that one time. Talk about scurred!! I DC'd forever with AOHR, put a serum in, let it aridry most of the way and finished with Chi Iron guard and blowdried the rest on the cool setting. I then used the flat iron on the lowests of settings possible (275 and 300, me thinks?). Heat is not my friend and I won't be visiting her until my next length check in July 2012. If I want to wear my hair stretched, I usually wet wrap and sit under the dryer or air dry. If I need a bump, I'll put rollers in for an hour. I want to revisit roller setting but I just don't have the time or patience for that AND I don't know what to do with it after I roller set :look:. What do you guys do? Do you roll it back up at night or what?

I hear ya'! I am terrified about flat-ironing my hair because although my hair can handle heat, that type of heat has not hit my head for a number of YEARS... I'm thinking about doing a length check in December 2011. Thanks for the update and point of clarification! :yep:

Esthi777

lp318lp You're welcome! I wish my hair could handle heat. It's so delicate and fragile. Before I found LHCF, I was blowfrying and flat ironing everyday! I had little broken pieces of hair everywhere! My clothes, my pillow and my sink. It was so sad. It's no wonder my hair didn't just say "I give up" and walk right off of my head..:nono: Yeah, if your hair can handle heat then maybe just the once in December will be fine?

lp318lp

@lp318lp You're welcome! I wish my hair could handle heat. It's so delicate and fragile. Before I found LHCF, I was blowfrying and flat ironing everyday! I had little broken pieces of hair everywhere! My clothes, my pillow and my sink. It was so sad. It's no wonder my hair didn't just say "I give up" and walk right off of my head..:nono: Yeah, if your hair can handle heat then maybe just the once in December will be fine?

Esthi777 - You are SO funny! :lachen: I'm still scared to add heat to her... she's so tempermental... I may decide against it when December arrives, but getting a quality flat iron costs, and my DH and I are on a shoestring budget. I'd have to really save up for an Izunami or a Chi...

Esthi777

lp318lp Girl, I wished you lived close. I'd let you borrow mine. Do you have a good friend who has a quality flat iron? What about wet wrapping? That get's my hair pretty straight. The only thing is that it tends to lean to one side and I don't like that but it can give you an idea of where you're at length wise. What's your goal for December?

choconillaprincess

Hey I might give this a try! I always have trouble getting even distribution with my eco styler...

My check in: I have gotten some notable growth this month... Using megatek... But I dont know if this is average growth or from the mt because last month before I started using mt I hour a half inch if growth... And this month I hour half an inch... Guess it doesn't matter growth is growth

Sprinkl3s

Hi Ladies,

Sorry Ive been MIA. Ive been a little down about my hair. I see a whole bunch of splits and knots and I think I'm going to have to make a big cut.

Plus I'm deathly afraid of straightening my hair oh well, I just have to remain calm and stay focused. I have a goal to reach.

Sprinkl3s

I hope you guys don't mind.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using HTC Glacier

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1313717062888.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1313717062888.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 54
  • uploadfromtaptalk1313717102371.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1313717102371.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 53
  • uploadfromtaptalk1313717175892.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1313717175892.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 53

lp318lp

@lp318lp Girl, I wished you lived close. I'd let you borrow mine. Do you have a good friend who has a quality flat iron? What about wet wrapping? That get's my hair pretty straight. The only thing is that it tends to lean to one side and I don't like that but it can give you an idea of where you're at length wise. What's your goal for December?

Esthi777 - Awww... you are too sweet! :hug2: By December, I'm hoping that the back of my hair and upper back section of my hair grows to NL. It's so weird how my hair looks, but the back sides of my hair are already at NL... I just don't know what to do. I'm praying that in December I will have good growth. Since I have fine hair, things can look really funky back there, but I'm still optimistic!! :yep:

Celies and wigs during the week and puffs and wash n gos on weekends. I can't wait til it's long enough to do some different PS's that I've been seeing.

NikkiQ - I hear ya', sis! I can't wait to do some creative PS's with my hair too! I'm really keeping my reggie simple, and low manipulation so... we'll see... What are "celies?"

Hi Ladies,

Sorry Ive been MIA. Ive been a little down about my hair. I see a whole bunch of splits and knots and I think I'm going to have to make a big cut.

Plus I'm deathly afraid of straightening my hair oh well, I just have to remain calm and stay focused. I have a goal to reach.

Sprinkl3s - Girl, you betta stop that right now
:naughty::hand:!! Your hair is just :lick:! Any day you feel like trading heads, just holla at me! You'll be at your goal in no time!

NikkiQ

^^^Celies are just random "plaits"/braids like Celie from "The Color Purple" wore lol. They aren't that neat and organized like box braids, but they get the job done.

MyAngelEyez~C~U

I'm on a mad hunt to find Keracare Creme Press...I think I might go ahead and straighten my hair for a true length check...I hate living in Oklahoma, it's like murder trying to find hair products most of the time, and I end up having to order online. I wish I lived in New York....

SunnyHoney

I've been M.I.A. for the WHOLE month of August! Had family in town, and work's been busy! But I'm back now, whew!

I'm so impressed with the progress you've all been having seeing. These pics y'all posted are AMAZING!!! :yep:

Thanks for the encouragement, @SunnyHoney!! I am an actress, singer, and dancer. I have only been doing this for almost four years now (check out my website www.cdkolheim.com :yep:). But in between shows, I have to find additional means of income, so now I also work for an airline company. The benefits include flying for free!! So if I whenever I have to run off to NYC or LA for an audition, I just hop on a flight, do my audition, and head back to work! What I do now is crew tracking/crew scheduling, but I just finished the classroom and observation training portion, and am about to start the on-the-job training portion of my 6-week training program (that's a lot of "training", eh?).

lp318lp, You are SO beautiful and talented, WOW! Thanks for sharing your site. You're truly gifted, sis! Hey next time you're in the SF area w let's meet for lunch!

Update: I straightened my hair last week for an event, and loved it! I'm gonna go ahead and claim APL now. Question about BSL measuring: do you use the top, mid, or bottom of the bra strap to measure it?

My hair looked healthy and full, but I'm so afraid of wearing it straight for fear of heat damage, breakage, and split ends, so I washed it back to curly last night.

I've been shampooing with Shikakai Soap exclusively. Hate the smell, love the feel.

Esthi777

Checking in for the week. I purchased a Denman brush, Shea Moisture curl enhancing smoothie and yes, I bought the big tube of Ms. Jessie's Quick Curls *rolling my eyes*. If that $32 tube of cream doesn't work, I'm taking it back! I am on a mission to control this frizz on my crown. By the time I do a perfect wash n go, it will be the end if summer...Lord!! I'll let you ladies know how it goes and post pics.

MyAngelEyez~C~U

Haven't been able to get the Keracare cream press, so I won't be straightening any time soon...I don't need to anyway. I just get impatient, wanting to see my progress.