COWASH CHALLENGE PART III (July 1-September 30, 2013)...sorry so late!

Diva_Esq

COWASH CHALLENGE PARTS III & IV (July 1-December 31, 2013)...sorry so late!

Okay Ladies, let's keep it up in 2013 with our COWASHING!
:woohoo: We're going for maximum length retention, lush, thick ends and healthy, moisturized tresses!!!

Grow your hair and retain inches by joining the 2013 Cowash Challenge Part 3! This Challenge will run in segments as follows:
Part 1: January 1st –March 31st
Part 2: April 1st – June 30th
Part 3: July 1st – September 30th
Part 4: October 1st - December 31st

With that, let's grow, grow, grow!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:dance7:Part III of this challenge will begin on July 1, 2013 and ends on September 30, 2013!! :dance7:The entire challenge will be complete on December 31, 2013! Kudos to those who will rejoin us from last year! Welcome to our newer challengers!

RULES:
Cowash at least 1x/wkly. More if you'd like!
Report what conditioners you used and how your hair is responding.

MUST:
Post a starting pic and ending pic.

MUST ANSWER THE FOLLOWING:
State of hair (relaxed, natural, etc.)?
Current hair length:
Hair goal?
How many times per week will you cowash?
What conditioners are you planning to use?
What do you hope to achieve by cowashing?
How often (if ever) will you use shampoo?

You can join by answering the questions in a post and posting a starting pic & tagging me in the thread or by PMing me. :grin::yep: I will acknowledge by tagging you in the initial post on this thread in the challengers list and thanking your post.

Feel free to ask questions, share videos, recommend products and discuss all other things helpful regarding cowashing!​

Last edited:

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I'm still in! :)

State of hair (relaxed, natural, etc.)? Natural
Current hair length: SL @ nape, NL- @ crown & Top of lip in front.
Hair goal? Full SL@ end of the year
How many times per week will you cowash? 2-4 times
What conditioners are you planning to use? Wen, aussie moist 3 minute, carols daughters tui con, organix, or what ever con I have on hand.
What do you hope to achieve by cowashing? Healthy hair that's moisturized and length retention
How often (if ever) will you use shampoo? 1xper month.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

Last edited:

Diva_Esq

State of hair (relaxed, natural, etc.)? Natural for the rest of my life! :)
Current hair length: WHIP Length stretched; BSL-MBL curly.
Hair goal? TBL or HL stretched; MBL-WL curly.
How many times per week will you cowash? 1-7 depending on style.
What conditioners are you planning to use? Aussie Moist 3 Minute Miracle...my staple! Also now trying Ouidad Curl Cowash.
What do you hope to achieve by cowashing? retained length, moisture, healthy hair
How often (if ever) will you use shampoo? Once a month or so; after swimming.

Pic in siggy.

felic1

I am in like Flynn!
I am natural
I am between SL and APL
Goal is WL
I cowash twice weekly on Tuesday and Thursday

I am currently cowashing with Oyin Honey Hemp, Tresemme Avocado (sp), AOHSR, and my
other conditioners that do not come to mind

I expect moisture hair and greater length retention

I occasionally use SM moisture retention and black soap for shampoo on the weekend. I put it in a nozzle bottle(either one) and use maybe a tablespoonful and fill the rest of the 12 ounce container with water and shake.

I am having great results with cowashing!

This is my July length check picture:yep:

Attachments

• 20130717_162316-1.jpg
    20130717_162316-1.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 11

hnntrr

Current hair length: TWA
Hair goal? MBL
How many times per week will you cowash? 2-3
What conditioners are you planning to use? Burt's Bees güd softening conditioner, möp, and one nd only hydrating masque
What do you hope to achieve by cowashing? Combat dryness, figure out how to deal with lo-po
How often (if ever) will you use shampoo? Once a month

Ogoma

State of hair (relaxed, natural, etc.): Natural
Current hair length: between APL and BSL
Hair goal? Undetermined
How many times per week will you cowash? at least 1x a week, but may be more depending on work out schedule and/or mood
What conditioners are you planning to use? TJ Tea Tree Tingle, CJ Smoothing Lotion
What do you hope to achieve by cowashing? Moisture, moisture, moisture, and refresh hair and scalp
How often (if ever) will you use shampoo? Co-cleanse 1x a week and use traditional shampoo 1x a month.

