Her Retention Is On Point! Univ Hair Soleil

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
The title says it all :drool:

I need help from someone that speaks French. I watched her first video on detangling. I could only make out Kimmaytube.

I'm not sure if her thumbnails on the YT are accurately portraying how she wears her hair all the time. It looks like she always wears it out.

Will a French speaking lady please watch some of her videos and tell me/us her top techniques?

@Amarilles @Chicoro @Lucie

sparkle25

I need help from someone that speaks French. I watched her first video on detangling. I could only make out Kimmaytube.

I'm not sure if her thumbnails on the YT are accurately portraying how she wears her hair all the time. It looks like she always wears it out.

Will a French speaking lady please watch some of her videos and tell me/us her top techniques?

So you want me to watch these and translate? The videos are in French, correct? I'm on my phone and haven't clicked them yet.

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!

@MileHighDiva,

First video only: 2016 Length Check
"It's past my belly button! Yeah!" (that and bye bye are all she communicates in the 2016 length check video.) Let me look at her 10 tips video.

10 Conseils (tips) video:
  1. Mentality- the way you think influences how you feel about your hair (like having the belief that afro-textured hair doesn't grow) Visualize your afro-textured hair long
  2. Figure out what [products] your hair prefers
  3. Lubricate the hair all the time [moisturize]
  4. Minimize manipulation of the hair
  5. Have a good detangling technique (be conscious of how you detangle hair/use comb with lots of conditioner)
  6. Protect your hair when you sleep/utilize a scarf that doesn't allow the rubbing (hitting of the hair)/
  7. Avoid cutting (protect your ends and only cut what is damaged)
  8. Eat well (Healthy life), take care of yourself, drink water etc...balanced life (eat/exercise/sleep well)
  9. Do sports (have balanced life style)
  10. Set a goal Oct 2013 (She started her hair journey)
If you can find a video of her doing her hair routine, from start to finish and with her explaining her process, that would give an idea about what she does.

Chicoro

@MileHighDiva,

I found them!

They look pretty self explanatory to me in that she shows what she is doing and it matches what she is saying.

First, take a look at them. If you want to me translate after you have watched them, let me know!

Conditioner and Detangling process:

Last edited:

sparkle25

Turns out she is likely doing things you are already doing

Strategy 1 - maintain a good mindset/mentality. Believe that you can achieve the long curls that you want and stay positive as how you think affects your habits.

2- use products that work for your hair. Everyone has different hair types and will respond to a variety of products differently. Find what works best for your hair. (Creams, oils, dry shampoo, conditioners, masks, etc) Find a product that doesn't dry out your hair.

3- Ensure that your hair is always lubricated. It helps to avoid knots and minimize friction. When your hair rubs together, it can damage it. Also, using any hair accessories can also damage them, so avoid using them. She recommends the use of oils or butters.

4- avoid handling your hair as much as possible. Style you hair in such a way that it will last in order to avoid having to redo it. Having to untangle your hair can cause damage as well.

5- to untangle your hair, use your fingers as much as possible. If you must use a comb, ensure you've used a lot of conditioner and are very gentle.

6- protect your hair while you are sleeping. Do not leave them loose while sleeping, as you will tangle them. Wrapping them in a silk scarf is the most effective, as the material doesn't create friction. You can also do your hair in preparation for the next day and sleep with it done up, covered with a wrap/scarf

7- avoid cutting your hair too often as you will have difficulty achieving the desired length. If you have split ends, feel free to cut those, but try not to cut healthy hair.

8- live a healthy lifestyle. Eating healthy, taking vitamins. Be sure to drink lots of water. If nothing else, eat fruits and vegetables that are high in water and provide a good source of vitamins. Be active and exercise as it's good for your health and helps increase your blood circulation and regulate your hormones. Sleep well and get appropriate rest.

9- set goals for yourself. Follow the strategies provided and seek to achieve goals. There are challenge groups that you could get involved in to encourage and keep your mind focused.

