Gorilla Glue-Gate. Yall....

TrulyBlessed

She. Still. Has. Hair?

They are magicians

Right?! She keeps stressing about not being able to put her hair in a ponytail in the back. She needs to count her blessings and be happy she didn’t come out with no hair and totally damaged follicles.

The plastic surgeon is black too, love to see it! Everyone was so kind and gentle with her.

Last edited:

snoop

I can't believe that she has hair. I wonder if it will stay on her head. I'm happy for her, though.

I wish he didn't disclose his recipe. I feel like it might encourage people to try similar foolishness because they can dupe the hair removal solution at home.

Ivonnovi

As someone who both does hair and is VERY TENDERHEADED, I must say that: It warmed my heart so to see the level of "care" they took while removing the product.

I could tell that they were as concerned about the health of her scalp and ego as they were about getting the product out of her hair.
From what I've seen of most in the medical field, they often find it easier to just "cut it all off" or down to nothing, and call it a day.

Lute

I can't believe that she has hair. I wonder if it will stay on her head. I'm happy for her, though.

I wish he didn't disclose his recipe. I feel like it might encourage people to try similar foolishness because they can dupe the hair removal solution at home.

I would assume getting medical grade adhesive is hard to get. The Doctor said something very interesting. He asked "Why doesn't the company have a recipe to reverse this process"

snoop

I would assume getting medical grade adhesive is hard to get. The Doctor said something very interesting. He asked "Why doesn't the company have a recipe to reverse this process"

Maybe it's possible that they have some sort of non-FDA approved solution for their workers? If that's the case they probably wouldn't want to be held liable for helping her out and creating a bigger mess.

Ivonnovi

I too thought and hoped this was a hoax. HOWEVER, now that I think about it, back in the 90's if you didn't watch closely beauticians would glue tracks of hair to your head with a glue that wasn't meant for the job. I remembered (flashed back) to having a blonde track so affixed that later I noticed I had a track of new-growth in the very spot the blond track had been affixed to my hair.

ETA: Heck Glue gate'ish activites also went on in the Lash industry. Folks used hair glue on their clients lashes....so.....

So I guess it's not so far fetched that someone did it to themselves. :bangdesk:

Here's a video made in 2017 that recounts someone using Superglue on Havanna Twists install......

Last edited:

Theresamonet

I’m amazed. Dr Obeng did THAT.

This chick is so ignorant, that she doesn’t even understand the miracle it is to still have some hair on her head. All she’s talking about is she shouldn’t have cut her ponytail, it’s so short, my baby hairs are gone.

And then they asked if she is going to take a break from styling for a while, and she’s like “No. I need my hair done!”. This fool is about to go right to Walmart and get a new bottle of g2b glued spray. I am tired of her now.

cocosweet

I’m amazed. Dr Obeng did THAT.

This chick is so ignorant, that she doesn’t even understand the miracle it is to still have some hair on her head. All she’s talking about is she shouldn’t have cut her ponytail, it’s so short, my baby hairs are gone.

And then they asked if she is going to take a break from styling for a while, and she’s like “No. I need my hair done!”. This fool is about to go right to Walmart and get a new bottle of g2b glued spray. I am tired of her now.
She ain't the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I did think she would at least leave her hair alone for a few weeks. Good grief.

Neomorph

Dr. Obeng is amazing!

This is just more proof that we need more black doctors in all specialties! That care for her dignity by trying to save as much hair as possible could've only been done by a black doctor.

But the chick....I'm losing sympathy. She should let her scalp heal and her rest, but she's so focused on getting her hair done. Like she really doesn't understand how close she could've been from being bald with permanently damaged follicles...and she's worried about getting it styled for Valentine's day. SMH

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
I'm happy she was able to get the glue out of her hair and that there doesn't seem to be more than general inflammation. And ole girl still has no idea how lucky she is. Like somebody said G-d looks after babies and fools cuz maynnnnn.

Funny enough I didn't see nan crinkle of new growth. That's interesting.

Last edited:

LiLi

cocosweet

View attachment 469139

lmao...

Folks mad now cause she made over 20k on gofundme, but the good Dr. didn’t charge her and she still has hair. She just got a financial windfall for being unbelievably stupid.
What a time to be alive.

I don't think she could have predicted that a plastic surgeon would offer up his services for free, but I ain't mad. I didn't contribute. I hope she makes good use of the money. That's probably asking a lot, though.

Last edited:

Crackers Phinn

View attachment 469139

lmao...

Folks mad now cause she made over 20k on gofundme, but the good Dr. didn’t charge her and she still has hair. She just got a financial windfall for being unbelievably stupid.
I call foul on this. It is rare that I ever contribute to anybody's too bad so sad gofundme story. Like real REAL rare but when I do I look at that money as spent. The folks on the other end of it can use it for the written purpose or pop bottles but I consider it no longer my money once given. Which is exactly why I don't contribute often.

Gofundme ain't new. A lot of people pull in more than they ask for and that money can be used at their own discretion. Don't give if you want your dollars spent exactly how you pictured it in your head being spent.

Crackers Phinn

Did y’all see the guy who used the gorilla glue and glued the solo cup to his lips :lachen: Kev on stage posted him
I'm watching Kev's video right now. For the love of G-d.

The look the doctor is giving just says THEE Nigaudacity!

Ya'll remember how folks was saying 40 was too old to do this? This dude is two quarters if he a day.