What's the Longest Your Hair Has Been As An Adult?

What's the longest your hair has been as an adult (18 and above)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Janet'

Hi Ladies,

As I'm contemplating a length check, I was just remarking to myself that this is potentially the longest that my hair has been as an adult. I know that there was a thread that asked the same question but as a child and as a child, I was HL...but MBL :)pray: with this length check tonight) is longest that my hair has been as an adult...

So, here's the poll:

What's the longest that your hair has ever been as an adult (let's say adult is 18 and older)?

Is your hair currently that long or did you cut it, not take care of it, etc...

I thought my hair was terminally at SL...but I now know that's not true...What about you?

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
I think my hair has touched tailbone for a while, but never any further than that...I'm working to get back there now!

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
I cut my hair around 15 yo and it has been sl or shorter since. APL is the longest it's been. Before the cut it was BSL in the back.

SmileyNY

My hair at it's longest point was barely mid-back length. I got my hair cut to a very full APL (just above BSL) this past December. I'm hoping to make it to a healthier (and full) MBL this year.

ETA: As a kid, my hair was tailbone length when pressed.

faithVA

Way back in my jherri curl days my hair was SL. I cut it when I relaxed it. I think several years after that I was SL for a short period of time because I remember shutting my hair in the window while I was driving. I don't think I have ever made APL because I realize I have a pattern of letting my hair grow out, then I get lazy and wear it up. I then wonder why I have long hair if I am going to wear it up and then I would cut it. Most of my adult life I have had my hair cut at ear length by choice.

It never crossed my mind to try to grow my hair out long until I came on this board. The thought of having APL hair or longer is really mind boggling to me. I am going to have to wait and see.

leiah

My hair stayed at BSL when it was relaxed and breaking.
I should be that length within a few months and i'm excited to grow past that with healthy natural hair

Napp

Ms. Nobody
full apl. i was scraping bsl at one point but it was only at the nape.

i never had long hair as a kid or an adult. hopefully this will change in 2011 :pray:

Last edited:

SherylsTresses

What's the longest that your hair has ever been as an adult (let's say adult is 18 and older)? MBL relaxed

I BC, now I'm a natural APL

I thought my hair was terminally at SL...but I now know that's not true...What about you? Good for you...!!! :gorgeous: I never believed in terminal length when it came to hair. I knew my hair was unhealthy due to relaxer. Now I'm looking forward to WSL as a natural

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
MBL is the longest my hair has been. I can't seem to get back there though. I keep cutting at BSL due to thin ends.

chasturner84

The longest my has been is BSB and that is it's current length. Before that, I had been SL since I started relaxing 12 or so years ago.

lilsparkle825

I am BSL now, approaching MBL, and this is the longest my hair has ever been in my LIFE that I know of. To be fair, I don't know how long my hair was as a kid. I don't think it was BSL, though.

prospurr4

What's the longest that your hair has ever been as an adult (let's say adult is 18 and older)? MBL

Is your hair currently that long or did you cut it, not take care of it, etc... My hair is currently at MBL, about 2" from WL. I am on a quest for WL or HBL, as my ultimate goal. I have been at MBL for quite a while now, but this is the longest my hair has EVER been in my life, and I thank God for it!:grin:

Vashti

Back when I had a curly perm I had SL hair for a little while. My hair is again SL. This is the longest my hair has ever been as an adult.

JJamiah

The Longest my hair as an adult has ever been is in my Siggy. I have been WL but this is the first time I have gone past it.

It wasn't something I couldn't do it is, just usually by the time I get to WL I cut it to a short hair cut.

:)

chelleyrock

The longest my hair has been since an adult is the length it is now (APL). I didn't have hair this long as a child either.

Jetblackhair

The longest layer of my hair is approaching BSL and this is the longest my hair has been as an adult. I truly never took care of my hair and never knew that it could be this length in my adult years.

EllePixie

What's the longest that your hair has ever been as an adult (let's say adult is 18 and older)? About APL

Is your hair currently that long or did you cut it, not take care of it, etc... It's currently that long. When I was in HS I cut my hair to chin length and kept cutting it. Once I let it grow to almost APL I think (I didn't measure my hair back then), but it was only because I was lazy and didn't get haircuts for awhile.

I thought my hair was terminally at SL...but I now know that's not true...What about you? I've never had any issues growing my hair out, but I always cut it for the style or I got bored with my hair. I'm growing it out again just to see how long it can get!

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
What's the longest that your hair has ever been as an adult (let's say adult is 18 and older)?
SL. I'm almost SL (will get there this summer, yay! :meme:) and my hair now touches the top of my t-shirts! My hair has never been this long in my adult or teen life. I can thank LHCF for helping me see the light.

Yes, it is that long and I ain't cutting it either. I going to let it keep growing until I get sick of it. I know I want at least BSL hair.

I thought my hair was terminally at SL...but I now know that's not true...What about you?

I thought my hair would forever be stuck at neck length. My hair would get close to grazing SL but would always break off each time. I gave up on ever obtaining my dream of having long hair until I found this board.

Missjae09

My length as an adult has never been longer than a chin lengthed bob.... until NOW! I'm now grazing shoulder length. :yawn:woooohooo! (i guess.)

thaidreams

MBL is the longest my hair has ever been. I'm very grateful for the length that the Lord had enabled me to achieve.

iri9109

when i was younger my hair was BSBish, & ever since i got a relaxer (around 12 or 13) my hair broke off and got stuck in constant limbo between SL & APL...when i turned 18 my hair was around SL, then i chopped it in a bob & the back was tapered 7 the sides were past chin length, then i BC'd to like 1.5 inches, and now my hair is back at SL, but not yet full SL...by the end of the year my hair should be the longest its been as an adult.

lexxi

SL was the longest for me as a child adult everything lol. Wen I was 14-16 I kept it at sl cause I liked the look of it and than 17-19 I chopped dyed and colored multiple times . My grandma is about apl and she said her hair has never grown longer same with my mom but I think really its how they take care of their hair more so than it being their terminal length ( which I really hope it isn't).