Hip Length (HL) 2012!!!!

Bun Mistress

I'm pretty sure I'm in this challenge. Well. I cut about an inch last month. I don't regret it. My hair was much easier to manage after. I cut it wet.

I haven't straighten yet this year but my hair retaining length. I thought of straightening in a few weeks. But now that my braid out is between apl and mbl I don't think I want to.

bigbrowneyez

Just updating briefly. I'm 4months post relaxer. Still have my hair in braids. I'm relaxing at the end of the month. Can't wait!!! My hair has grown a lot in 4months. I'll do an official length check after my relaxer. But I was redoing my braids last night and was pleasantly surprised at my length.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Attachments

• image-1410456217.jpg
    image-1410456217.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 168
  • image-488844774.jpg
    image-488844774.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 152

prospurr4

Congratulations @bigbrowneyez! I remember your heartbreaking post in December after your experience with the SHS. You seem to rebounding nicely, which is great.

OT: I absolutely love the bluntness of your ends! How often do you trim? Do you self-trim or allow a stylist to do it?

Thanks!

eocceas

I was thinking maybe it was too moisturized. Usually the protein stops all breakage whereas my hair has a natural tendency to become oily even when no product is applied so when it's extremely moisturized it becomes limp and weak. I also use Alopecil Garlic Shampoo weekly, Nutrine Garlic Hot Oil treatments monthly and a daily Garlic Capsule. I also seal with a JBCO/Argan Oil mix.

On a happier note, I tried my regimen with less agression this week. I didnt wash in the sink like I normally do, detangled in sections, and did some finger combing instead of my normal wide tooth comb. Lot less hairs in the sink :grin:. Also did an unofficial length check and hit 17inches! Yay me!! 1inch of growth this month. Just in time for my March 31st progress pic! Take that breakage!:brucelee:hahaha

1" in a month!! Chile you ain't losing any hair lol...I want that problem:spinning:

tiajanae

So the first quarter of 2012, i sucessfully maintained 2 inches of new growth moving me from 15inches of hair to 17inches. this qtr I wanted less manipulation but at the same time a lil style.. Love my new 3/4 wig! will have in until mid may then take down and reinstall leaving til end of june to complete my second quarter...

Starting length January 2012: 15inches
Current length March 31st 2012: 17inches
Goal length this year: 21inches
Goal length overall: 25-30inches

Attachments

• wig1.jpg
    wig1.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 138
  • wig2.jpg
    wig2.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 130
  • wig3.jpg
    wig3.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 141
  • wig4.jpg
    wig4.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 157

lamaria211

bigbrowneyez said:
Just updating briefly. I'm 4months post relaxer. Still have my hair in braids. I'm relaxing at the end of the month. Can't wait!!! My hair has grown a lot in 4months. I'll do an official length check after my relaxer. But I was redoing my braids last night and was pleasantly surprised at my length.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Love your hair:)

LaVgirl

My first natural length check of the year. I'm a little surprised at my progress as well (especially since I haven't given it the best of care this year) ... it pulls down to the same length (maybe a little longer) as my hair was when it was straightened in January.

Attachments

• 3.23.12edit.jpg
    3.23.12edit.jpg
    486.6 KB · Views: 152
  • 3.232nd edit.jpg
    3.232nd edit.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 124
  • 3.23.3rdedit.jpg
    3.23.3rdedit.jpg
    413.1 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
So the first quarter of 2012, i sucessfully maintained 2 inches of new growth moving me from 15inches of hair to 17inches. this qtr I wanted less manipulation but at the same time a lil style.. Love my new 3/4 wig! will have in until mid may then take down and reinstall leaving til end of june to complete my second quarter...

Starting length January 2012: 15inches
Current length March 31st 2012: 17inches
Goal length this year: 21inches
Goal length overall: 25-30inches

tiajanae I'm confused. Is that a 3/4 wig or a sew in? Looks good on you.

lalla

LaVgirl I love your hair! What's your regimen?

