Sept-nov No Buy Challenge

YvetteWithJoy

On break
:wave:

Hi, ladies!

Miss you guys! :smile: I'm still on my social media hiatus until December 1 (it's been really good to focus in on fitness and family and other things), but I permitted myself to log in to post at a poignant thread.

While logged in, I thought I'd say hello, touch base, and give an update.

Update
I am so grateful for this thread and for growth in hair care knowledge and skills! I feel my hair is "solved!" :yep: :clapping: :pulpdance:

I have now found techniques, styling, tools, and products that have me LOVING my hair and LOSING very, very little hair and time. I'm so grateful and happy and excited and happy! :smile:

Annnnnnd . . . Because what I'm doing is working so well, my curiosity about lots of products has just dried up. :laugh: I don't even wanna play around with what's working. I won't mind trialing a few products every now-and-then, of course, but I feel NOTHING like I did before, when I felt like I needed to see if the NEXT thing might help, and then the NEXT and the NEXT . . . .

I knew deep down inside that I was not an actual product junkie (buying products just because) and was actually simply trying to solve problems and get time and hair health back, but still: It was getting to me all the invested time, money, thinking, products, etc.

Now that I can put that time and money and energy into others, into healthy eating, into fitness, etc., I'm just so relieved, glad, and peaceful! Now I'm able to do a personal body/spirit/hair challenge and keep myself on track via blogging.
Regimen is on lock and money and time are going to the right areas. :wiggle: God is good! :smile:

I hope everyone is doing well! Blessings, all! :heart:

Last edited:

CodeRed

Ok so I'm failing this challenge :lol: I've been participating in a few sales because I'm gearing up for next year... Gonna use up the rest of this stash and start on the stuff I'm buying now in January. My goal is to not have to buy anything next year because I'll be stocked up on my staples from good sales this year.

We'll see how that goes :lol:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My goals for this challenge:
1. develop and stick to a simple regimen
2. save $500 a month and use extra money to snowball debt
3. use em or lose em (find a use or give it away)
The challenge is almost over and I have achieved my goals! I have organized my products and I have pre planned wash days with whatever my hair needs at the moment.

CodeRed

@CodeRed I thought BF sales didn't count. I'll go back and check the original post.

They don't but I'm not sure if the ones I'm participating in are BF sales... For instance Target had that 25% coupon today and I just got some regular priced conditioner about a week ago... if the Target one is considered BF then I'm ok :lol:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
They don't but I'm not sure if the ones I'm participating in are BF sales... For instance Target had that 25% coupon today and I just got some regular priced conditioner about a week ago... if the Target one is considered BF then I'm ok :lol:
They are calling all the sales this week early BF sales. I'm getting emails from errbody... The only sale I may participate in is the Kerastase and thats a big maybe. They want me to spend $150 to get the discount...

Smiley79

@Smiley79 the new no buy starts in January. I'll start a new thread for sign ups next month. I didn't buy anything during BF either. I'm trying to save some serious coin.

Girl we in the same boat; and on top of that, I just got tired of looking at shelves and shelves of hair products in my bath room. Who knew I would suddenly get tired of the PJ life. :eek: I like that you allow sample purchases; usually that's all I need to find out if I really like a product or not. I can't believe I sat out this BF, but honestly, there will be other sales throughout the year. When I need something, I'll buy it.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
I didn't do any black friday shopping for hair products...was no need for anything new. I did purchase some home fragrance items and I put myself on a $50 budget for that.

I treated myself to a massage and a facial yesterday at the spa. My family was still out when I got done so I took a longggggg nap while they were away. It was well deserved "me" time.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'm down to the last few hair vitamins so I ordered another 90 day supply of Purvana hsn vitamins from Amazon. I should get them the first week of December.