I'm in:

Current Length: 17 inches
Goal for the Summer: 5 more inches

*Hey through Christ all things are possible

sengschick

The Bun Master
[ QUOTE ]
sengschick said:
Dang, I hate when I don't login! I'm always missing something!!!!!! I'M SO IN. I had challenged myself to having an additional 5+ inches. I started @ 14, I'm estimating that I'm now @ 15" based on new growth. So I have 4+/- to go!!! Let's show 'em how to do this son!

[/ QUOTE ]
Did I write that? That must have been newbie euphoria
! Gaining 3" during the actual summer (June 21- Sept 22) is the very MOST I should have ever expected
. I've gained 1.5" thus far. I'm
for 1.5" more.

A_Christian

Is that a praying smilie face?
It's cute.
I'd be very happy with 2 more inches by September 22nd, but I'm just glad that the exercise, regular vitamin intake, and eating healthfully has increased my hair growth rate already.

Ipanema

[ QUOTE ]
Ipanema said:
I'm in.
Currently: 9-10 inches (stretched scalp to ends)
Goal: retain 3 more inches by the end of this challenge

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow.
A month after posting this, I had to get a haircut because of breakage. It's taken 3 months to grow that length back. Not too bad, I guess.
I have to stick with protective styles from now on.

Tracy

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
I just want my hair at the bottom of my brastrap by the end of summer....

That's about 3 inches...3 inches I'd be lucky to get.

I'm in.

[/ QUOTE ]

:::sigh:::

Well I'm set back so far this summer. About 2 inches back from where I began, and still about 2 inches that need cutting (won't do that for a long while). I'm at 19. If I can be at 20 by Sept 22nd, I'll be THRILLED.

I'm just happy my hair is still on my head.

But I'm up for a winter challenge.

lsubabiedee

[ QUOTE ]
lsubabiedee said:
my hair is currently 5 inches
but summer's end i would like to be at 7-8in

[/ QUOTE ]

well, i cant measure my hair but ummm...i think its grown a bit b/c well....IT JUST HAS! lol...yall can go look in my album and see....some of my hair stretched between the top of my shoulder blades...so i guess thats progress

B

ballet_bun

I accomplished my main goal. My hair is definately looking healthier. I'm really happy
And I found a braid out hairstyle that keeps my ends hidden ... I call the " UNder Bun". Someone told me I looked sexy with my hair like that yesterday ... So, I'm happy

greAtness333

[ QUOTE ]
greAtness333 said:
Here are some pics of my hair goals. *Taking into account trims.

Sept. 22: http://www.2hairstyles.com/black21.shtml or
http://www.2hairstyles.com/black7.shtml

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay so I had high hopes...can you blame me? I'm right about where the first pic is, except the front pieces. Since my hair is layered I don't think the top layers will make it lol. Come September my bottom layers should definately be there, God willing.

WaterMoccasin

[ QUOTE ]
BahamaMama said:

Current length: app. 20 inches (from hairline to ends, but 10-12 inches individual sections).

Length wanted: 3-5 inches (5 being the max from the 12/12 challenge). That would equal 23-25 inches hairline to ends, and 13-17 individual sections...

Here's the visual!
Current length:

Sept. Goal length:

[/ QUOTE ]

I wrote this in April so Yay! So i reached brastrap by June sometime which is 21 inches on me- in fact, between May and June, I gained 2 inches in like 7 weeks, so things were definitely looking great. but then it might have slowed a bit- I'm not sure...in fact i'm straightening it now, so we will see (i didn't plan to straighten til the end- oh well).
So anyway, 3 i can make for the summer. In fact, my hair looks like that second pic already- or very near it. My goal is now in my siggy- about 1 or 1 and a half inches from the nips....
(nips= end of year goal- not shooting too high)
I will be back with the measurements...

Ok- I think I'm at 23! or very near it- i lost my measuring tape. But my hair is now about 8 inches from my waist and i remember waist length on me being 31 inches so...
so far, so good!

greAtness333

[ QUOTE ]
greAtness333 said:
[ QUOTE ]
greAtness333 said:
Here are some pics of my hair goals. *Taking into account trims.

Sept. 22: http://www.2hairstyles.com/black21.shtml or
http://www.2hairstyles.com/black7.shtml

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay so I had high hopes...can you blame me? I'm right about where the first pic is, except the front pieces. Since my hair is layered I don't think the top layers will make it lol. Come September my bottom layers should definately be there, God willing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm almost there!

antrunette

What is your secrete? I did the big chop in May, I see you did it in March. Your hair had really grown! What is your secrete????

Carlie

[ QUOTE ]
I'm in...I guess just above bra-strap would be a realistic goal. I'm getting my hair retouched tomorrow and they'll probably trim...so I'll see where I'm currently at then. If I pass my goal, then great! If not, oh well...the journey continues... /images/graemlins/look.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I haven't touched up yet but I can already tell that my hair has grown quite a bit! /images/graemlins/grin.gif By the time I touch up in October, I'm sure I'll be top of brastrap...

hiza

[ QUOTE ]
well I am still in, but I have cut 2 inches, so my hair is no longer 22 inches, but 20 inches.
I would be more than happy with 2 more inches by September.

hiza

[/ QUOTE ]

I did get my 2 inches back. So my hair is now 22 inches!!!

Hiza...

sengschick

The Bun Master
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sengschick said:
Dang, I hate when I don't login! I'm always missing something!!!!!! I'M SO IN. I had challenged myself to having an additional 5+ inches. I started @ 14, I'm estimating that I'm now @ 15" based on new growth. So I have 4+/- to go!!! Let's show 'em how to do this son!

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/look.gif Did I write that? That must have been newbie euphoria /images/graemlins/laugh.gif! Gaining 3" during the actual summer (June 21- Sept 22) is the very MOST I should have ever expected /images/graemlins/nono.gif . I've gained 1.5" thus far. I'm
for 1.5" more.

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/trampoline.gif I did pretty well, but I haven't officially measured. I started @ 15" (crown-to-tip) and was @ 17.25" by the end of August. I have at least 0.5" of new growth, but it's somewhere btwn 0.5-1.0". And if my new growth estimate is correct I met and possibly exceeded my goal a bit. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/weird.gif

I don't think my hair spurts in the summer though, b/c this rate is the same as it is w/supplements anytime of the year /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif.

WaterMoccasin

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Boadicea said:
List your current length and how much you hope to accomplish by September 22nd 2004 (official start of Autumn).

Currently: 20 inches
Length wanted: 4 inches

For me, bra-strap is 23 inches, so I hope to meet the middle of it by September!

[/ QUOTE ]

Current length: app. 20 inches (from hairline to ends, but 10-12 inches individual sections).

Length wanted: 3-5 inches (5 being the max from the 12/12 challenge). That would equal 23-25 inches hairline to ends, and 13-17 individual sections...

Here's the visual!
Current length:

Sept. Goal length:

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, here i am checking in with the final results 2 and a half weeks after the official end date:
I think I made it! Based on the visuals alone that is. I won't be doing another official measurement for a while so I actually won't know the length of my hair until like, December! But gained at least 2 and a half inches over summer. Maybe even three. wait- did i reply to this thread already...oh well

hotshot

im not sure how much but i definitely gained growth and CRAZY thickness. i like making seasonal goals- it breaks it down more managably.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
During the Summer (June 21 - Sept 21), my hair grew about 1 & 1/2 inches. My hair is getting thicker and healthier.