Grow out challenge!

luvhair

Beauty and Fashion Junkie
Well I am about 5 to 6 inches away from my goal length and I am getting really impatient!! So I was inspired by Den1 to challenge myself to declare all out war on my hair. I am gonna take my vitamins onsistently, oil my extremely dry scalp daily with castor, drink an insane amount of water, exercise, and begin a high protein (and low carb because i need to lose weight) diet. I am hoping to get six inches by September 1st. Is that asking for the impossible?

If anyone would like to challenge themselves as well, just to have something to do during the summer, please reply and join! We can support each other!

Nessa

Yes I am in. I am trying to grow my chin lenght to shoulder lenght by the end of this year. I know Den1 she is my friend and all. We chat email all that stuff. WHat you just said is exactly what I am gonna do. I am gettin impatient too. It takes like years. But know I can't take vitamins. But I am going to use Castor always cause I heard it promotes growth. And exercise more. And drink water like I am a straight down fool.Plus it really doesn't matter about protein I eat alot of that almost everyday. Thank You for posting this topic. I am gonna try to reach my goal.

pebbles

Hi luvhair,

We started a 365 day challenge in November (I think?). There was also another challenge started before that. I think this would be a good way to re-commit to the challenge because I will admit that I have slacked off a bit,
so I accept the challenge. I have a long way to go to reach my goal, but I'm committed to trying my best.

C

Cami

Hey, I'm doing the 365 day challenge also-it started for me Mar 15, 2003. I'm for the challenge also...how long is this one?

Kaela

What I'm doing this summer is more of a mini-challenge. I tried to do a full year challenge before, and I dropped out after a few months. So this time going to try to go for this summer and see what I accomplish, one month at a time.

To avoid driving my self
I'm not going to use length as a progress indicator, but the overall condition of my hair, edges, and ends because thats actually more important to me, and once I achieve that, I know that length will follow. After reading Tracy's post on color boot-camp I'm going to try a conditioning regime very similar, and work w/ simple styles.

In addition to haircare, I'm working out, and getting a handle on my diet more, and I'm already seeing some results from that. So its kind of a full-body challenge, only low pressure since I'm doing it at my own pace.

I wish myself and you all luck!!

Nanyanika

Hello Luvhair,
I'm on a hair growth challenge with JazzAngel, were aiming to achieve 2 inches of growth in a month. I started training at the gym lastThursday. I'm also attempting a high protein/low carb diet, because my hair grow's out faster, plus I need to lose weight so, why not kill two birds with one stone. !!!!Good luck. Please post you're results soon

luvhair

Beauty and Fashion Junkie
I thought that the 365 day challenge was for no heat only? I didn't know what it was-- thanks pebbles for letting me know!

Nessa- I am glad you are joining me!!

Kaela-- Thats what I was thinking too-- i don't think I could last a year so since I am gonna have all this extra time I think I am going to just do it for the summer. can you tell me more about this conditioning regime?

Den1-- I need to lose weight too so I wanna change my eating habits as well. Wow-- if i could get 2 inches in a month I think I would cry of happiness.

I am also gonna keep a journal so I can keep track of my progress-- I'll post my results every month or so! Good luck to everyone!

Bronxbaby87

I'm in too. i really need to get my hair to bra legnth and longer as soon as possible and i'm really getting impatient now. i have biotin and amino acids and im about to buy MSM and i am going to excersise by running every night. i dont drink soda, but i drink alot of juice, i am going to stop that and drink straight water and eat ALOT of protein. i have braids now but once i take them out i will do everything i can to have my hair in great shape. i am definately in i am going to challenge myself as much as i can.

Mamamia

I'm definitely in!! I haven't started on a vitamin yet because I don't know the best one to take. I have been drinking more water though, but I think with support I won't slack off.

Armyqt

AAAHH what the heck, I'm in too. When does this challenge end? My goal will be to get to the bottom of bra-strap by August. I'm currently at 22 inches. Top of brastrap is 24 and bottom is 25. That gives me about three months, so I'm looking to get an inch per month.

I've been pretty good with my vitamins, but I'm gonna start doing split dosages with my MSM, B-5 and Vitol great hair.

I will consume more water.

I currently work out about 5 times per week.

I wash every 2 days or so.

I'll keep doing my hotoil treatments and using my s-curl. However, I've recently purchased some hair grease for the length of the hair to seal in moisture. Hoping to retain more growth this way.

OK ladies, I'm ready. Hopefully these few thing will get me an inch a month.

GOOD LUCK Everyone

Forgot to add: I concocted a scalp lotion that I will be applying every two days. It contains castor oil, shea butter rosemary and peppermint EO and Eqyss Megatek.

