Hair Savings Challenge

La Colocha

Hi ladies i came up with this to save money for hair products, accessories ect. The point of this challenge is to save money for the things you want to get. There are really no rules, just post the amount you would like to save for the week and stick to it. Just check in once a week to see if you met your goal. Anyone and everyone is welcome. There is no deadline and you can start anytime.

Goals for the week of september 1-6, 2009.

My goal this week is to save $20.00 for future hair care purchases.

Eta: There is no set amount you have to save. Just do with what your comfortable with even if its a dollar that's ok.

Sapphire_chic

i'm saving for a maxiglide. 10 pounds a week. i hope to order it by late october :) then i want to save for a couple of wigs.
i'm starting next week :)

keysha1983

I am saving $20.00 this week for my trip to Sally's. I need some Silk Elements products. Or maybe I will finally purchase some MegaTek. Or maybe I will start to use Mane and Tail shampoos and conditioners. I am so confused!

KynniB

I do something like this. I made a paypal account and put 25.00 every paycheck. Never any more. So i can save for what i want or if theres nothing i want its like having a free money in a different account. I can buy a hair steamer now and wouldnt feel the hit on my wallet.

Last edited:

*fabulosity*

OK.. you finally get me into one of these "challenges".. you know I don't do them... but this one I can try for..

I'm saving for a standing steamer, FHI Runway, and new storage for all my hair goodies...

La Colocha

OK.. you finally get me into one of these "challenges".. you know I don't do them... but this one I can try for..

I'm saving for a standing steamer, FHI Runway, and new storage for all my hair goodies...

I finally got you, this isn't bad at all.:kiss:

nikki2229

These are the SAME exact things that I am saving for.
What is your goal date?

LovingLengths

I will save $15 per week so that I will be able to buy a hair steamer, fund unexpected sales and for my next trip to the International Hair Show.

mariofmagdal

This one came at the right time. Just today I was thinking of how I could come up with the money to buy a good stash of JOICO products so that I can become a regular consistant user. I really love what it does for my daughters hair, but I used the stash on her and we are out. Two heads, and with my hair, it will always take more.

I suppose I can stash 30.00 a week on one of those prepaid cards, and have it be just for hair care. (my husband is due back in town next week for 2 1/2 weeks, this way I don't have to ask him to purchase.....while I am spending out of his pocket :0)

Great challenge!

La Colocha

Bumping, come on yall i know folks want steamers and pibbs and flat irons,hair products and everything else. I think im going to start saving for a steamer.:yep:

Last edited:

SUPER SWEET

A runway or platform FHI and a steamer...i need to have them by Dec. at the latest. 20.00 bucks per week in an old fashioned piggy bank :lol:

La Colocha

A runway or platform FHI and a steamer...i need to have them by Dec. at the latest. 20.00 bucks per week in an old fashioned piggy bank :lol:

And ain't nothin wrong with that, i have a clear one from the dollar store. I bought a few for things that im saving for.

La Colocha

:blush::look: Bumping this challenge, i have been lax on this, i did end up making goal.

For the week of september 28th though october 4th, my goal is to save $40 dollars.

nikki2229

Okay. I am crossing the runway off of my list as I purchased this today.
I am working unexpected shift this Sunday and it will more than cover the price of the Runway.
Next on the list is the stand up steamer. I will save the old fashioned way $10 a week for this and make sure I use my tabletop steamer to get some use out of it since its pratically unused.

iNicola

I'm in. I'm saving up for my steamer.

I've collected $37 so far. I won't take any money directly from my checking account. I plan on collecting money by selling a few things on Ebay, change received from any cash purchases, cash received after returning something I purchased on cash/check card. I might also use the money received from BOA Keep the Change program starting next month.

La Colocha

Okay. I am crossing the runway off of my list as I purchased this today.
I am working unexpected shift this Sunday and it will more than cover the price of the Runway.
Next on the list is the stand up steamer. I will save the old fashioned way $10 a week for this and make sure I use my tabletop steamer to get some use out of it since its pratically unused.

Nikki are there any difference between the 2 steamers, is one like they have where you can sit in a chair in the salon. And is the other where you just sit on the table? I know the stand up is probably bigger.

I'm in. I'm saving up for my steamer.

I've collected $37 so far. I won't take any money directly from my checking account. I plan on collecting money by selling a few things on Ebay, change received from any cash purchases, cash received after returning something I purchased on cash/check card. I might also use the money received from BOA Keep the Change program starting next month.

This is a good way to do it inicola. I will keep this bumped and stay more involved.:yep: