Gorilla Glue-Gate. Yall....

CarefreeinChicago

I'm watching Kev's video right now. For the love of G-d.

The look the doctor is giving just says THEE Nigaudacity!

Ya'll remember how folks was saying 40 was too old to do this? This dude is two quarters if he a day.
I am not going to mention the girl who used gorilla glue as wax for her pocket book :lachen:

Tefnut

I am not going to mention the girl who used gorilla glue as wax for her pocket book :lachen:
Didn't hear about that but saw a woman -- 34 -- who permed her pubic hair because it was ... "nappy." She put the relaxer on her pubic hair, fell asleep, and left it on overnight. Woke up and her hair was gone and so was some of the skin. Went to the doctor and had to wear a diaper. She said she does it all of the time.

Last edited:

Black Ambrosia

I didn't watch her video or contribute to her go fund me because I knew in my gut she was the kinda person to not learn the lesson. I can't be out here more concerned about her wellbeing than her. She's gonna blow that $20k in the next 3 weeks. If she spends it on a car it'll be the best option she can access. She ain't paying past due bills, going back to school, or investing.

cocosweet

Didn't hear about that but saw a woman -- 34 -- who permed her pubic hair because it was ... "nappy." She put the relaxer on her pubic hair, fell asleep, and left it on overnight. Woke up and her hair was gone and so was some of the skin. Went to the doctor and had to wear a diaper. She said she does it all of the time.

I would say she dumb as a box of rocks but, why insult the rock community?
She lucky she still got a kitty.

Last edited:

naturalgyrl5199

I’m amazed. Dr Obeng did THAT.

This chick is so ignorant, that she doesn’t even understand the miracle it is to still have some hair on her head. All she’s talking about is she shouldn’t have cut her ponytail, it’s so short, my baby hairs are gone.

And then they asked if she is going to take a break from styling for a while, and she’s like “No. I need my hair done!”. This fool is about to go right to Walmart and get a new bottle of g2b glued spray. I am tired of her now.
His cousin is also a chemistry guru who attended an HBCU and has a hair and skin care line. She is in a FB group with me. I follow her on IG. Their family really is Black Excellence.

Platinum

People do crazy things all the time for the sake of beauty... A few years ago, weren't we using Monistat, hanging our heads upside down to promote hair growth? Milk of magnesia as a make up primer? Reports of people using super glue to make their lashes stay in place recently? I think we just assume that we can repurpose products for the sake of beauty and for the most part it works out... we generally consider short term beauty over long term health.

It seems likely that she saw it was gorilla glue and knew that it wasn't originally meant for hair, but thought she could get away with it as a finishing product to hold her style. The entire thing is sad.

I haven't been back to this thread in a few days so I haven't read the rest of the comments. There's a difference between using an anti-fungal cream on the scalp vs an industrial strength adhesive on hair. Thats like comparing apples and oranges. It's just not the same. I have absolutely no sympathy for a 40 year old woman who decided to use GLUE spray on her hair. When she realized that she was out of hair spray, you mean to tell me that she couldn't run down to the nearest BSS, Family Dollar, Walmart, or grocery store to buy some? Or perhaps just skip a day or using spray all together?

I'm an over the road truck driver (21 years) and I'm on the road for weeks, sometimes a month or more at a time. I've wanted to retwist my hair while I'm away from home and may have realized that I dont have any loc'ing gel. I'll go to the store and buy the product that I need or wait until I have another chance to do my hair. There's no way I would use Gorilla Glue, Superglue, wood glue, JB Weld adhesive, or any other glue that I have readily available in my truck as a substitute.

I'm glad she was able to finally get that stuff out of her hair and I hope she doesn't suffer any permanent hair loss.

Black Ambrosia