Shocking Hair Confessions 2008: The Raw Edition!

flowinlocks

I confess: MT seems to be working overnight!
I confess: since joining LHCF I'm semi obsessed with my hair :ohwell:
I confess: I'm 4 weeks post relaxer and it's getting harder to lay down all this NG :yep:
I confess: I'm struggling not to become a product junkie!!!:wallbash:
I confess: can't stop playing with NG
I confess: still sleeping in on a drying cotton case:nono:

Awesome thread!
I haven't been too naughty... Although I have been wearing my hair out every day swanging it, while I'm on a hide your hair challenge...oh well.

AlkalineSteam

great thread:

I confess:

* I'm not convinced that I can grow long hair. Heck, I'm not convinced my hair will EVER touch my shoulders.
* I'm jealous of my best friend's growth. Her curls, ponytails, and buns annoy me because 1 year ago my hair was longer.
* I'm considering going back to the weekly salon visits even though they take too long.
* I used to blame my stylist for my hair not growing.
* The shampoo tech took much better care of my hair than I ever will.
* I'm a PJ and will buy whatever my stylist is using or someone else with my dream hair is using.
* I will always use heat - hood dryer, blow dryer, flat iron once a week - even though everyone hear says that's too much.
* I try rollersetting once a year, it doesn't work, and I give up.
* Multi-vitamins broke me out and I have sworn them off forever. I'm not sacrificing my skin (its a mess now) for hair or health.
* I'm certain that all the alcohol I drink takes a toll on my hair and body.
* I don't work out when my hair is cute.

Oh, um, I should stop, although I could go on all day....

The Princess

I confess I been cowashing cause Im to lazy to prepoo, wash and DC. On top of that, my scalp been itching like crazy and I just been relying on the Aloe Vera gel to stop it, instead of washing my hair. I also work out 4-5 times a week and Im still co washing. I confess im lazy with my hair this week.

The Princess

I confess that ..

Although I'm supposedly so determined not to wear my hair til the end of August, I comb it and load it with condish so I can compare the wet length it is and was.

I'm getting spiral curls .. loose ones and 2 weeks and I'm gonna stretch them so I can see my progress.

I'm sitting around the house in front of the AC with no scarf on .. letting my ends rub up on my teeshirt.

I'm doing braidouts for the rest of the cowashing challenge, not buns because this shrinkage is making my bun look anorexic.

I wanted to do damp buns for the rest of the summer because every cm counts. I want my APL ALREADY:wallbash:

From the bolded- Im going on week 5 of my relaxer, and in week 4 my bun look so full, now it look anorexic, I guess it is from the frequent co washing. I was just comparing pics and was about to get depressed. I confess if I would have Prepoo, wash and DC, I wouldn't be having this problem. I confess im lazy this week. Today is Sat, and Im still not doing it tonite either. I confess. :ohwell:

The Princess

I confess now im with LHCF and learned the good and bad of products I leave my old bad prodcuts in the community area for grabs instead of throwing them away. Knowing they are bad. OKAY IM EVIL for doing that. I CONFESS

But I spent money on them and maybe someone else can use them.

Ladyhenri

I just reelaxed my hair...she did the roots as normal then combed relaxer through the entire hair...with my permission:ohwell:

(my hair has been badly under processed since last september)

Its now very veeerrrrry thin:nono:

ImFree27

I confess that I hate my hair right now, I hate braidouts, twists, twistouts, buns and everythin in between, I'm about to wig it, because I'm tierd of dealing with it and I sometimes fantasize about getting relaxed hair and I too want some breast enhancement pill for longer hair and of course bigger breast..

glamazon386

I confess that I really have no regimen. I just kinda do what I feel like doing when I feel like doing it.

I'm not into my hair like I used to be. Most days it's in a messy bun on top of my head.

The Girl

I confess that I really have no regimen. I just kinda do what I feel like doing when I feel like doing it.

I'm not into my hair like I used to be. Most days it's in a messy bun on top of my head.