Kaela

If you would like a vitamin to start out w/, I really like GNC Women's Ultra-Mega. Its a good multi, and it doesn't upset your stomach (be sure to take it with a meal though!).

You can add MSM, evening primrose, and biotin, and thats a start!

Paris Belle

I'm in! I need to drink more water and exercise and eat healthy for my health anyway!!

I need to grow almost 10" (to waistlength) and I'm a few inches from bra-strap. I hope to be there by next summer (the beginning) or the end the latest.

I need to repurchase more vitamins and I need to dedicate myself to more washes (at least twice a week) and more airdrying and braid outs. I plan to start more fully after school is over at the end of the month...But I plan to keep up my regime now and improve on the protective styles until then..

EmeraldSky

Great idea. I'm in!
I got a trim recently so to reach my hair goal I'd have to grow about 5 inches in front and 4 inches in the back. Since the trim my hair is an inch from bra strap in the back and almost to armpit length in the front. I'm hoping to reach this goal by September.

elite_chiq

Im in. I want end of bra strp (mid back on me). I have 9inches to go
i want to gan that by the end of the yr
(there i go dreaming again!!)

I am going to start my regime June 1st

Vits-Bargello type regime

Lots of water (i usually drink 2letres a day but ive being slacking)

Eat healthier

Work out every other day..dance/play b-ball everyday
keep end moist...ect

yall get the picture

TinyT

I am in. I chopped in jan 2003, and my hair has been growing like wild fire. It looks like a short little fro, but stretched, so parts are 3-3 1/2 inches. I love the curly fro, but I can't wait to be able to make an afro puff. I am faithful to my vitamins, and my diet is high in protein, but I need to exercise , and cut down my dr pepper intake to 1 per week.

Tracy

zoya_j

Tracy my hair is 3-4 inches too and I'm trying to make it to the afro puff. I feel as if this length is the hardest because it's the in between stage. I couldn't deal with it, so I got a weave.

Slowly, but surely

H

HoneyRockette

That sounds like a good idea. I am DYING to get back to shoulder length, which is 5 inches away. If I can just make it to shoulder length, then the rest of my grow out will be gravy. I would like to do the challenge, but I have a feeling I am going to fall off. Aww heck! Count me in anyway. If I can do it for at least a month, provided that will put me one inch closer to my goal, it will have been worth it.

Kiadodie

Yes, I'm in
I'm taking a picture of my hair at the end of every month to see the progress. I want it eventually to be at my shoulder blades. I'll keep y'all posted

ny2atl

I'm in too!!!! I guess I started my challenge about 2 months ago but haven't been monitoring progress. I guess I've been trying NOT to obsess about my growth so I don't think too hard about it.

Last night I saw 3 girls in a restaurant with BEAUTIFUL hair. 2 had bra strap length and the 3rd was a couple of inches below bra strap. That was so inspiring to see. I just love it!!

I guess I need to measure a second time so that I can start to monitor my progress huh?

Lindy

Count me in!!

I'm currently about 3 inches from brastrap, but I'm getting a touchup and trim on Thursday so this is subject to change by the end of the week

My goal is to reach top of brastrap by my b-day (in November).

Good Luck everyone!!

HOTCHOCOLATE

Add my name to the list. I also want to reach my hair goal by my b-day (November Girl also
). But I would like at least 4 more inches by the end of July(mini goal). I'm at week 12 post retouch, I hope I can last 1 more month. I've been good with my vitamins, but I need to improve on my water and exercise.

Drea84

Yay this will be inspiration for me to grow two inches minimum by September. Being that I grow a half an inch a month. Its always easier when there are others here to support

keke

I am going for shoulder length but the weird thing w/my growth is that on my left side i notice growth like an inch or 1/2 or so cause as im doing my knots i have more to wind down or while im doing my twists i have more to wind down. Its cool and all but not even. But at least its growing. :^D It is past my chin now. Soon to be touching my neck and by end of summer BETTA b on my shoulder. I'm so darn obsessed i've had dreams of myself w/long hair. HAHAH. lol. im sick. hehehe.

RabiaElaine

I'm definitely in!!!
I can't wait until I get home to start!! My challenge is to grow my hair to shoulder length. I think I need 3-4 inches in the back to really achieve that. I believe I'm going to use braids and hennalucent to do that. I have the water thing under control (I drink almost a gallon a day
) I also am going to challenge myself to stop relaxing so often (I usually relax every 6 weeks
) I'm going to achieve that with braids. I am also going to challenge myself to moisturize my hair often when in braids (i forget to do that a lot).
Anyway, I'm definitely in this challenge.

Good luck everyone