Grow out TWA challenge

nekee

This is a challenge for all of the short natural haired beauties out there. Since I have a twa also, I know how frustrating it is wanting your hair to hurry up and grow, and trying to find styles for it and so on. But I believe that with the encouragement of others similar to us, we will have bba's in no time at all.

Before you start, below shows what you should state (post) and some rules of the challenge:

1. Your current length

2. Your hair type

3. No measuring until each month is up starting from May 30th

4. Share proposed regimen

5. Maintain and moisturise ends as much as possible

6. No more than half inch trims - unless you really and desperately think you need to trim ( or trim before the challenge)

7. Come in every two weeks to see how everybody is doing in the challenge (when you check in every one or two months people don't really remember or slack off on the challenge)

7. The challenge ends December 30th or May 30th 2005 ( depends on what the members of the "Grow out Twa" challenge decides)

also state what products you will be using

I would like to thank ms_kenesha for her input and for rules one and two.

lsubabiedee

1. Your current length
6 inches, except for crown and nape which are 4-5in

2. Your hair type
who knows?!

oh lord!

shampoo once or twice weekly, deep condition weekly, co wash daily, leavein daily, surge twice daily, and stick to my vitamins!

6. No more than half inch trims - unless you really and desperately think you need to trim ( or trim before the challenge)

7. Come in every two weeks to see how everybody is doing in the challenge (when you check in every one or two months people don't really remember or slack off on the challenge)

7. The challenge ends December 30th or May 30th 2005 ( depends on what the members of the "Grow out Twa" challenge decides)

-Aussie Moist Shampoo/Conditioner
-Surge Power Wash
-Suave Tropical Coconut/Awapuhi/aloe vera/milk and honey conditioners
-lustrasilk carrot oil cholestorol or sedal keraforce conditioner
-Elasta mango butter
-coconut oil
-surge plus 14
-soft and beautiful herbal conditioning tonic

shelli4018

1. Your current length - 3 to 4 inches

2. Your hair type - 4B with a bit of 4A at the crown and nape.

4. Share proposed regimen -
a. CO wash at least every other day.
b. Surge every evening before bed.
c. Moisturize twice a day (morning and evening)

Products:
Surge Revitalizer 14
Unrefined Shea Butter
Frederick Fekkai Shea Butter Conditioner
Elasta Mango Butter
Water
Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding

inkysphinx

1. Your current length
I honestly don't know. . .I'm wearing kinky twist braids, and I plan to keep my hair braided all summer (with a 2 week rest in between).

2. Your hair type
4a, O/S, cottony

I'm wearing braids, so that's fine!

While braided, I'll be using glycerin spray daily on the braids. I plan to wash once a week to avoid build up, and I plan on oiling my scalp more frequently. This hair is very itchy! My scalp never itches, so I know that it must be the hair.

definitely!

Won't be trimming unil the braids come out.

Definitely!

*also state what products you will be using
When my hair is out, I will use EQP shampoo, any light conditioner for my CWs, aussie or infusium as a liquid leave in, profectiv break free, EQP mango butter, surge or doo gro as a growth treatment on my scalp (rosemary give me bumps around my hairline)

ms_kenesha

1. Your current length: approx 2 inches!

2. Your hair type: 4a/b, cottony

3. No measuring until each month is up starting from May 30th---can do!

4. Share proposed regimen: Con-wash at least every other day, moisturize with avocado butter, jojoba oil in the morning, moisturize with Surge Woojee Cream at night, Spray Surge Plus 14 every night. Wash every 2 weeks with Elucence MB Shampoo or Paul Mitchell Special Tee Tree Shampoo. Light protein treatment every month (Elucence EMRT) followed by a heavy duty conditioning treatment (Elasa QP DPR-11)

5. Maintain and moisturise ends as much as possible--CAN DO!

6. No more than half inch trims - unless you really and desperately think you need to trim ( or trim before the challenge)-- not trimming at least until Aug. 9 (my 6 month mark)

7. Come in every two weeks to see how everybody is doing in the challenge (when you check in every one or two months people don't really remember or slack off on the challenge)-- WILL DO!

also state what products you will be using:
Avocado Butter
Surge Woojee Cream
Surge Plus 14 Spray
Suave Coconut Conditioner
Jojoba Oil
Elucence MB Shampoo
Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Shampoo
Elucence EMRT
Elasta QP DPR-11

Thanks for starting this!

syoulee1

As a former "TWA"er I would like to say good luck to all the beautiful natural ladies in this challenge!

DDHair

Great because I need 3 more inches to have my bangs be chin length. And that will also help my back be closer to bra strap length when straightened.

1. Your current length 6-7 inches all around

2. Your hair type- 4A/4B

4. Share proposed regimen-Wash once a week, oil and spray with Surge nightly and braid

also state what products you will be using Surge, Renu Herbs Gueye Products, OSRT, Fantasia, Nexxus Biotin Shampoo, Johnson's Children's shampoo.

nekee

Thanks for participating =} , has anyone decided when she wants to challenge to end ? December or a year from now?

