Shocking Hair Confessions 2008: The Raw Edition!

DivaD04

I confess to....
dropping out of all my challenges
I just don't feel like doing anything to my hair
wearing my hair slicked back w/a duckbill clip n bandana
used heat today
going to be wearing my hair slick'd for a while

SelfStyled

I still have no idea of how to really know when my hair "needs" protein.

I have NEVER done the aphogee 2 step

Dposh167

- I cut dry ends knowing that they're not split (isn't that the dumbest thing to do...and i wonder why i don't have length)

- I usually wait 3 weeks after my touch up to wash my hair...i just can't help it...i LOOOOOVE that freshly permed hair...when ur edges are all straight....

-i will not be posting my 1 year updates in oct. due to my obsessive trimming disorder and slow growth:ohwell:

- i wear fake hair everyday... i mean everyday....but i blend it ever so nicely:grin:

- i take care of my hair more than other things:perplexed:perplexed:wallbash:

chocolatethai

i confess that i dont like con green lable, it did nothing for me and i hated how it left my hair smelling

*exits thred befor the stones start being thrown*

msa

i confess that i dont like con green lable, it did nothing for me and i hated how it left my hair smelling

*exits thred befor the stones start being thrown*

OT: I just went to the blog that you linked in your siggy and it's HILARIOUS. Thanks for my laugh of the day!

Pheonixx

I confess...

1. I think the 'Nutcracker Incident' with Jesse Jackson was funny as hell. I'm laughing right now! Jesse said he wanted to snatch Obama's 'boys' off....goodness. Who knew he could be this way? Now Jesse's been in enough interviews to know that mics are extra sensitive. (LOL) Jesse just doing thangs--he don't even know why. Just trippin. I think when you reach a certain age, you just...really don't give a damn anymore. That being said, I can't WAIT 'til I'm old! And no--this doesn't have anything to do with hair. But ppl tend to look at me and shake their heads when I confess that out loud...

2. I wish Brad and Angelina would do something about their black adoptive daughter's hair (lil Maddox too). It's all over the place... I think a support group is sorely needed for brown children who are adopted/birthed by white folks who can't do their hair...

I never use gloves to henna my hair.

I never used gloves when I relaxed my hair, either.

I'm transitioning and it's wayyy easier than I thought it'd be.

. I don't like the appearance of 'beady beads'.

I don't like the appearance of dreds on a man. Long hair looks effeminate on men.

8. Henna changed my hair texture

9. Hair grows best when you leave it alone.

. I can't keep my fingers out of my hair.

I can't stop admiring my curls in the mirror.

I can see why some people have issues with natural hair worn in the workplace. This is coming from a tiff I got into with my 2 cousins. Just as there are dred-heads who know they need to get their sh*t tightened and washed, there are natural hair wearers that go natural and lose their minds. It's like 'natural' is a hairstyle, by itself. Most naturals look nice. But there's always gotta be ONE who throws it off and screws it up for everyone.

Cousin1 " Man, **** this and **** them c*****s. They just racist against n****s...I'on't give a damn...I'm wearing my hair--**** that..."
Cousin2"...and how you gon sit up and tell somebody they wrong to wear they hair the way God made it. This s**t happens all the time on Wall-Street. You Obviously out of touch with your blackness!"

Y'know, my family makes my nerves so bad sometimes.
>>sigh<<
Why black folks always hollarin about what they ain't gon do?
Wall-street...:rolleyes:
Whatever--this fool is a handicapped greeter at Wal-mart. He better be doing what them ppl tell him to do!
No, do not feel sorry him. I love my kinfolk, but--uh uh...do not feel sorry for this ornery man!
He's one of those 'MEAN Handicaps'. He will cuss you out in a second.
The workplace has a standard for dress and appearance. Nobody would have an issue with him if he didn't put forth so much effort into looking like a damn 'picanniny'. I wish ya'll could have seen this disheveled, lop-sided monstrosity sitting atop this man's head. Like he just woke up, pushed the dog off of it, shook it out and went on to work. Just looking 'ate up' for no good reason. Like somebody balled him up and threw him away. ...and he has the nerve to hollar racism. And my other cousins are just feeding into the nonsense. 'Now Obviously--there is somethin going on with this here supervisor a yours'.
I could just slap them all 'cross the forehead. One after another.

>>takes deep breath<<
Well--I'm transitioning...but MY edges are driving me freaking crazy! Had a minor setback and it's shorter. My hair really doesn't 'bead' up but I can't stand the way it looks. So I've been texlaxing my hairline until it reaches an acceptable length.

I promise to stop (in a month or two).

