COWASH CHALLENGE THREAD Part 4 (October 1-December 31, 2012)- FINAL PART FOR 2012!!

Diva_Esq

Okay Ladies, let's finish out the summer strong!!
:woohoo: We're going for maximum length retention, lush, thick ends and healthy, moisturized tresses!!!​

Grow your hair and retain inches by joining the 2012 Cowash Challenge Part 4! This Challenge will run in segments as follows:
Part 1: January 1st –March 31st
Part 2: April 1st – June 30th
Part 3: July 1st – September 30th
Part 4: October 1st - December 31st

With that, let's grow, grow, grow!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:dance7:Part IV of this challenge will begin on October 1, 2012 and ends on December 31, 2012!! :dance7:The entire challenge will be complete on December 31, 2012! Kudos to those who have been in all 4 parts of the challenge. Welcome to our newer challengers!​

RULES:
Cowash at least 1x/wkly. More if you'd like!
Report what conditioners you used and how your hair is responding.​

MUST:
Post a starting pic and ending pic.​

MUST ANSWER THE FOLLOWING:
How many times per week will you cowash?
What conditioners are you planning to use?
What do you hope to achieve by cowashing?
How often (if ever) will you use shampoo?​

You can join by answering the questions in a post and posting a starting pic & tagging me in the thread or by PMing me. :grin::yep: I will acknowledge by tagging you in the initial post on this thread in the challengers list and thanking your post.​

Feel free to ask questions, share videos, recommend products and discuss all other things helpful regarding cowashing!​

Last edited:

Diva_Esq

Re: COWASH CHALLENGE THREAD Part 4 (October 1-December 31, 2012)- FINAL PART FOR 2012

How many times per week will you cowash? daily, unless my hair is twisted then once every 3-4 days
What conditioners are you planning to use? Aussie Moist 3 Minute Miracle, Tresemme Moisture Rich or Tresemme Naturals, Paul Mitchell The Conditioner
What do you hope to achieve by cowashing? thick, healthy, long hair
How often (if ever) will you use shampoo? no more than once a month

My beginning pic (about 3 inches from WL):

Last edited:

xu93texas

Re: COWASH CHALLENGE THREAD Part 4 (October 1-December 31, 2012)- FINAL PART FOR 2012

Of course I'm in! :grin:

I plan to cowash 4-5 times per week. I will be using TJ Nourish Spa, TJ Tea Tree Tingle, As I Am Coconut Cowash, and a VO5 cheapie conditioners in my cowash rotation. I hope to retain growth and moisturized curls. I will continue to shampoo/DC every week b/c I use a sulfur mixture most nights and I need to make sure my scalp is clean.

youwillrise

finally back on my hair game. will condition rinse (only use conditioner on hair and not for 'cleansing' purposes) once a week, midweek... and will condition wash (actually use the conditioner to cleanse hair & scalp) before dc'ing every week (note: will use shampoo bar or bentonite to clean my hair as i see fit)

SoopremeBeing

I'm still in! Co-washing religiously!

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B

How many times per week will you cowash? - Daily (maybe skip a day here and there due to time constraints.

What conditioners are you planning to use? 0- 6/7weeks post AOHSR, 6+ weeks post AORM

What do you hope to achieve by cowashing?The joy of washing from head to toe. Increased moisture and scalp health.

How often (if ever) will you use shampoo? About once a month or less.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made

Diva_Esq - I'm no longer co-washing. It didn't work out for me the way I wanted it to.

TruMe

I'm in again!

How many times per week will you cowash? At least 1x but I want to get back to every day.
What conditioners are you planning to use? V05 Moisture Milks for the cowashing and Tresemme Naturals for the leave-in
What do you hope to achieve by cowashing? Increase in moisture and less tangling
How often (if ever) will you use shampoo? Once a week with an sls-free shampoo

My starting pics are attached. First one is the bottom layer and the second one is the top layer. I need to take some better ones later.

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 43
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    109.3 KB · Views: 38

Ann0804

I'm in,
I'll be co washing twice a week with Bee Mine, Jessicurl, AO, or Shea Moisture products.
I will be shampooing once a week. I'm hoping that frequent co washing leads to better retention of moisture.

Last edited:

faithVA

.......................1x a week

.......................Deva Care One, Deva Curl One until I use them up.

.......................Help heal my scalp. My hair dries out after 2 or 3 days so I need a mid-week cowash to rehydrate.

How often (if ever) will you use shampoo?
.......................Once a week on wash days. But I may switch over to a cleansing conditioner before the end of the year.

Forever in Bloom

I'd like to join! I haven't used 'poo in about 2 months.
I plan on co-washing once a week with Wen, Tresemme, Ren, As I Am Coconut CoWash, or whatever I have laying around.
I hope to achieve more moisture and length retention. It's why I'm joining now.
I'll only shampoo if I plan on flat ironing.
I'll post a pic soon as I wash again.

Last edited:

MaraWithLove

I'm in!

