Grow out challenge!

Dandy112

I am def in, I am trying to let me hair grow to shoulder length, currently I am at chin length, I am not sure how long that will take, but I am making sure to take extra care of my hair by washing every three days, deep conditioning, moisturizing and doing roller sets!

Happy Hair Growing to All!!

luvhair

Beauty and Fashion Junkie
I am glad so many people are in!! Well in order to keep track of our progress I figure I'll start a thread on the first and fifteenth of every month and we can report how we are doing, if we fell off the wagon, etc. Does that sound like a good idea? does anyone have anymore suggestions on what we should do for support?

ngaa

late as usual but i'm definatly in...i was followin the 365day challenge but it wont hurt to start another challenge rite??

Drea84

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
luvhair said:
I am glad so many people are in!! Well in order to keep track of our progress I figure I'll start a thread on the first and fifteenth of every month and we can report how we are doing, if we fell off the wagon, etc. Does that sound like a good idea? does anyone have anymore suggestions on what we should do for support?

[/ QUOTE ]

Great idea!!

Drea84

Titansgirl

Count me in....
I just started a low carb/high protein diet today. So, this will go great w/ trying to get my hair together and my weight...

Islandgirl

I think this is a great idea "the summer challenge." I will start on May 11th (that's when i get home from college, cause right now my diet is poor-hamburgers every night etc.). I will definitely keep on track with my vitamins, drink protein shakes, exercise 4x a week, drink 10 glasses of water etc. This sounds awesome (i also like the fact that we are doing it over the summer, time of the year where the hair is easily moisturized=retention of growth-YES) Ok, i will take a picture on may 11th also, and then one on sept. 11 to see what my summer progress has been. Cool thread (i prefer this than 365, start small then go big, you know after this challenge, i should be able to take on the 365)

TwistNMx

I'm up for the challenge. I've been taking pictures since I started with LHC. My goal is shoulder length by my birthday in December. Quite a challenge for me because my hair is not as long as Kia's, but I'm religiously taking my supplements and better care of my hair EVERYDAY.

Drea84

Islandgirl said:
I think this is a great idea "the summer challenge." I will start on May 11th (that's when i get home from college, cause right now my diet is poor-hamburgers every night etc.). I will definitely keep on track with my vitamins, drink protein shakes, exercise 4x a week, drink 10 glasses of water etc. This sounds awesome (i also like the fact that we are doing it over the summer, time of the year where the hair is easily moisturized=retention of growth-YES) Ok, i will take a picture on may 11th also, and then one on sept. 11 to see what my summer progress has been. Cool thread (i prefer this than 365, start small then go big, you know after this challenge, i should be able to take on the 365)

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL
I hear you about that college diet!!
I will also be starting when I get home from school on May 15th

Drea84

Faith

I usually don't join in these challenges but I'm in for this one. I started a workout regimen last week and already lost 4lbs...that was a suprise. So I would like to add some omega 3-6-9 oil to my brewers yeast and multi vit supplement list (I take them to help my skin so helping my hair will be bonus). My goal is waist by my 4 year natural hair anniversay (which is Nov 20th, day after my b-day). I need about 3-3.5". I usually only get 1/4" after July so I'm hoping for 1/2" or more a month.

hunnybunny81

I'm IN!
My birthday is in December so my goal is to gain 3-4 inches by then...I will be such a happy camper if that happens
!!!!I'm tryna tell y'all Won't NOBODY be able to tell me NUTHIN'!!!

Peachtree

I've already began a 365 challenge (late last yr), however a summer challenge would be great to offer a "lil boost" to my annual challenge.

SUMMER CHALLENGE GOAL: GAIN A TOTAL OF 1" FOR EVERY MTH OF CHALLENGE. I'm including May, so: May-Aug = 4" growth.

I really need the support &amp; encouragement to:

1) TAKE VITS DAILY
I just began my vits regime (Sat). It's sad, but I've already missed a full day
. I'm one of those people who have the darnest time swallowing pills. I have a pill crusher, but Jesus, the taste...
ugh. Avg growth without vits was = .866 per mth, so now that I have a vits regime, I'm hoping to gain 1" mthly.

2) MORE "AIR DRYING" SETS
Currently, my preferred method of drying is rollersetting, only because it's a quick set (1.5-2 hrs), compared to braid/twist outs or ponytails which are day long sets. But I figure with the warm weather approaching I'm not gonna want to sit under a warm dryer... &amp; my hair will benefit from the extra moisture anyway. Obj: to "air dry" with every other wash.

Much success to everyone.

God Bless
Peachtree

RabiaElaine

I said I was in earlier today...

I actually decided to start today with my first wash after my relaxer.

I hope to gain 3/4-1 inch every month of this challenge. I'm going from April 28-August 28. So hopefully that will give me 3-4 inches by the end.

