What's the Longest Your Hair Has Been As An Adult?

What's the longest your hair has been as an adult (18 and above)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ajargon02

Apl is the longest my hair has been as an adult. I had to cut to nape length due to damage.
As a child my hair was only nape length.

Janet'

I really want to get to waist length. I'm more knowledgeable about my hair this time around and know what grows it. I went from shoulder to past Bsl pretty quickly. I had some set backs though.

It sounds like you know what your hair needs, so WL is attainable! Happy Hair Growing!!!

Janet'

I'm transitioning to natural hair. Stretched out now, my natural hair is APL at its longest.
I don't really have a hair length goal in mind. Just continue growing and retaining as long as I can tolerate it.

I was a long-term transitioner myself! It seems like you're on the grow! Good for you!

VictoriousBrownFlower

My longest length as an adult is waist length. I was waist length before I bc'd in may of last year. Before I got to waist length I never thought I could get there. I thought if I could get to bsl I'd be satisfied. Now I'm going for hip length.

ChristmasCarol

Hiya! @Janet'
Haven't seen you in forever. Of course I don't visit this side very often anymore...

Anywho, I reached WL in 2012 - after a 3 1/2 year transition. However, I cut to APL in 2013 or '14 and have maintained at BSL since then. I'm going to let it grow back to WL this year, though.

Last edited:

MsSanz92

Probably now, which is somewhere between SL and APL. Gosh you guys are walking around like Rapunzel!! One day though for me too! My hair probably could be WL now, but I've done 3 BCs in the last 6 years. That combined with abuse from heat and chemicals have lead to a lot of setbacks. I think I'll be content with BSL hair; since my hair is so thick, I don't think I would be able to deal with hair longer than that. Maybe I'll grow it out past BSL just to say I did it, and probably cut it back to BSL

Janet'

Probably now, which is somewhere between SL and APL. Gosh you guys are walking around like Rapunzel!! One day though for me too! My hair probably could be WL now, but I've done 3 BCs in the last 6 years. That combined with abuse from heat and chemicals have lead to a lot of setbacks. I think I'll be content with BSL hair; since my hair is so thick, I don't think I would be able to deal with hair longer than that. Maybe I'll grow it out past BSL just to say I did it, and probably cut it back to BSL

It sounds like you have a game plan and you know what to do moving forward. You sound like you're around my length now...Soon, we'll all be walking around together like Rapunzel!