Hide Your Hair Challenge PROGRESS ONLY. xD

whitedaisez

Hey ladies,

This thread is the PICTURE part of the 2010 6 month HIDE YOUR HAIR challenge from November 1, 2009 to April 30, 2010: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=407456

This thread is meant for posting your regimens, starting pics and PROGRESS/COMPARISON PICS ONLY!

Those interested in the challenge should just post a starting picture HERE to indicate participation for the challenge and then PM me so I can add you to the list.
Then during the challenge, progress pics for January and April 2010 should be added.

Thanks! xD

CHALLENGERS:
poookie
polished07
kerryann
bestblackgirl
makeupgirl
lollyoo
Twisted Treat
Chosen1
Caligirl2385
Forever in Bloom
glamazon386
Neala21
yodie
chameleonchick
msquared
Ensjg598
ppg0069
ladysaraii
beans4reezy
Nappy_in_the_City
justicefighter1913
bamachic08
MrsSmitty77
isawstars
topnotch1010
Anew
SouthernStunner
wheezy807
SunkistDiva
jayjaycurlz
Aggie
BlkOnyx488
aprils13
DivaD04
Ruby True
cswilley
skiggle
cech2204
missigirl
Irsgirl
lawyer2be371
foxee
AMAKA127
RubyTrue
prettyeyez0724
ladysaraii
jujubelle
mocha.li
bayougirl318

Last edited:

polished07

This was taken Sept 30 of this year I have bangs also and some slight layers Im trying to grow out my starting pic for the challenge !

makeupgirl

OK, third time's a charm....here we go .....This is the pic of me when I did the BC on Sunday. I miss my hair. I'm sorry it's in attached format.

Last edited:

glamazon386

I'm in but I'm currently in a weave and can't take a starting point picture. I'll take one when I take it down.

Neala21

Add me as I just got 2 new wigs and will probably wig it out the entire 6 month challenge.

My regiment will be weekly washing and deep conditioner treatment (protein & moisture), rebraid and add wig cap and put on wig and style to go. I plan to also daily moisturize hair 2x (morning and night). I want to keep it simple. No heat and Grow lots of healthy hair.

Starting pix:

start_hidehair.jpg

Date: October 7 2009 (approx 2 months and a week since BC)

msquared

I would like to participate in this challenge.

My regimen will be:

DC - 2x/week with Aveda Damage Remedy or GVP Conditioning Balm with coconut oil
Leave in - GVP The Detangler
Style - Bun with Aveda Humectant Pomade and Ecostyler Olive Oil gel

curlicarib

Lovin'' All of Me
I'm in. My starting pic is in my siggy. I don't do another length check until Januray, so the Jan 31th check will be right on-time for my next check.

CarlaG

isawstars

I'm so in! :grin:

Now that it's getting colder my regi will probably change... Right now it is...

Every Friday: Shampoo with Aphogee, 2 min reconstructor (aphogee), DC for 15-30 under dryer with Biolage Ultra Hydrating, Pro-Vitamin leave conditioner (aphogee), Chi Keratin Spray, then air dry in pony tail or bun.

1-2x a week: cowash with Hair One Tea Tree Oil.

Daily: HE Long Term Relationship Leave-In Conditioner

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
I want in on this one since I am already bunning until Nov '10 anyway. I'll post starting pics on this post on my 6 month length check date in Nov.

ETA:10/31/09

Last edited:

Anew

I'm in

Wash/DC once weekly (try for twice weekly)
Wear my signature style, nothing I created just something I'm known for wearing. Its in my avi

Starting pic same as avi, hair may be a little longer now, that pic was taken in July but I really don't feel like straightening so we'll go with this pic
142x508.jpg

wheezy807

I'll come back and post a starting pic next month in November.

Regimen:
Shampoo once a week (ALWAYS followed up by a dc).
Air dry or hood dryer (only rollerset).
Moisturize nightly with ORS Olive Oil in a jar followed by scalf method.
Protective Styles: Buns (of course my fav:look:) and rollersets. I'll reserve braidouts for warmer weather.
Stretch my relaxers 16wks+

BlkOnyx488

I am in
My siggy pic is the most recent length check.
I will get a half wig I have had my eye on for a while that's on ebay. Unless I find one in the wig shop I like better

Aggie

Okay I'm in and this is the closest pic I have to wear I am right now:

Please bare in mind that I will be chopping some more off next year, trying to fully transition to texlax hair at the end of next year or the beginning of 2011. I do want to join the challenge to commit to keeping my hair hidden though.