>>runs out of thread<<<

Last edited:

Pheonixx

>>pops back in thread<<<

I also confess that I

14. hate that I have 3 different textures on my head
15. hate my relaxed ends with a murderous passion. I just want to cut them off.
16. could never rock a TWA...because I have a big head. LOL. Hey--it's called 'Limits'. E'rybody ain't able...
17. just resumed cowashing last week after a 2 week hiatus.
18. will NEVER stop cowashing my hair for a long period of time. I was beginning to break.
19. never really need half the crap I buy. I just like to be in my hair. Doing things to it....for no good reason.
20. wonder if these growth aids actually work for ppl
21. Couldn't be counted on take them even if they did. I can't even remember to take these damn hair vitamins and biotin pills...
22. Wonder if these vitamins and pills actually work.
23. Only know how to do braid-outs. I'm still figuring our how to do 3-strand twists.

Last edited:

metalkitty

Hehehe, fun thread! I confess that....
-After years of on and off anemia I'm finally getting my iron tested later today, this could be the culprit to my chronic hair breakage and and a big lack of progress despite doing everything 'right'.
-I waited way to long to get a trim but took off a good inch or so of thin, tangled ends... Now I feel the need for a growth aid and some silky dreds.
- I'm tempted to dye my hair sometime in the future once I really get my hair on point and keep it that way for a few months.
- I really need a new hairstyle, pigtails have been my main style for too long....
- If there was no product like porosity control I think my hair would die, it majorly boosts any conditioner I mix it with.

tocktick

sometimes, i rake my hands through my hair and if i hit a snag, i snap through hair. i'm trying to stop. :look:

the scissors are only ever 5 secs from my reach at home but i always just pull the strand straight out :perplexed.

i think if i straightened my hair, the effects of the aforementioned crap would be obvious in the form of damaged looking hair :yawn:.

i'm bored, tired and sometimes frustrated with my hair more now than ever.

i don't care for shrunken fros on me but i feel like doing that for the next 6-12 months because i'm sick of dealing with my hair.

75% of the styles i do look like :censored:. with length and more practice, this should change.

cocoaluv

• I cant style my hair for ish
  • I use Mega-Tek twice a day and I do see a difference.
  • This is the longest I have ever stretched and its scaring the crap out of me.
  • I wish I could do a decent twist/braid out. I go on peoples foki's and I STILL cant get it right. Like I CAN do it but as usual one side looks good and the other side looks all retarded.
  • I wish I had the balls to BC but my head is friggen HUGE. I dont want to expose anyone to that with a short do.
  • I have pretty much dropped outta my challenges because I am now too lazy to do a rollerset even once a week.

Last edited:

Determined22

I confess that...

*I'm so blah about my hair right now. I'm stuck at near-APL :ohwell: and I have zero motivation to do my hair.

*I'm not as gentle with my hair as I should be

*I hate sitting under the dryer with a passion, but I love styles like rollersets and braidouts.

*Airdrying is so not my friend, but I do it anyway :nono:

*I think I want a cute half-wig, but then I'd still have to style the front of my hair and I'm too lazy for all that.

Ladyhenri

Loove this thread whips....it reassures me... (other folks being naughty too..Tut Tut ladies........

Now my confessions
  • I stopped all Supplements and growth aides since Dec last year.
  • I never detangle my hair properly(for fear of loosing it) but once i relax, My hair gets very roughly detangled (by hairdresser) cos its a mass of knots (and dread locks)by this time...(every time i've moaned about a set back @ the hairdressers, its for this reason):ohwell:
  • Other than spraying my hair with sta sof fro when it feels dry, and occasionally using my Profectiv break free (once a month), i dont moisturise or seal.
  • I love it when pple IRL tell me my hair looks like a weave and even do the weave check.
  • I still secretly believe that mixed chicks grow their hair a looot quicker than pple like me...
Tis all

Ladyhenri

(One last one) I just looked at my siggie,

i dont intend to trim gradually and head for BSL...

I intend to head for BSL, raggedy ends an all:look:

I confess that...

*I'm so blah about my hair right now. I'm stuck at near-APL :ohwell: and I have zero motivation to do my hair.

I feel the same way u do, I am STILL waiting for my hair reach to APL!!!! :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: It almost about one inch or two left to get there but important that we got to be patient :yep: You arent the only one.

LadyPaniolo

I confess:

- I really can't style my natural hair, and have given up trying.

- I have gone months without DCing.

- I'm still kicking myself in the @$$ for "trimming" 3 or more inches off at my nappiversary. If I had that length back now, I'd be a hop, skip and a jump from BSL in the back. :wallbash:

- I take Vitamins For The Hair from Puritan's Pride, and they make my scalp itch so intensely that it literally makes me queasy... I scratch like a wild animal... but I still take them anyway. DH looks at me like :perplexed

- Once my hair reaches WL I fear I will be SOOOOOOO tempted to relax. I know that if I do, DH will be happy, despite all the neo-nappy political rants he went on to get me to go natural. :nono:

- I'm so proud of DD's WL hair. I can't wait till both she and I are at classic length. People will be hating so tough, and I'll be like :grin:

kismettt

straightening my hair now is a million times more work than it was when i was relaxed & thats the main reason i dont straighten it

when my hair was out, i straightened my bangs every day. my forehead is large & im already itching to take out my braids.

