2004 Summer Grow-Out challenge

candibaby

okay, now that i know the true length of my hair..

currently 16 inches, directly at shoulder length (shorter in the front though because i'm growing out layers)

so i hope to be at 19-20 inches by the end of this summer.

elaine

i have 15 1/2 inches, barely brushing my shoulders. I want to be 21 inches by October. So i am looking at about 3 inches for the summer. I am going to start my conditioning washes again 3 times per week. So I am in!!!

rai

I'm in. Okay, I'm not too sure how much my hair grows monthly, so I will set small goals in order not to disappointment myself.

Current: 5-6 inches
Want: 7-8 inches

Wow this is my first challenge. I'm sooo excited.

Lovely901Lady

Can I join?? I'm going to be at BCT all summer and plan to mostly wear braids as a protective style but I'm hoping to gain 3-4 inches by the end of September. No relaxer until the end of September. I'm going to slip onto the braid challenge post and get some regimen ideas.

DelightfulFlame

Currently at 3 inches.
Want to have 6 by September.

To reach my goal, I am exercising, drinking water, eating 1 protein bar per day (when I can), eating right, and taking extra special care of my hair.

Sha76

Currently: 5-8 inches( layered, almost shoulder length)
Goal:8-11 inches( past my shoulders)

I plan on increasing vitamin intake. Since I new the permie world> I will continue to wash my hair every 3 days and air dry, roller set> i will not purchase a flat iron.

I will continue to deep condition every time I wash and be realy careful with my detangling.

I also will not let my stylist trim my hair and I will trim it myself.

Britt

My September I hope to reach a few inches or so above bra-strap. This is including about 2 trims. If my hair continues to grow at the rate that it is I should be a few inches shy of bra-strap by Sept

Kalesha

I gotta get in on this too currently I'm just grazing shoulder length, I'm hoping for at least 4 inches but my ends are horrible and need to be trimmed so I actually need like 5 inches to make up for my horrible ends lol

kytrona

In!!! My hair is too many different lengths to measure properly. My goal is shoulder-length by December, so by the end of this challenge I hope to be about 3/4 way there. My last relaxer was on Mar 12th, and I'm not going to relax again till the end of August (I may do 'halo' retouches till then). I plan on wearing braids most of the time, exercising more, eating healthy, and taking a multivitamin and MSM. Good luck everyone!!!

GoingBack

I think that I have about 10 inches currently and I"m hoping to retain 3 more by the end of the summer.

bettydavis

I'm in too...I would like to gain 4 inches by September. My plan is to wear braids most of the time. Right now my hair is 7-9 inches long. Good luck to everyone!

love2praz

Count me in! I'm not sure of how many inches but the back of my hair is about an inch past my shoulders and the sides of my hair are about an inch above my shoulders!
I really want my sides to reach shoulder length! After that, it's all gravy!!

The warmer weather always speeds up my growth so I'm looking for a good 3 inches by September!!

jainygirl

Hey Sha just checked out your pics, your hair looks great natural and relaxed
you can just tell by your natural hair pics that you would still have really nice thick hair when it's relaxed as well-- such pretty thick hair
-- jainygirl

Dandy112

Count me in, I am not sure what my exact hair measurements are but I am a little past shoulder length I think. I would like to have an additional 2 inches by September.

whosthatgurl

here.... but i'm not here
i'm in almost grazing shoulder. goal is at least past shoulder, to shoulder blade, or bra strap, ( biggg stretch ) i can't find my ruler, so i can't give measurements, sorry

alliyah4eva203

well. i had a major hair cut last week. lost about 3-4 inches all over. which puts me at neck length in the back and eye length in the front. which does'nt really matter anyway as i will be cutting it all of in 12 weeks and starting again.
so my new goal for the summer challenge is 2 inches of natural hair.

Dolce_Dawn

Add my name to the list. My goal is to have a little past bra strap all the way around. My back is at bra-strap (Yippee!), but my sides are only two inches past shoulder
. I am determined to have it all even by no later than Sept!

Innocent_Kiss

Whew..I know I'm late ..but I wanna join!
Right now I have no idea how long my hair is because I haven't took my Kinky Twist out yet. I have about an 1/2 to an inch of new growth though. Before I put them in, however ..my hair was at the top of my neck
Balled? I know hehe
That's why I'm here at LHCF!

My Goal is to be between the base of my neck and shoulder length. My poor hair has been through everything. Over processing, Overheating (flat ironing), not enough moisture, too tight braids ..I can go on forever. I'll try accomplishing my goal, though.

missyT

My current length is 6-7.5 inches of natural hair and I hope to be at 8" all over by september and 10" by december 2004.

asummertyme

currently i am 22 inches, brastrap for me is at 24 1/2 inces...(sucks), so i am in....im not askin for much...just 2 1/2 inches for the summer challenge.....im totally in!!