You are working the heck out the style in your siggy!

sillygirl82

I confess:
1. I still slip up and comb from root to end
2. I like Carol's Daughter healthy hair butter.
3. I wear my hair down every day. I use remington hot rollers in my hair Monday - Friday.
4. I blow dry before I flat iron. Air drying is not my friend.
5. I have a few strands of white hair in my head. I use them as hair growth markers.:spinning:
6. I don't know how I got my edges to fill back in, but I did and I'm as happy as I can be.

ebonimama

I wore my hair down very briefly after a touch up and my best girl friend who recently cut her mbl hair back to sl, was so incredulous when she saw my hair. She kept commenting that she's never seen my hair as long as it is (we've been friends for 27 years). She kept commenting on how pretty and healthy it is. I got the feeling that she was a little jealous of my hair because she's always been the one with the long pretty hair. I secretly reveled a little bit in her envy. When she commented on my shine I shared my secret weapon with her and even sent her home with a jar of it (coconut oil).

TwistedRoots

Back2Life Back2ReLaxer!
I confess that I have hair anorexia and its all you guys fault! I'm starting to think that APL might be enough...

I also confess that I think hair that is not APL or longer looks ridiculous down...unless its a short cut and styled... :look:

miss Congeniality

I confess that for the last year I have been terrible to my hair. I haven't been doing any of the things that I know I should be doing. I rarely moisturize, have constant friction, using too much heat, and been rough on my ends & edges. I want the rewards without the work.

vnaps

there are a lot of confessions out there....its great to know we are all human...my confession....well i can forget bout doing my hair (moisturizing, baggy, co wash) once in a while but when i do get to do it i do a good job.

Last edited:

MissLeo

Hi,

Could you please tell me the name of the breast enhancement product and vitamins you were using when you experienced an increase in breast size after using it for a month?

Thanks so much,
Sadie

I confess that I'd never told my mom that I accidently cut her hair while I was trying to cut those strings off her hair, she still think it was damaged from the weave, she blamed on person who did her hair. :perplexed:perplexed:perplexed

I took breast enchancement pills last month while with hair vitamins to make my hair grows faster, It really works! I got hair about 1 1/2 inch a month but I stopped because my breasts gained and firm from 36A to 34B. I didnt want to mention this because I think it too wierd to admit about this. :perplexed

I hate to have my hair swanging front of my face, it keep pokin in my eyes and make me want to cut it all off! :lachen::wallbash:

I dont know how to rollset! :wallbash:

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I confess.. I fall asleep with my wig on some nights.. and don't care one bit..

I sometimes tear our my single strand knots when I don't have my scissors and a mirror nearby..

Calia001

sometimes my hair annoys the crap out of me, its dry always and no humectants work. carrot oil makes it snappy and shea butter creme makes it mushy.... then snappy.
i bought pc for help and lacio lacio for more help.

my hair is making me a pj

aquajoyice

I've been so lllaaaazy with my hair lately that I haven't done a REAL detangle in like 2 weeks. I did a half azzz co-wash last night becuase I didn't feel like going through the whole process.

Another confession is i'm really thinking about going natural but wonder how I would deal with it since i'm sooo lazy now? Would my hair turn into a rats nest? Or would I let it get so matted that I grew dreads? LOL Anything is possible hahahaha

aquajoyice

You sound a lot like me!! I feel better now knowing i'm not the only one that just kinda does whatever..... LOL

Barbie83

I confess......I haven't had a trim in over a year :blush:

I confess......A couple nights a week I fall asleep without a scarf on :blush:

I confess......no matter how much fun I have wearing twistouts and cute buns, I will ALWAYS feel sexiest with my hair blow-dried and flat-ironed :blush:

SmilingElephant

I confess that i want to flat iron my hair tomorrow.....but i don't know. :look:

I've been slacking on my DC'ing

I don't know what else....i guess i've been babying my hair. :) For the most part.

ChristmasCarol

I confess that I don't use any products other than cheap conditioner and EVOO...guess the beauty supply people prolly hate people like me.

bestblackgirl

I confess......I haven't had a trim in over a year :blush:

I confess......A couple nights a week I fall asleep without a scarf on :blush:

I confess......no matter how much fun I have wearing twistouts and cute buns, I will ALWAYS feel sexiest with my hair blow-dried and flat-ironed :blush:

Me too to the bolded

Stella B.

I confess..for the first time ever, I didn't feel the urge to run out of the rainforest at the zoo because I knew they'd turn the water misters on big time, and my hair would go poof!! I walked in there with such a nonchalant attitude; me and my 8 months post, 3 and 1/2 inches of new growth felt no shame, and secretly loved all the moisture we got! :lachen:

chebaby

i confess......i thought this pj thing would stop once i've found what works but i just like to buy stuff.

i confess.....i am so inlove with my hair right now.

i confess.....i wish my hair were thicker.