i dont do protein treatments, ever.

i detangle maybe once every 1.5 weeks & im not gentle. but believe when i go to a salon & they're rough, i give them the evil eye....

i dont really pay attention to the effects products have on my hair. i dont know if my hair is soft because i cowash daily, or because of the moisturizer i use or if thats just how my natural texture is now that im not frying the crap out of it.

i was distressed to see Lusters is the manufacturer of S-Curl.

i chop away at my hair when i get bored. i dont even know if i have relaxed ends left but i still am like *snip* *snip*. plus my hair grows pretty fast so its not a major concern, even though chopping off 2 inches every few weeks is just stupid considering the rate of hair growth will not exceed the inches i cut off :ohwell:

freshlikemoi

Damn! I have been using heat and only using oil as a coat. I haven't really moisturized in a while. uh! I feel awful..lol

blkbeauty

I confess...

1. I don't know how to properly wash my hair and I believe caused my breakage for years
2. I don't have a set regimen in washing my hair. Sometime a couple of days per week to once a month. It all depends on the style of my hair and buildup.

stormy07

I confess I wear my hair in an bun everyday
I confess I'm thinking about dying my hair.....dark blue or reddish
I confess I keep forgetting to take my MSM...
I confess I don't know how to cornrow or french braid and it drives me nuts
I confess I rarely deep condition but my hair is still thriving
I confess I'm kinda styling-challenged
I confess I hate how chlorine makes my hair feel but dang it I love swimming

amara11

I confess....

I haven't gotten a trim or dusting since Nov. 07 and I don't plan on getting one anytime soon either hmmph.

I haven't found a conditioner yet that really softens my hair - even though I've been looking for 3 years now :(

I don't do protein treatments at all either.

My K.I.S.S routine is out of sheer laziness- not some hair moral that I follow out of virtue ;)

Simply_Kelz

I confess that ..

Although I'm supposedly so determined not to wear my hair til the end of August, I comb it and load it with condish so I can compare the wet length it is and was.

I'm getting spiral curls .. loose ones and 2 weeks and I'm gonna stretch them so I can see my progress.

I'm sitting around the house in front of the AC with no scarf on .. letting my ends rub up on my teeshirt.

I'm doing braidouts for the rest of the cowashing challenge, not buns because this shrinkage is making my bun look anorexic.

I wanted to do damp buns for the rest of the summer because every cm counts. I want my APL ALREADY:wallbash:

Ebony Majesty

I don't comb my hair
I don't brush my hair (oh wait, only a boar bristle brush to smooth down the front when doing a puff)
I sleep without a satin scarf sometimes :look: or if I'm wearing it, and it falls off while I'm sleeping, I'm not too concerned anymore (they smush my curls :()

MissNina

Libra Girl
I confess that. . .

I don't take as good care of hair to the front of my ear as I do the rest

I don't moisturize daily like I should - out of pure laziness

I kind of want to but am completely scared of going natural

I have had a bottle of MT for about 3 weeks that I haven't used at all (fear of shedding)

I fault myself often for taking my hair for granted and cutting it when it was well on it's way to BSL :wallbash:

I am notorious for sleeping in my half-wig

I trust my stylist more than almost anyone when it comes to hair

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

I often don't wrap my hair at night and since the top is shorter due to some damage but is nicely growing out, I look like I'm getting ready for a pow wow. Think head regalia. I'm not in a relationship and can afford to wake up as such as I'll not be scaring the daylight into anybody.

NigerianGirl

I confess.......
I have not washed my hair since July 17, 2008
I am afraid to find out if my hair will revert from my press that I got in July from GROOVE 492
I've been slipping on the vits
I want to cut my hair and start all over:ohwell:

STLCoverGirl

I confess....

I sleep on rough cotton pillowcases...erry night.

I love to "airdry" my hair in the summer months by sticking my head out the car windw and opening the sunroof(imagine Jim Carey in Pet Detective):nono:

I can't remember the last time I took a vitamin

I still don't have my wash-n-go routine down...I use different products all the time, and none of them give me the exact results I want.

If I have a big event coming up, the first thing I think about...even before an outfit is "what am I going to do with my hair?"

I want a sleek bob soo bad.

2inspireU

I confess that I'd never told my mom that I accidently cut her hair while I was trying to cut those strings off her hair, she still think it was damaged from the weave, she blamed on person who did her hair. :perplexed:perplexed:perplexed

I took breast enchancement pills last month while with hair vitamins to make my hair grows faster, It really works! I got hair about 1 1/2 inch a month but I stopped because my breasts gained and firm from 36A to 34B. I didnt want to mention this because I think it too wierd to admit about this. :perplexed

I hate to have my hair swanging front of my face, it keep pokin in my eyes and make me want to cut it all off! :lachen::wallbash:

I dont know how to rollset! :wallbash:

Please tell what breast enhancement pills/vitamin you took that made you go from an A cup to a B cup. I need those pills ASAP!