How many times per week will you cowash? At least 2x-my hair is in mini braids right now
What conditioners are you planning to use? Tresemme Naturals, V05 Conditioners
What do you hope to achieve by cowashing? Moisture retention
How often (if ever) will you use shampoo? 1x a month or less

I'll have to take a sufficient starting picture; till then here's a length check (in a twist-out) from late August and a picture of my hair after co-washing

Attachments

• IMG_20120825_132336.jpg
    IMG_20120825_132336.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20120825_132624.jpg
    IMG_20120825_132624.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20120831_101209.jpg
    IMG_20120831_101209.jpg
    305.4 KB · Views: 46

Onhergrind09

How many times per week will you cowash? 1-2x's week
What conditioners are you planning to use? The plethora of conditioners that I have
What do you hope to achieve by cowashing? Upping moisture and keeping my hair feeling & smelling nice since I'll be working out 3-4times a week
How often (if ever) will you use shampoo? Once a week

AtlantaJJ

Thanks for mentioning me. I'm not co-washing regularly now, I'm on a wash once per week regimen which includes co-washing and sulfate free shampoo once per month. I am going to give frequent co-washing and wash-n-go's another try next summer.

youwillrise

MUST:
Post a starting pic and ending pic.

will post one here when i get my phone working...or when i find my camera.

How many times per week will you cowash? - 1 condition RINSE per week (midweek) & 1 condition WASH per week (weekend)
What conditioners are you planning to use? different things, a mixture of things...
What do you hope to achieve by cowashing? more moisture retention, cleansing while reducing the amount shampoos/soapy cleansers are used, growth
How often (if ever) will you use shampoo? will use shampoo bars or bentonite when i see fit. maybe every couple of weeks?

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon

Co-washed last night with Trader Joe's Tingle Treat Conditioner.

NaturalfienD

I am still in this challenge!! I will post a picture of my hair later this month because my hair is in mini braids at the moment. :) But I got you tho ...

For the last quarter of the challenge, my goal is to cowash at least three times a week ...

Honey, I have fallen in L-O-V-E with EveryDay Shea Lavender Conditioner. That is what I will use for the rest of this year.

I hope to promote growth and healthier hair.

I wash with diluted shampoo bi-weekly. I only apply to my scalp, then I scrub-a-dub-dub once, and rinse out. I do a half an ounce of V05 Tea Tree shampoo and a half an ounce of my conditioner so it is not too harsh ... I add water and a little oil in the applicator bottle, as well.

HHG Ladies!!!

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn

Co washed last night with some V05 Blackberry Sage Tea mixed with some Suave Almond and Shea Butter.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•

I'm still in :grin:
I'll cowash 2xs a week.
Thursdays and Tuesdays.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•

How many times per week will you cowash? --1-2xs
What conditioners are you planning to use? VO5 moisture milk
What do you hope to achieve by cowashing? -- clean scalp and moisturized hair
How often (if ever) will you use shampoo?-- 2xs a month

TopShelf

Sewing & Growing Gamma Gal

Diva_Esq thanks for the mention. I am out of this round due to my protective style not allowing regular cowashes.

Much Success Everyone!

Prettycoach

Good evening ladies. I would like to join. Diva_Esq

I am going to cowash either 2x a week or 1x a week depending on my schedule. The conditioners I will be using is trader how's nourishing spa and As I Am coconut cleanser. I hope to achieve healthy, moisturizing, thick hair. I am just giving up shampoo. So I will shampoo probably every 2 months maybe.

Attachments

• image-2155563312.jpg
    image-2155563312.jpg
    434.1 KB · Views: 20

Lexsmarie

Diva_Esq

Attached is starting pic as of 09/26/2012.

I will cowash 1-2 times per week.

I like to use V05 Milk Moisturizers and sometimes V05 Clarify Conditioner. I will occasionally use HE Hello Hydration.

I hope to retain length and thicker, moisturized hair.

I will use shampoo only when I see my hair stylist (once per month)

Attachments

• Hair 9-26-2012.jpg
    Hair 9-26-2012.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 26

Ogoma

ETA: Forgive my rudeness. I am in and thanks for the mention.

My starting and ending pic will probably not look any different due to shrinkage, but I am about an inch from APL. When I straighten in December for the first time in 18 months, I will post a pic. I hope I am not to lazy to straighten.

How many times per week will you cowash? Any time I work out, which should be 4-5x a week; co-cleanse 1x a week.

What conditioners are you planning to use? Curl Junkie Smoothing Conditioner, Trader Joe Tea Tree Tingle, Trader Joe Refresh Conditioner.

What do you hope to achieve by cowashing? moisturized and clean hair and scalp; I do not experience dryness when I co-wash regularly.

How often (if ever) will you use shampoo? 1-2x a year. I am 99% cone-free so shampoo is not a must for me.

Last edited:

APrayer4Hair

Thanks for the mention Diva_Esq I'm in again!

MUST:
Post a starting pic and ending pic:

image-3182879840.jpg
Shrunken fro

image-647422716.jpg

picked out

How many times per week will you
Daily
Tresemme naturals, AO GPB, suave naturals

What do you hope to achieve by
Increased moisture, length retention

As needed (KC come clean)

Last edited:

Ogoma

co-washing with CJ Smoothing Conditioner