Hair Haters: Yes...again...

chayil0427

I know the hair hater topic is wide spread on the forum, but I had to share my own story.

I've been doing this hair thing for a while, and I have a friend (who washes her hair with body wash btw) that is an enormous hair hater.

When I'm celebrating new lengths she remarks that her hair was longer but she cut it back...but not because it was damaged. Yea...riiiiiiiight.

So anyway...I showed her macherieamours blog on www.healthytextures.com ... and my friend was all...eeew... I hate her...that's a weave.

She said the same thing last night when I was on CarolsDaughter.com and was reading about Jada.

Why can't people just be real. This is my length...this is what I do/don't do...this is what I cut and why...and be happy to complement others on their hair growth.

As I'm approaching a solid shoulder length and hoping for health APL this coming year I can't wait to shake my stuff in her face. I'm not one to flaunt but some girls/hatas just deserve it.

Why do girls have to PRETEND like they have this amaizing head of hair, and when they see someone who really does have an amaizing head of hair be full of hate and trying to imply that she has a weave. :mad:

Perhaps it's time I find some new friends.

Chayil

balisi

Haters are always going to be there. Just ignore the hateration and do your thing. She doesn't sound like much of a friend anyway.

Cayenne0622

I agree with Balisi. I know someone like that. Its all so trivial and ridiculous but its amazing that it actually gets us worked up too. Human emotions are something else!

Last edited:
chayil0427 said:
Why do girls have to PRETEND like they have this amaizing head of hair, and when they see someone who really does have an amaizing head of hair be full of hate and trying to imply that she has a weave. :mad:

Chayil

10 characters that's all they get- do not energize them

Last edited:

Qetesh

WOW i didnt even know people that hated that consistantly existed.

I had a friend not exactly like yours but similar. she would comment how if she didnt relax her hair it would be just like mine, but better only she chooses to relax it because she is used to it. mind you she had neck length hair and I am mid-back. it wasnt just that what made me cut her out of my life it was alot of other comments and putting my choices down constantly, after a while you start to realize this person isnt really looking out for you, or they are so insecure with themselves that its hard to trust them. people who hate on hair usually hate about ALOT of other things as well.

i hope u can find a way to let her know it bothers you and keep the friendship if thats what you want.

I am working on being as positive as possible and that includes who I choose to surround myself with.

Last edited:

caribeandiva

Human being
Haters will be haters. i had to deal with my friends telling me that i can't grow my hair long cause it's never grown past neck-length. now that my hair is almost shoulder length i don't hear a peep from them when i wear it down. I agree with the ladies that said people hate because they're insecure about themselves and other things. It took me a while to realize this.

CaramelMiSS

caribeandiva said:
Haters will be haters. i had to deal with my friends telling me that i can't grow my hair long cause it's never grown past neck-length. now that my hair is almost shoulder length i don't hear a peep from them when i wear it down. I agree with the ladies that said people hate because they're insecure about themselves and other things. It took me a while to realize this.

I hate people like this, who try to discourage others from their dreams and hopes!:mad: It pisses me off when I here stories like these how can these so called friends call themselves your friend when they clearly are not being friendly. I had a friend like this and it took me 4 years until I saw that I had to cut her loose. Mind you this was after a whole lot of drama

angie10

TINKABELLE said:
INSECURITIES!! That is the primary reason why she is (un/intenionally) dissing on your hair as well!

Insecure people usually carry around negative energy, and tend to have loser and hater tendencies. I would not cast her off just because of this one incident. But if you have certain goals, be careful who you align yourself among so that their negativity won't reflect on your hair goals. Turn her negative comments to a positive and continue your hair goals! And remember to:D

I totally agree with that statement:)

angie10

I totally feel you on what you're saying. I usually try and ignore haters, they can hate all they want as long as they don't step to me with all that craziness.

Wishin4BSL

I totally understand how you feel. One of my best friends has super short hair and insists that hers is so much thicker and longer than mine and she's chin length with horribly damaged hair and she let her new stylist mess up her gorgeous hair (that she used to have 2 years ago). She goes to this woman once a week now because the woman insisted that she could grow her hair. I've suggested a bunch of times that she should try another stylist or do her own hair, but she's always like, "No, I'm going to give it like six months." If you go from thick, pretty SL to VERY thin, damaged chin length in less than a year, wouldn't you just leave the woman? I would post her before and after pics if it wasn't such an invasion of privacy. I just wish she would listen to me because I really care about her, but people will make their own decisions.

tsiporah

Cayenne0622 said:
I agree with Balisi. I have someone like that in my life but she is family. If I cut my hair short and get too much attention from it then she cuts her hair short. If I talk about going super short then she runs out and goes super short to beat me to the punch. At that point, I decided to grow out and as soon as I started getting too much attention about how much my was growing, she started growing her hair out and CONSTANTLY commenting on how she liked my hair short. She's basically trying to discourage me from growing it long. I just ignore her because I know what she's doing. Its all so trivial and ridiculous but its amazing that it actually gets us worked up too. Human emotions are something else!

When you get some length say you are going to cut it super duper short, then she'll get it cut, then say..aaawwww I change my mind.

chayil0427

TINKABELLE said:
INSECURITIES!! That is the primary reason why she is (un/intenionally) dissing on your hair as well!

Insecure people usually carry around negative energy, and tend to have loser and hater tendencies. I would not cast her off just because of this one incident. But if you have certain goals, be careful who you align yourself among so that their negativity won't reflect on your hair goals. Turn her negative comments to a positive and continue your hair goals! And remember to:D

Yep... I'm definately feeling her negative energy. I met her back when she was in college really broke with a crap car and unable to pay her bills. Now that she's out of school and has a come up she wants to hate on others. I'm like do you remember where you're from?

I think cutting her off may be the ticket. I'm tired of her negativity and her false representation of herself.

Chayil

pistachio

It's the same thing that overweight people have to deal with. As long as you're the fat sister, then your other sisters love, and wanna hang out around you, but lose alotta weight and become smaller than them, and then all of a sudden people try to encourage you to "go ahead and eat that (very fattening)dessert, I'm buyin'! My treat!" Same thing with hair. Saying things for example like "Your ends could use a trim. I can trim them, or have a lady I know do it for you if you want"--with the trim actually being 5 inches or something!