What's the Longest Your Hair Has Been As An Adult?

What's the longest your hair has been as an adult (18 and above)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
Before I cut all my relaxed/texlaxed ends off. It was APL in the front, and a little past BSL in the back

ThickRoot

Between shoulder length and APL. I'm intetested how this hair growth journey goes...

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Long Hair Care Forum App

LilMissRed

Just past my shoulders, but I was relaxed and my hair was thin... I'm hoping to go beyond that now that Ive got some thickness and Im no longer using relaxers :yep:

Goombay_Summer

As an adult WSL but I had to recently trim it to MBL because the ends of my hair were painfully thin.

Last edited:

beanie44

What's the longest that your hair has ever been as an adult (let's say adult is 18 and older)? Right now I'm BSL this is the longest my hair has ever been as an adult
Is your hair currently that long or did you cut it, not take care of it, etc...
Yes I cut an inch or so off Jan 2011 because of knots, currently BSL not full yet hope to get there by SEP 2011
I thought my hair was terminally at SL...but I now know that's not true...What about you? My hair did pass SL a few time but I didn't have the knowledge to maintain it, always putting too much heat, and no protectant also DC what was that?...my future goals are full BSL..ultimately full WL with layers in a thick V shape, my hair seems to grow in this pattern anyway.

Missigirl

WSL this the length it is now stretched because I have about 4 inches natual hair. My hair has never been this long. Now I am transitioning......One of my sisters has offered me money to keep relaxing it. I would like to grow it this long without chemicals because it is so thin.:perplexed

4bslbound

Hi Ladies,

As I'm contemplating a length check, I was just remarking to myself that this is potentially the longest that my hair has been as an adult. I know that there was a thread that asked the same question but as a child and as a child, I was HL...but MBL :)pray: with this length check tonight) is longest that my hair has been as an adult...

So, here's the poll:

What's the longest that your hair has ever been as an adult (let's say adult is 18 and older)?

I thought my hair was terminally at SL...but I now know that's not true...What about you?[/QUOTE]

You had crazy long hair as a kid, why did you think it wouldn't grow past your shoulders:)? congrats on gaining growth and health:grin:

Janet'

Hi Ladies,

As I'm contemplating a length check, I was just remarking to myself that this is potentially the longest that my hair has been as an adult. I know that there was a thread that asked the same question but as a child and as a child, I was HL...but MBL :)pray: with this length check tonight) is longest that my hair has been as an adult...

So, here's the poll:

What's the longest that your hair has ever been as an adult (let's say adult is 18 and older)?

I thought my hair was terminally at SL...but I now know that's not true...What about you?[/QUOTE]

You had crazy long hair as a kid, why did you think it wouldn't grow past your shoulders:)? congrats on gaining growth and health:grin:

4bslbound because for years- like from 16-30 my hair was SL...I now use the term "terminal", but as I was dealing with it, I just thought- ok...I guess I have stunted my growth and SL must be the longest it would go...:spinning::spinning:

CamisCurlees

Janet'

Congrats on the growth and retaining more length!!!

My longest as an adult was btwn APL and BSL (closer to APL though). I ruined that with terrible hair practices-no protein, no moisture, no nuthin'! As a child it was between BSL and MBL with a nice press :yep:.

1rarejewel

As a child, I think my hair was a thick APL at most. At the age of 13 my aunt permed it and I was in the horrible cycle of perm, breakage, cut for about 14 years...never passing see through SL. I did the Brittany Spears in 2004 and had been stuck at SL since around 2006/early 2007, but in the last year or so I've noticed that I'm past SL (for the first time in my adult life). I voted current length as SL because I'm not sure I can claim APL yet, but I'm certainly past SL...woohooo for small victories!

LaFemmeNaturelle

I've only been over 18 for 3.5 years and I started my hair journey at 19. So reaching waist length during my hair journey was the longest. My hair had been back and forth between sl and apl since middle school (after I had my growth spurt).

MyAngelEyez~C~U

May, 2010

BCed June, 2010

bride91501

My hair is currently the longest it's ever been in my entire life. I'm full SL, a couple of inches from APL.

I've never had hair longer than neck length/grazing SL, and I never even thought it was possible for "my" kind of hair.

My current goal is WL :yep::grin:

RubyWoo

Layered between APL & BSL

No, I cut when I did my BC to become natural.

skegeesmb

The longest my hair has been in my adult life was mbl.

My hair is currently past sl, I had my hair dyed a few years ago and it fell out horribly, so I cut my hair to grow out the dye. Then I just said I'm just going to cut the relaxer off last year so I did. I'm hoping to be bsl by next year this time.

thenimblelife22

APL, my current length. I believe I was BSL as a kid, so when I get past there I will actually feel "accomplished" about my length, even though my ultimate goal is WL.