Has anyone got the longest hair they ever had??

Blessed&higlyflavoured

This is the longest my hairs ever been in my adult life. when i was a child my hair was apl+, but i have no idea how or why because my mum looked after my hair and she is rough with a comb and still swears by pink oil moisturiser and johnsons baby lotion. smdh

I can say that this is the easiest i've ever retained length ever, and that makes me proud because i am 100% responsible for my hair.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
The longest was in my second or third year if high school I think. My hair was almost at BSL. It grew quickly because I was taking care if it myself. Then I went back to the salon and it was downhill. I'm at BSL now and this is the longest it's been to date I can say. I can't wait to see what happens from here.

Please excuse my iPhone; it's trying to get it together

SimJam

not there yet Im APL natural. I need to do a progress picture. Im working towards this

I was 10 years old here.

as a relaxed head I usually kept my hair between APL and BSL.

SweetSunshine

This is the longest my hair has ever been. My hair usually seemed to hover between shoulder and APL, but now I'm grazing BSL.

PennyK

My mom and aunt my have a different opinions, but I believe this is the longest my hair has been. I couldn't get past BSL for the longest time. I've gotten to WL twice and this is my third time working toward it again :)

bhndbrwneyes

I love that my mid-high, WNG pony reaches the same spot on my back as my pre-HHJ hair straightened and down would never seem to grow past.

VictoriaCrystal

My hair got to my waistline..started with a very short boy cut..relaxed..it happened because of the mantra that I had heard for 20 yrs..my hair won't grow..my hair won't grow..so I set out to prove it would and see just how long..it took 3 yrs. to get from boy to waist...mainly because of the way I combed it..now..I am natural.cut it all off and started again,applying same techniques..my album is charting the growth..been just over a year and it is growing and retaining growth..waistlength when it was relaxed was my cut off point..it would not get longer..the ends would split and I would have to cut it..we all have a growth cut off..but I am convinced,thru experience with me and clients..most of us can grow our hair longer than we realize.

koolkittychick

This is the longest my hair has ever been. As a child I always had hair that hovered at neck length stretched, ear length unstretched. I had natural hair until I was 18 years old and got my first relaxer, and it was cut into a pixie shag that was about neck length, which I kept variations of for about ten years. I tried growing it out a couple of times in my 20s and 30s, but it would only get to about SL before I would have a major set back and cut it back to my go to pixie shag. I didn't start seeing real progress in growing my hair out until about 4 years ago, when I turned 40. and even then it would get to just above APL and I would have a set back. Since I joined LHCF in the last year and a half, I have achieved full APL+ and am totally confident I will reach my goal of WL in less than 2 years. :yep:

Channy31

Yes,
Always been about APL natural. When I relaxed it was shoulder length.

Now im a few inches from waist length!
So so happy!

baddison

natural for good
Yes! Me, me! I've never been longer than shoulder length. Now I'm am about APL, and shooting for BSL by the end of the year. So this is definitely the longest my hair has been my entire life. :grin:

JessieLeleB

As far as me doing my own hair after my mother stopped when I was around 10ish YES, I'm full SL hitting APL as a 2 yr natural! I'm very proud of myself, always being NL...

Shadiyah

Yes! Me, me! I've never been longer than shoulder length. Now I'm am about APL, and shooting for BSL by the end of the year. So this is definitely the longest my hair has been my entire life. :grin:
baddison you are just about bsl in your siggy because your bra is very low and the right line is just below your shoulder blades.

marta9227

My hair was incredibly long (like hip length) as a child, but this (waist length) is by far the longest as an adult. I'm almost 6 feet tall, so waist length is a lot of hair, lol! Going for hip length by the end of the year and I'll probably stop there if my husband will let me, lol!

ckisland

My hair's the longest it's ever been at MBL. Almost, around, about APL was the longest I got to before and people used to think that that was long:perplexed. But like the poster up thread said, it's not enough. Most days my hair feels short and I'm going to need HL to feel better :lol:.

spellinto

I have the longest hair I've ever had in my entire life! I've never grown past APL and now I am about to claim TBL!

majinbuu252

No. My hair was the longest when I was transitioning (I got to waist). I was putting the shears to my hair too often until recently. So Im hoping to get back there since stepping away from them.

hillytmj

I would say yes. I'm WL now, although a few years back I reached my longest length at about 2 inches past WL. Before LHCF, my hair was APL most of my life.

luciole

Before joining LHCF my hair would always break off right at shoulder length. I relaxed at 12 and it just got worse until I wouldn't feel pretty without a weave or braids. I'm now a BSB natural pushing for MBL :yep:

LovelyNaps26

relaxed the longest my hair would get was stringy, raggedy ends BSL. it could look nice in between APL and BSL though.

natural for 5 years didn't get past Shoulder length.

Since LHCF i'm now at waist length and i think i can make it to hip length by the end of the year :grin:

emilymichelle

ig@ellehighon
My hair is the longest it's ever been as an adult. I think the longest it's been ever - like most of us I had "long" hair as a child, but it was obviously not something I paid much attention to then, so I would not be able to say how long. But given that my hair is literally on my back now - not just my shoulders - I am thinking it's possible.

RngdeCurls

Yay! My first post as a non-lurker :)

My hair is nearly the longest its ever been at about an inch or so above APL. The longest length I'd ever had was grazing APL, right after taking out a weave. My edges were thin, I had a bald patch at my widow's peak and 3 in. of damage. Needless to say, it was not pretty. After a really good trim and some TLC, I'm creeping up on APL again. LHCF has been a tremendous help.

Gryphyn

My hair is the longest it's ever been. It was ear length throughout my childhood and hovering around shoulder length in high school. In college I started my HHJ and went natural, but it never grew past CBL in the back and SL in the front. If someone told me my hair would be this length (and growing) as an adult I wouldn't have believed them.

Ogoma

I had long hair as a child, but it easy to have long hair when you are 3 feet tall. :lol:

I think at BSL, it would be the longest as an adult. I used to get bored with my hair and cut it every year.