Chicoro

Oh, by the way, this lady is from the Caribbean also, like Naturally Nica. The French speaking girl is from Guadeloupe (living in Sweden) while Naturally Nica is from Trinidad. All three: Efficiently Natural, UnivHairSoleil and Naturally _Nica are scientists/doctors. Interesting. My point, gaining extra-ordinary lengths on afro textured hair is a thinking game. It's not necessarily hard to do, but does require thought and analysis, especially when trying to resolve or solve one's own particular hair challenge to get to where one wants to go in terms of health and length.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Oh, by the way, this lady is from the Caribbean also, like Naturally Nica. The French speaking girl is from Guadeloupe (living in Sweden) while Naturally Nica is from Trinidad. All three: Efficiently Natural, UnivHairSoleil and Naturally _Nica are scientists/doctors. Interesting. My point, gaining extra-ordinary lengths on afro textured hair is a thinking game. It's not necessarily hard to do, but does require thought and analysis, especially when trying to resolve or solve one's own particular hair challenge to get to where one wants to go in terms of health and length.
@Colocha, is from the Caribbean and in Med School. I think she may join the club based on her diligence, :yep:

Chicoro

@Colocha, is from the Caribbean and in Med School. I think she may join the club based on her diligence, :yep:

I'll be on the lookout!

I think being a member on this site also cultivates a diligence and tremendous knowledge. The depth and breadth of the knowledge here, within old threads and among active members, are hard to measure. It's just priceless. The things that have been discussed, debated and agreed upon have become mainstream information. Much of the processes cultivated by the women here, and by women with afro-textured hair, have begun to spill over into non-afro-textured communities.

I feel like what women with afro-textured hair learn and understand to gain healthy length, helps all women out there because our hair tends to be the most fragile, requiring specialized knowledge and care to flourish. If it works for our hair, I'm referencing processes, then it will most likely work really well for other hair types (non-afro-textured hair).

Evolving78

So they aren't sharing all of the secrets huh? Lol

Evolving78

Actually, I think they are sharing all their secrets! If you watch their videos, they pretty much all do the same process, but with their own personal spins! If you are participating on this site, the same insight exists here!
Oh I know, i was just joking around. I'm sorry I didn't clarify. I watched the video in English. What I took away from it was having a positive mindset, and being consistent. I have been able to grow my hair, but I get bored. If the true goal is retaining length, you can't stray away from the process that will get you there.

Chicoro

Oh I know, i was just joking around. I'm sorry I didn't clarify. I watched the video in English. What I took away from it was having a positive mindset, and being consistent. I have been able to grow my hair, but I get bored. If the true goal is retaining length, you can't stray away from the process that will get you there.

That is correct! I've never analyzed this lady's process, though. I posted this video only because @MileHighDiva had posted about her previously and was wanting to know what she said since it was originally in French!

And interestingly enough, what gets you to waist length, may not help you to get to tail bone length. BUT, if your process is similar to what the tail bone length ladies do (specifically those with 4a/b/c hair), that same process repeated over and over, can take you from big chop to tail bone length.

Evolving78

That is correct! I've never analyzed this lady's process, though. I posted this video only because @MileHighDiva had posted about her previously and was wanting to know what she said since it was originally in French!

And interestingly enough, what gets you to waist length, may not help you to get to tail bone length. BUT, if your process is similar to what the tail bone length ladies do (specifically those with 4a/b/c hair), that same process repeated over and over, can take you from big chop to tail bone length.
I totally agree!

Tefnut

@NJoy was also big on visualization and attributes it to helping her reach WSL from SL/APL in less than a year. Good products, techniques and such are key but don't overlook visualization and our personal views about our own hair and Afro-texured hair in general. Where the mind goes, the behind follows! :amen:

Of course, sis, you already know this!

@Chicoro
I'm so excited! She's going to make more videos in English!:happydance:

I picked up that she's using visualization, like P.R. Charles, :yep: