FROM BC TO WAIST LENGTH! Natural growth and health CHALLENGE.

lp318lp

I took this pic yesterday before using a new cleansing product: Hair One (for curly hair). I may have left it in too long because my scalp started itching and felt funny after washing it out.

I moisturized and sealed with what was left of my 14-n-1 Hawaiian Silky. I'm going to try the Long Term Relationship by Herbal Essences. I've seen videos and read good things about it.

Anyway, here is a pic!

Sent from my Desire HD using Desire HD

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1314037467365.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1314037467365.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 32

Esthi777

^^^ You Grow Girl!! Looking good!

Guess what y'all? After spending a TON of money on products to combat my frizz (none of which worked, mind you) I found out I have low porosity hair. This is why nothing is working :-/ This is also why my hair loves sulfate shampoos. I noticed that after I shampoo and condition, my hair feels great. SO, I will be sitting under my dryer to DC now. Because, I am an esthetician, I already have 3 steamers!!! Ugh! And to think I only ever used them for facials... I'll keep you guys posted. I am determined to get rid of this frizz!

SunnyHoney

Haven't been able to get the Keracare cream press, so I won't be straightening any time soon...I don't need to anyway. I just get impatient, wanting to see my progress.

Hmmmm, tell me more about this cream press.....:lick: Is it a heat-protectant? Anti-humectant? I only straighten rarely, but still trying to get my regi together for when I do.

I took this pic yesterday before using a new cleansing product: Hair One (for curly hair). I may have left it in too long because my scalp started itching and felt funny after washing it out.

I moisturized and sealed with what was left of my 14-n-1 Hawaiian Silky. I'm going to try the Long Term Relationship by Herbal Essences. I've seen videos and read good things about it.

Anyway, here is a pic!

Sent from my Desire HD using Desire HD

Way to go! :grin:

^^^ You Grow Girl!! Looking good!

Guess what y'all? After spending a TON of money on products to combat my frizz (none of which worked, mind you) I found out I have low porosity hair. This is why nothing is working :-/ This is also why my hair loves sulfate shampoos. I noticed that after I shampoo and condition, my hair feels great. SO, I will be sitting under my dryer to DC now. Because, I am an esthetician, I already have 3 steamers!!! Ugh! And to think I only ever used them for facials... I'll keep you guys posted. I am determined to get rid of this frizz!

low porosity, huh? *going to Google* So that's the cause of your frizz? *wondering if my own is porous* Man, I'm learning so much here! I love it!

MyAngelEyez~C~U

Hmmmm, tell me more about this cream press.....:lick: Is it a heat-protectant? Anti-humectant? I only straighten rarely, but still trying to get my regi together for when I do.

SunnyHoney"Avlon KeraCare Creme Press repels moisture to sustain longer lasting presses. Resists reversion on humid days. Contains a blend of natural light oils. Shields hair from thermal heat damage. Does not smoke. Benefits: Gives hair a silky straight press. Hair stays straight longer than normal. Imparts a natural-looking sheen. Prevents dry, dull, brittle hair Directions: Rub a small amount between palms of hands. Distribute evenly on damp or dry hair from root to ends. Straighten with desired straightening tools. Apply more creme press in moderation as needed."

I went ahead and ordered online, so I'll give a review of it when I try it out, LOL.

Esthi777

UPDATE! I DCd and steamed my hair with ORS replenishing pak. My hair loved the DC with the hooded dryer and not so much with the steamer which I found interesting. My curls definitely loved the DC. I still had frizz at the crown but not as much as I usually get. Here are pics. Can you see my frizzy crown in the last pic? LOL! My plan is to go to bed with Hawaiian Silky saturated at the crown and that might just do the trick. Notice the range of curls in my head. From 2a (in the back, front and sides) to 4a (I think) at my crown:wallbash:

ETA: SunnyHoney Google is a great place to find out if you have porosity issues. I will now be treating my hair according to my porosity rather than hair type:yep:

Attachments

• curly1.jpg
    curly1.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 42
  • curly2.jpg
    curly2.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 44
  • curly3.jpg
    curly3.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

Stepiphanie

Hi Ladies :hiya:

Haven't updated much at all, but I put braids in my hair shortly after the thread was revived. I will be taking braids out soon and will update. KUGW!

SunnyHoney

Thanks for the info AngelEyez!

I'm currently using Mizani heat protectant and I think it is actually contributing to heat-training which I absolutely don't want to do. My hair gets silky straight with it, but then it takes at least 5 shampoos to get it off and get my hair to revert, and even then it seems to never fully revert.

I'm looking forward to your review of the cream press!!!

lp318lp

I'm on a mad hunt to find Keracare Creme Press...I think I might go ahead and straighten my hair for a true length check...I hate living in Oklahoma, it's like murder trying to find hair products most of the time, and I end up having to order online. I wish I lived in New York....

MyAngelEyez~C~U : When I was natural (a few years back) and during a stink of relaxed moments, I used the Keracare Creme Press, and it was THE BOMB!!! I helped me to maintain a sleeker look and never caked up. You will not be disappointed with it. It can, however, be a bit addicting... :yep:

@lp318lp, You are SO beautiful and talented, WOW! Thanks for sharing your site. You're truly gifted, sis! Hey next time you're in the SF area w let's meet for lunch!

SunnyHoney : Thanks for the compliment, sis! Next time I'm in the SF area, I will definitely let you know!! :yay:

^^^ You Grow Girl!! Looking good!!

Esthi777 : Thanks, girl! Slowly, but surely...
Hi Ladies :hiya:

Haven't updated much at all, but I put braids in my hair shortly after the thread was revived. I will be taking braids out soon and will update. KUGW!

Stepiphanie : Can't wait!!! :drunk:

UPDATE! I DCd and steamed my hair with ORS replenishing pak. My hair loved the DC with the hooded dryer and not so much with the steamer which I found interesting. My curls definitely loved the DC. I still had frizz at the crown but not as much as I usually get. Here are pics. Can you see my frizzy crown in the last pic? LOL! My plan is to go to bed with Hawaiian Silky saturated at the crown and that might just do the trick. Notice the range of curls in my head. From 2a (in the back, front and sides) to 4a (I think) at my crown:wallbash:

ETA: @SunnyHoney Google is a great place to find out if you have porosity issues. I will now be treating my hair according to my porosity rather than hair type:yep:

Esthi777 : Glad to see that you are discovering what your hair loves and hates! I had the same hair-piphany too!

Decided it was time to change things up, and after a lot of reading and research, I realized that I was using too many protein-based products. So I am changing it up a bit more. I changed my moisturizer from Hawaiian Silky 14-in-1 (not protein-based), to the Herbal Essences Long-term Relationship Split End Protector and the Africa's Best Oil Moisturier, and I changed my shampoo from Aphogee Deep Moisture Shampoo to Hair One. As I may have mentioned before, I think I left the Hair One on my head too long last weekend, but this weekend plan on just leaving it on for no more than 45 mins as a DC. My hair LOVED the two new moisturizers, y'all!! :bouncy: I also use my MN and seal with either Hair Growth Oil or my Haitian L'Huil Maskreti Castor Oil. My hair feels SO soft, and has a certain type of "slip" to it... (don't worry, I don't use all these at once, I do alternate)! :laugh:

As for hair porosity, I think you're on to something Esthi777. I don't really know my hair type, but am looking into learning more about my hair's porosity.

me~:rolleyes:

NikkiQ

6 months natural now ladies!!! I attempted to do a bantu knot out with the Naturalista Cosmetics juicy leave in...that mess is going in the garbage. UGH! It was a hot mess when I took it down this morning.

MyAngelEyez~C~U

I did a blowout, but had to rush to the ER behind my brother n some drama. Loved the Bentonite clay treatment! hair feels very nice. I may straighten my hair when I wake up later today...
my blow-out:

MyAngelEyez~C~U

Hair looks so soft and thick MyAngelEyez~C~U!!!

OT: I hope your brother is okay :bighug:

NikkiQ, thank you! My brother is okay, just a bit sore, but he'll be fine. He got in a fight with his ex-wife's hubby during a visitation drop off. the ex's hubby started it, but my bro finished it. Dislocated his shuolder in the process though.

I love how the Keracare Creme Press made my hair feel, soft and not heavy, even though I used a good amount. I think I'll flat-iron it later today, rockin' two banded pigtails at the moment.

KaramelDiva1978

I'm so glad your brother is doing well! But I LOVE YOUR HAIR!!!! :love: OMG, I cannot wait to see my progress and I hope its close to yours. What a difference a year makes, your hair looks amazing! :yep::yep:

The blowout, the press, it's perfect!! Has your regimen changed much? Have you just found what works for your hair and you're doing it? I've been so lazy with my hair lately between working two jobs and the kids in school. But this is my motivation to get back on track. Thank you lady!

I did a blowout, but had to rush to the ER behind my brother n some drama. Loved the Bentonite clay treatment! hair feels very nice. I may straighten my hair when I wake up later today...
my blow-out:

:grin: Lord, I hope I don't have heat damage, :look: I love it though, much fuller than my relaxed hair ever was :yep:

KaramelDiva1978

Due to my super, super crazy, busy hectic life, I've neglected posting and somewhat my hair. I've been co-washing every other week instead of weekly and even every two weeks sometimes. My last detangling session was a BEASTand I vowed never to neglect the frequent detangling process again.

So here's some progress over the last few months and I even missed posting on my one year big chop anniversary in May. :sad: Forgive me, blame my head not my heart. :yep: The only real consistency is keeping it moisturized because my hair loves all things SheaMoisture :love: related and I love the price and the ease in finding it. We have a great relationship. I will straighten in October. It will be one year from my last straightening session and heat use.

Enjoy!

The dates are chronological: March 23, April 14, June 16 and August 13. For some reason I thought I had more pics. Oh yeah, more to upload from my phone. But I can say that it's growing!