1. Your current length - approx 2 or 3 inches

2. Your hair type - i have no idea, when I take pictures I hope someone can help me with that so i will say type 4 for now

3. No measuring until each month is up starting from May 30th - hide all of my rulers

Co washes every other day, rinse on normal days. Use surge on scalp at night and use vo5 con as leave-in. Wash every two weeks and deep condition every week.

5. Maintain and moisturise ends as much as possible - i need to stop playing with my hair without knowing it

Surge 14
VO5 strawberries
Soft n Beautiful Sculpting Foam
WGO for edges

nekee

lol well ok since noone else said anything . december it is ! starting may 30th to december 30th . That would give persons time to get their regime in order and products and trims and so on

nekee

Sorry Sorry I knew we were supposed to start yesterday, So many things happening. Well good luck everyone on your challenge, I'll check back in two weeks to see how things are going

cocoa2122

I'm game!

1. Your current length
3-4 inches

2. Your hair type
4a/b

Modified no-poo (shampoo twice a month...conditioner washes the rest of the month. No heat. Twists, braids. Deep condition once a week.

itismehmmkay

This gal is game as well:

current length: 2-3 inches

hair type: 4a/b

regimen: currently wearing free-style braids

notes:

I don't think I"m ever cutting my hair again! (trims don't count)I'm tired of short hair. I'm also tired of messing with it all of the time. cool.

- it is me

carameldiva

1. Your current length-4.5 inches

2. Your hair type-3c-extremely dry, extremely curly-but can be very soft and coily-does shine

4. Share proposed regimen- conditioning rinse daily(aloe vera), shampoo-1-2 times weekly(biotin shampoo or generic from gnc),leave-in treament(generic gnc(infusium)or parnevue), oils-dabur amla oil, coconut oil, shea butter, sweet almond oil, jojoba oil. Moisturize ends by using dabur amla oil and plastic cap for overnight treatment at least 1-2 times weekly. Deep conditioning with heat weekly.

ms_kenesha

[ QUOTE ]
ms_kenesha said:
1. Your current length: approx 2 inches!

2. Your hair type: 4a/b, cottony

3. No measuring until each month is up starting from May 30th---can do!

4. Share proposed regimen: Con-wash at least every other day, moisturize with avocado butter, jojoba oil in the morning, moisturize with Surge Woojee Cream at night, Spray Surge Plus 14 every night. Wash every 2 weeks with Elucence MB Shampoo or Paul Mitchell Special Tee Tree Shampoo. Light protein treatment every month (Elucence EMRT) followed by a heavy duty conditioning treatment (Elasa QP DPR-11)

5. Maintain and moisturise ends as much as possible--CAN DO!

6. No more than half inch trims - unless you really and desperately think you need to trim ( or trim before the challenge)-- not trimming at least until Aug. 9 (my 6 month mark)

7. Come in every two weeks to see how everybody is doing in the challenge (when you check in every one or two months people don't really remember or slack off on the challenge)-- WILL DO!

Avocado Butter
Surge Woojee Cream
Surge Plus 14 Spray
Suave Coconut Conditioner
Jojoba Oil
Elucence MB Shampoo
Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Shampoo
Elucence EMRT
Elasta QP DPR-11

Thanks for starting this!

[/ QUOTE ]

Since I posted this I've made some changes in my regimen. I am using V05 Strawberries & Cream as my conditioner for my co-washes, I am following this with Kemi Shea butter Pomade, and using Suave Gel on my hairline. This has definitely abbreviated my routine and is working GREAT!! I am also really bad with being consistent with Surge, but I'm trying to at least do it once a day

laketta

Okay here I am

1. Your current length

6 and 7 inches (varies between the two, depends on where I measure)

2. Your hair type
4a super thick

okay.

keep it moisurized and try not to manipulate it too much. Very simple.

5. Maintain and moisturise ends as much as possible .

Will Do.

More like no more than 1/4 inch trims for me.

I'll try to keep my album updated.

Mine will end 12/30/04.

Surge all the way and I will do co washes more often.

nekee

If you believe your hair is too short for you, join. But TWA wearers are mainly like 5 inches and below. But anyone can join !

I am implementind 5mg biotin into my diet, since i never have time to apply surge

NubianAngel

Thanks for the response, Nekee.

1. Currently, my hair is in layers, somewhere b/w 9 and 11 inches (not so tw a)

2. Hair type 4a/b

4. I am not completely sure about my regimen, but I will be consuming lots of water, getting back to the gym, and doing weekly treatments, alternating with GPB and I will find some good moisturizing treatment (any suggestions?). I will try and keep my hair moisturized at all times, and alternate between my buns and maybe try twists or braidouts. I'm gonna leave my beloved puffs alone for now, because they take too much manipulation and fluffing to the ends. I'm going to keep taking suppliments - a multivitamin + something extra for hair.

6. I just had a good trim, so no more scissors for a little while.

7. I want to update every week since I need extra hand holding. I'm begging, someone please check up on me

7. It's now june. To be honest, I don't know how long I can be good with my hair. I'm so inconsistent
I will need the support of you natural beauties

Shinka

1. Your current length: 2 INCHES

2. Your hair type: 4a, I think with 4B in the middle

Not a problem
4. Share proposed regimen: I plan to become a mimialist. Rinse daily ( CO washes every other day): Wash and go. Mosturize with carefreecurl, mango butter, and panrevu tea tree breakage control. Shampooing ( Every every week with black soap or dr. bonners peppermint shampoo and follow with deep conditioner woth Lekair-pink).

See how this works for the month.

Also eat my fruits and veggies. Drink only water.

Just trim so I wont trim for another 6 months to a year.

The longer the better

Lekair Deep Conditioner
Dr. bonner peppermint shampoo
Black soap
mango butter
carefreeo curl
parnevu tea tree break control ( crown..4B section)
African Braid Braid Spray
Suave for CO washes.

leejure

The memories... I too was a member of the TWA crew. Oh how I loved it so! Good Luck ladies! the journey will be fun!

-lee

lillian743

1. Your current length
* 4 to 5 inchs, looks half nappy/relaxed when wet.

2. Your hair type
* ? 3b-4c.

3. No measuring until each month is up starting from May 30th * Ok then no measuring.

* Co wash hair everyday, use gel mixed with Co everyday, and comb hair only once a month.

* Is that even possible with all the gel I use? I mix it with Co I hope that helps.

6. No more than half inch trims - unless you really and desperately think you need to trim ( or trim before the challenge) * No trims for me anyway!!

* Oh kay doe kay!

7. The challenge ends December 30th or May 30th 2005 ( depends on what the members of the "Grow out Twa" challenge decides) *Hehe I'll be ready!

I'm not really sure cause they change alot. Im crazy.

1. Your current length 3 1/2 ins

2. Your hair type between 3c /4a really fine strands

3. No measuring until each month is up starting from May 30th ok

4. Share proposed regimen co wash every morning with vo 5 peaches and cream, add stay sof ro , and kemyoyl shea butter pomade, spray surge and go.. once per week hot oil treatment with coconut,almaa,olive, grape seed and jojoba oils combined., use apogee proteen conditioner (the stinky one) and acv once per month.
comb as little as possible,weartwa for 6 weeks then braid for 2 months.no tiny braids

5. Maintain and moisturise ends as much as possible .ok

6. No more than half inch trims - unless you really and desperately think you need to trim ( or trim before the challenge) I already trimmed 1/2 inch.

7. Come in every two weeks to see how everybody is doing in the challenge (when you check in every one or two months people don't really remember or slack off on the challenge)ok

7. The challenge ends December 30th or May 30th 2005 ( depends on what the members of the "Grow out Twa" challenge decides)&&&&&

I am a pj so i do not know yet...

NappyJamaican

1. Hair length: 3-4 inches of natural hair
2. Kinky, 4b hair
3. No measuring until end of month
4. HAIR REGIMIN
-Wash hair evey 3 days with Sauve humectant
-Apply Frenchee Super Gro after wash
-Spray Surge Plus 14 on scalp after wash and in morning
and before bed
-Wash with Surge Power Wash every nine days
-Wear afro daily
5.Moisturize ends by misting with Rosemary Spritz: water,
gylcerin and rosewater, 6 drops of rosemary, Infusium 23
leave-in conditioner,and Surge Weejee Cream
6. Trim no more than half an inch of hair
7. I will try to check in every two weeks
8. I will end the challenge December 30th

[ QUOTE ]
deeshortesthair said:
1. Your current length 3 1/2 ins

[/ QUOTE ]I just measured all over and I have sections that are up to 5 inches long guess next time a pro should trim my hair or mabey my hair is breaking off in some areas?

2. Your hair type between 3c /4a really fine strands

3. No measuring until each month is up starting from May 30th ok

4. Share proposed regimen co wash every morning with vo 5 peaches and cream, add stay sof ro , and kemyoyl shea butter pomade, spray surge and go.. once per week hot oil treatment with coconut,almaa,olive, grape seed and jojoba oils combined., use apogee proteen conditioner (the stinky one) and acv once per month.
comb as little as possible,weartwa for 6 weeks then braid for 2 months.no tiny braids

5. Maintain and moisturise ends as much as possible .ok

6. No more than half inch trims - unless you really and desperately think you need to trim ( or trim before the challenge) I already trimmed 1/2 inch.

7. Come in every two weeks to see how everybody is doing in the challenge (when you check in every one or two months people don't really remember or slack off on the challenge)ok

7. The challenge ends December 30th or May 30th 2005 ( depends on what the members of the "Grow out Twa" challenge decides)&&&&&

I am a pj so i do not know yet...