I'm updating a bit late. I'm surprised my hair has grown in the past year. I cut a lot. I'm maybe 1.5 inches away from WL.

regina07

Ladies - checking in after a few busy weeks of travel! I thought I was having seasonal breakage because for the past 2 weeks I've seen nothing but little broken hairs. Couldn't figure it out and was starting to stress about it.

I think my hair doesn't like braids, or rather the crimping of my hair from braids. See I've been wearing pocahantas braids a lot while traveling because I don't like having my bun rub against airplane seats. M&S and braiding doesn't work for me -- my hair gets too wiry and dry!

This weekend, while in Vegas, I M&S with avj+glycerin+water followed by my castor oil/shea butter blend and put my hair in 8 twists. Each day I spritzed with avj+water and retwisted. My hair is back to soft, bouncy and no breakage!

I'm gonna give it extra TLC as soon as I'm back from NYC but twists are the way to go right now.

Every week/month seems to bring something new!

tiajanae

@tiajanae I'm confused. Is that a 3/4 wig or a sew in? Looks good on you.

its a 3/4 wig. It's sewn down around the perimeter. so the middle is completely untouched by needle and thread. and a small amount of my edges are left out. Thanks, it costed an arm and a leg, but a good investment nevertheless.. :grin:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
its a 3/4 wig. It's sewn down around the perimeter. so the middle is completely untouched by needle and thread. and a small amount of my edges are left out. Thanks, it costed an arm and a leg, but a good investment nevertheless.. :grin:

Girl, I had to pray and meditate over your response to be sure I understand what you're saying. :grin: I think I get it. It's a partial wig that's sewn in place and the top and front are left open for blending your hair? I'm slow today.

In any case, it looks good. Where'd you get it and how much did you "invest". Inquiring minds wanna know. :yep:

LaVgirl

lalla I wash my hair with shampoo every 1-2 weeks. During the warmer months, I shampoo every 2-3 weeks with lots of co-washes or everyday water rinses in between. I usually detangle when I wash, either with my fingers or a wide tooth comb and/or Denman brush. I try to deep condition before every shampoo.
Moisturize with my homemade leave-in conditioner, air dry and a protective style (usually large twists in a bun). Re-moisturize every 3 days or whenever I feel my hair needs it. During warm weather, I do more out styles though (a puff, braid-out, etc.)

NikkiGirl

Hey everyone!

I was just checking on your updates for some inspiration. I am MBL (layered) right now and I did my BC in January. I am happy with that and will join you ladies in pursuit of hip length January 2013 as I will be waistlength by the end of this year. Please don't forget to add me when the new thread is started or tag me. Thanks! Happy Hair Growing!

LaVgirl

I DC before shampooing because I'm kinda lazy when it comes to my hair and it's way more convenient. I don't know if the shampoo after the DC is canceling the effect of the DC but I have seen some other people do that too so I figure it's okay. I do find myself doing more DCs after shampooing in the summer and vice versa, in the winter.

bigbrowneyez

Relaxer update!!! I got a relaxer today after 18weeks (4.5 months) and i'm so excited about the progress. 3inches in 4.5months. I went from the 9 (last pic) to the 12. I'll take straight pics next time i wash, but i got it curled after the relaxer. I'm exactly 1in from WL (the 13 on the shirt). Can't wait!

Attachments

• DSC01217.jpg
    DSC01217.jpg
    337.7 KB · Views: 156
  • DSC01225.jpg
    DSC01225.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 137
  • DSC012162.jpg
    DSC012162.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 105
  • dec11.jpg
    dec11.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Relaxer update!!! I got a relaxer today after 18weeks (4.5 months) and i'm so excited about the progress. 3inches in 4.5months. I went from the 9 (last pic) to the 12. I'll take straight pics next time i wash, but i got it curled after the relaxer. I'm exactly 1in from WL (the 13 on the shirt). Can't wait!

Your hair looks fabulous! Great job!