Attachments

• 256.jpg
    256.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 298.jpg
    298.jpg
    301.4 KB · Views: 44
  • 404.jpg
    404.jpg
    303.5 KB · Views: 47
  • 460.jpg
    460.jpg
    383.9 KB · Views: 43

MyAngelEyez~C~U

I'm so glad your brother is doing well! But I LOVE YOUR HAIR!!!! :love: OMG, I cannot wait to see my progress and I hope its close to yours. What a difference a year makes, your hair looks amazing! :yep::yep:

The blowout, the press, it's perfect!! Has your regimen changed much? Have you just found what works for your hair and you're doing it? I've been so lazy with my hair lately between working two jobs and the kids in school. But this is my motivation to get back on track. Thank you lady!
KaramelDiva1978
Thank you! I've narrowed it down to a few basic products that work for me:

Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture Conditioner mixed with EVOO n Honey
Neutregena Clean Shampoo
Moisturizing spritz of Water, glycerin. and (if I have it) aloe Vera Juice
Henna for color
Bentonite clay mixed with aloe vera Juice for cleansing (did this before my blow out.flat iron)
Ecostyler Gel (pink, olive oil, or blue) for wash n go's and puffs
Keracare Creme Press (so far I love it, we'll see how I like it when I wash this press out :look:)

I mostly cowash during the week, and do wash n go's or puffs. I don't use heat often (4th time this year), and I spray my hair daily with my water/glycerin spritz. This will be the first time I've attempted to wear straight hair past 1 day, so I'll see how I do wrapping it and using QB Amla and Olive heavy cream as a moisturizer. I'm gonna attempt to keep it like this for at least a week.

Evallusion

LiloLombardi
Gorgeous hair pics ladies!

As for self, I'm still hanging in there. I'm still wiggin' it with Chelsea (avatar pic). I just ordered 3 new wigs which are delayed due to Miss Irene. I'll post up once I get them.

As for my real hair, its still cornrowed staight back (my skills are great now but I'm still working on the parting though, lol). I can't post any pics because I'm in the HYH challenge but I am taking them. You guys can see them on New Year's Day. My treat, lol.

I'm going through a phase with my hair in which I just can't stand to look at it...whenever its loose, I get the urge to CUT CUT CUT. So I'm guessing wiggin' is the way to go for now. I don't think I'll be happy with my length until I'm Full SL/CBL...and trust and believe, I have a WAYS TO GO before I get there.

Over and out...

MyAngelEyez~C~U

Okay guys, I washed my hair yesterday, and my curls are not as curly as they used to be:cry::cry::cry:

I'm not gonna call it permanent yet. I'll try a protien treatment to see if it helps, but my wash n go days may be over:sad: My puff looks fine, it's really only noticeable when my hair is wet. I'm sad. But I knew it was a risk with my hair (it's easily "trained"). I have thought about heat-training in a year or two once my hair got to a certain length, but I wasn't ready to do it yet. I shoulda followed my first instinct to stay away from heat until I was ready. But oh well.

Up side is my hair is softer and seems to hold moisture better (how weird is that?). No increase in breakage or anything.

I do think that Keracare Creme press is good for flat-ironing and is good at keeping the press from reverting, but if you use it, use a nother heat protectant with it. I'll continue to use it for straightening my hair in the future (sometime next year).

Side note, I did a bentonite clay treatment prior to flat-ironing, and I noticed that my curls were relaxed then when I rinsed, but that would have been temporary.

lilyofthenile

Definitely do a series of protein treatments. I blew out my hair before and it took some time before my curls were back to normal. Fingers crossed.

SunnyHoney

Okay guys, I washed my hair yesterday, and my curls are not as curly as they used to be:cry::cry::cry:

I'm not gonna call it permanent yet.

MyAngelEyez~C~U, did you use a clarifying shampoo, as opposed to just a regular shampoo? I have easily-trained hair too, and I'm kicking myself for straightening as often as I do. But the reversion I do manage to get comes when I use a clarifying shampoo because it strips off any heat-protect and anti-humectants that coated the strands. Sometimes it's more a matter of the coating keeping the hair from reverting than actual heat training. Give it a try. I'll be hoping the best for you. I feel your pain! Hugs!:bighug:

MyAngelEyez~C~U

@MyAngelEyez~C~U, did you use a clarifying shampoo, as opposed to just a regular shampoo? I have easily-trained hair too, and I'm kicking myself for straightening as often as I do. But the reversion I do manage to get comes when I use a clarifying shampoo because it strips off any heat-protect and anti-humectants that coated the strands. Sometimes it's more a matter of the coating keeping the hair from reverting than actual heat training. Give it a try. I'll be hoping the best for you. I feel your pain! Hugs!:bighug:

Thank you! Yes, I did use a clarifying shampoo, but I'll do another wash this evening, because it feels like my hair has reverted more. I'm hoping for the best:yep:.

pookaloo83

I wonder if the OP of this thread is ok.

I think I may put mini twists in my hair next week. I need to start PS'ing more.