DivaD04

i want a KIS reggie. I'm not sure on my reggie just yet but i will figure it out in a day or 2. otherwise as follows:
Poo/Co 3x's a week (i really want to try yes to carrots)
DC once a week (not solid)
shea butter/coconut oil are my staples

i really want to bkt, i'm still trying to figure out which one i want...i'm really pondering dream hair.

braids, lace wigs, and my hair bonnets(usually quick trips or around the house) are my methods of hiding my hair

Ruby True

Hi,
my regimen I will shampoo once a month with aphogee and bic soda. Cowash 1-2x/week, DC with ORS replenshing pak once per week. Protein/moisture balance with Joico kpak reconstructor and moisturizer as needed and leave ins are Aphogee pro vit and green tea. Using Afroveda products for moisture when they get here:ohwell:. Hiding hair in cornrows or buns (sort of)

Attachments

• 090917_171515.jpg
    090917_171515.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 090928_124418.jpg
    090928_124418.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 16

makeupgirl

checking in - still wigging it.....seeing new growth since my BC on the 4th. Plus my curls are springy.

Reggie has been mostly:

baggy every other night
try to co-wash every other day
moisture with shea butter and EVOO each day
DC once a week
air dry with my scarf on my way to work
no heat

I slacked a little bit last week due to moving and working. But hopefully this week I'm back on my schedule.

PPGbubbles

I have attached my starting pic which was taken at the end of Sept. Im currently weaved up and ready to commit!! I am excited about the challenge but I know around spring time It will get rough so I look forward to makin progress with u ladies :)

*added the 1/31 length check the 2nd and 3rd pics are from that date

Attachments

• DSCF2107.jpg
    DSCF2107.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCF2496.jpg
    DSCF2496.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCF2500.jpg
    DSCF2500.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

jujubelle

here is my starting pic. I forgot to take a pic of my hair dry b4 the install. But I am shoulder length and about 90% natural. the last one is my install.

Attachments

• IMG00065-20091014-1822.jpg
    IMG00065-20091014-1822.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG00218-20091021-1453.jpg
    IMG00218-20091021-1453.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG00465-20091031-0049.jpg
    IMG00465-20091031-0049.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 23

irsgirl

Me Too pleeeeeeze.

My avatar is my starting picture. I did a big chop on 10/17/2009.

I am currently bunning to hide my hair.

moisturize with HS 14-1 and seal with coconut an jojoba oil twice daily.

cowash on Wednesdays with cheap moisture conditioner.

wash on Saturday with cream of nature ultra moisturizing shampoo and alternate each

Saturday between protein and deep conditioner.

I relax every 12 weeks.

Last edited:
Hmm, I'm thinking that I'll be sticking with the regimen that I've been using for about a month. Cowash 1-2x/ week depending on if I'm swimming or not. Do an Aryuvedic hair mask, DC with Kenra, leave in (soon to be Oyin handmade). Sealing my ends nightly w/ castor oil. Moisturize w/ afroveda....hope that isn't too much....lol :) I know ya'll will let me know :) I'm trying to recover from a setback.

AMAKA127

got a bob!! (sew in)

just took out my sew in from my avatar (10 weeks) 13 weeks post spiral curled for one week then got my bob on!(lol)

my newest do!

whitedaisez

My regimen:

1. Deep condition with Henna about once a month with grape seed oil, AO Rosa Mosqueta conditioner, Castor oil and Beer. Cleanse with AOHR shampoo.

2. Pree-poo every weekend with castor oil & grape seed oil; and deep condition with Shescentit banana brulee. Cleanse with Jojoba-hemp shampoo.

3. Co-wash in the middle of the week with AO honeysuckle rose conditioner. Use shescentit coco-creme leave-in.

My starting November pics:

Goodluck with the rest of the challenge ladies!