Babygrowth

I'm definitely still in. Cowashed last night with tresemme naturals condish. the original formula. I'm going to be said if I cant find anymore of this. This cheap condish is amazing for my hair.

beans4reezy

I didn't have much last time around (too much tangling) , the constant cowashing made my hair suffer a bit. I will be lurking though, as I'm sure I did something wrong...

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I'll be swinging through periodically as I go through cowashing phases. Tonight I will cowash with Tresemme Naturals -- found the revised formula. Can't wait to check it out.

Dabaddest

MUST ANSWER THE FOLLOWING:
Current hair length: between sl and apl
Hair goal? wl
How many times per week will you cowash? at least every other day
What conditioners are you planning to use? Cheapies. I have a bunch of suave and herbal essence cond I need to use.
What do you hope to achieve by cowashing? Moisture and retention
How often (if ever) will you use shampoo? 1X week followed by dc
Pic in profile

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I'll be swinging through periodically as I go through cowashing phases. Tonight I will cowash with Tresemme Naturals -- found the revised formula. Can't wait to check it out.

I seriously wasn't impressed with what is said to be the original formula that has been recently brought back. I will give it one more try before concluding #fail. Many stores have the non-original formula and looks like I may need to clean the racks because my hair loves that stuff.

Jobwright

State of hair (relaxed, natural, etc.)? relaxed
Current hair length:closing in on APL
Hair goal? MBL
How many times per week will you cowash? AT LEAST 2x
What conditioners are you planning to use? Tresemme Naturals and may go back to Wen
What do you hope to achieve by cowashing? Moisturizer long healthy flowing shiny hair
How often (if ever) will you use shampoo? At relaxer time and to clarify

Jobwright

Just cowshed and under the dryer now with a roller set. Used Wen this time and it was awesome! May just use the Tresemme for moisturizing for a while since my relaxed hair likes Wen again.

SmilingElephant

Still in this piece! Lol!

Ive been alternating between v05 and Curl cleansing cream....i need to re-up on that! I need to restock my co washing stash period! I have one bottle of V05 left :(

KaramelDiva1978

Co-washed with Wen Summer Mango on yesterday....feels so soft and lovely after the Wen SM and 613 deep conditioning. I'm loving this stuff. Think I'll be doing this every three days or so!

MaraWithLove

I haven't been very active with my posts, but I'm still in. Been co-washing 1-3x a week and just letting my hair be. Will update info later.^^

DominicanBrazilian82

State of hair (relaxed, natural, etc.)? Relaxed

Current hair length: APL

Hair goal? WL

How many times per week will you cowash? 1x

What conditioners are you planning to use?

- HV Acai Phyto
- HV 24/7
- SSI Avocado
- SSI Honey
- SSI Okra

What do you hope to achieve by cowashing?

- Moisture
- Retention

How often (if ever) will you use shampoo? 1/x weekly.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I guess I should join this challenge since I seem to be co-washing several times a week to loosen my coils.

State of hair NATURAL
Current hair length: SHORT
Hair goal: HEALTHY, CURLY and LONG AS IT CAN GROW
How many times per week will you cowash? 2-3x A WEEK
What conditioners are you planning to use? I HAVE A FEW; TOO MANY TO NAME
What do you hope to achieve by cowashing? MOISTURIZED, STRONG HAIR and RETENTION
How often (if ever) will you use shampoo? WHEN I NEED IT (WHICH ISN'T OFTEN), OR I WANT TO USE UP MY STASH