My regimen:
-Extend my touch-ups by using hennalucent and braiding my hair for 2 months at a time.
-Hopefully I won't relax again until August.
-Vitamins: Biotin 5mg, GNC Ultra Nourishair, Multivitamin, Vitamin C. Will add Silica, Evening primrose, B-5, and possibly eliminate some of these by taking Viviscal.
-For right now (before I braid my hair up at the end of May) I'm not going to use any heat on my hair. I did my first conditioner wash in a couple of months tonight, and put my hair back in a bun after oiling it.
-I'm going to try to wear bun everyday until I put braids in to protect my hair.

I haven't gotten all of my products down for this challenge...still working on them...I'll keep you posted.

mocha105

Hey ladies im in too! most of u may not kno me cuz im a shy member, but i really needed to get back on my rigid hair care regime. Since I leave for college in august, im hopin to have at least 2-3 inches of new growth by then. Im only taking a multi-vit for now but that may change. Thanx for the new mtoivation

Cleopatra_Jones

Okay I am down for the challenge. Right now my hair length is 4 1/2 inches. i am fairly new so i haven't nailed down a length goal yet. I just want my hair to be healthy and long. i am still working out my hair regime, but right now i wash with poo 2x a week. i am thinking about the no poo thing. i took out my micros about 2 weeks ago and relaxed. i noticed 1/2 of new growth. i am wearing drawstring ponytails and wigs. Bargello's regime is working with a few modifications. 5 inches more would be wonderful

Good Luck everyone,
Cleo

Karonica

Tonight, I am going to put a braid my hair for a twist-out! I'm more excited about my hair than my daggon schoolwork.

TinyT

zoya_j said:
Tracy my hair is 3-4 inches too and I'm trying to make it to the afro puff. I feel as if this length is the hardest because it's the in between stage. I couldn't deal with it, so I got a weave.

Slowly, but surely

[/ QUOTE ]

That's cool, I bet the weave is pretty. Right now I am rockin the fro, but I have seriouly been thinking about braids, so i don't manipulate my hair much. Or maybe twists, cause I can do those myself. What's you hair care routine? I hope we can both make it to afro puff stage soon.

Tracy

AJamericanDiva

Count this girl in!!! I am hoping to get 4 inches by the end of December.
Hey Faith! I started my BFL challenge yesterday (Monday)... WE CAN DO IT, GIRLS!!!
The way I see it, if any one of us is falling out of line
-&gt;
It's called "tough love". Like Momma used to say, "This
is going to hurt me more than it's going to hurt you!"

Faith

Hey Diva

Yeah, ummmm I don't know about this tough love business.
I'm with godzookii why can't we have multi-cheat days.
Kidding, I promise to behave

shelli4018

I'm new...and a little intimidated, but I'll give this challenge a shot. I'd like to gain 3 inches of growth by September 1st. Staying away from heat will be so hard! I love my flat iron. Oh, and I'll experiment with braid/twist outs to find something that looks good on me (without heat styling). Finally, I'm going to commit myself to fitness. I've had a gym membership for months. Time to get my triflin' butt off the couch!

Tracy

No intimidated newbies! Post away! The challenge is open to all and all are welcome!

That said - my bootcamp routine was to last through the summer for the most part so I'm also in. I'll post a separate message to the bootcampers as soon as I can, but in the meantime I wanted to say that I'm also going to undertake this challenge as part of my 365 challenge.

My goals are:

1. to get an inch a month for crying out loud! Everybody else does gosh dang it!

2. To retain all but one of the inches I get - so 3 of 4 - hopefully.

3. To wear my hair curly the majority of the summer so I can benefit from frequent washes and no heat. My curls are really beginning to work for me now so I want to take advantage of the ability to look good and be doing something positive (little manipulation and heat) for my hair.

4. To reinstitute all of the things I know work for me otherwise known as BOOTCAMP!

Good luck to all! I'm gonna keep taking monthly pics. Are we going to tocuh base and have updates and stuff? Lemme re-read in case I missed it...

tekmommie

Hi, I'm new to this board. I want to join the challenge. I've been heat free for almost a month. I am struggling with the wet sets...the first 5 ended up in a pontytail
the last one actually looked okay after I wrapped it. If I could just get the roots straight!

I'm two weeks into my relaxer and still can't get the roots straight. They are wavy and puffy..oh well I will keep trying

PS How do I change from UBB to HTML...I want to add an avatar!

Tara

Bumping to say I'll be starting "officially" on the 19th of May. I've been moisturizing and washing like I'm supposed to but it's the water, the vitamins, the eating plan etc. that I'm starting Monday.

I am hoping to achieve that "elusive inch"

H

HoneyRockette

OOPS! I started on the 5th of May. I have been slacking with vitamins. I stopped taking biotin all together and I take Brewer's Yeast every once in a while. I mainly take Viviscal. I have been drinking A LOT more water lately. I only exercised about 30 minutes this week so far. I may do some bellydancing later. It looks like I got 1/4 of an inch more but it is hard to tell. I am going to redo my braids in two or three weeks so I will post a picture and measure then.