Hip Length (HL) 2013 Challenge!!

brg240

Update: Lately I’ve been feeling a bit depressed about my uneven or 'layered' hair; it is like this due to the fact that a couple of months after my BC I noticed that I had some heat damage from straightening back in May 12 and cut it out. But the thing is, these days I keep thinking how it looks odd that I’m grazing WL in the back but APL in the front :-/ I know that I’m being paranoid but I just feel like on the whole my hair doesn’t have that ‘grazing wl look’ if you know what I mean, as in it looks much shorter than it actually is. Especially when I watch the hair journeys of ladies such as Longhairdontcare2011 or Chime (HairCrush) because their hair always looks so full, thick, long and all the same length. I hope that my fast-growing front hair will continue to do just that and am considering keeping the back of my hair at WL until the front catches up. But then again, I have goals….. I dunno. I’m so confused :-/
Anyone else feeling this way? Or any suggestions??
mayoo I had (well have) uneven hair too. I had a setback while i transitioned and some of it broke off and the other part i cut out of frustration :look: You're fortunate that your front is fast growing b/c my shorter section is not. :/

What I did/do is cut my hair in stages. Like a 2-4" every 6 months (approximatly sometimes I don't) and this has been going on for 2-3 years?

let me dig up a pic.(this is from last year?) Everything is working against that section. It's not only much much shorter, it's a tighter curl pattern and the hair that it's next too is very fast growing.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Girl you betta than me! I have a LONG gray hair in the very front of my left temple, and I had literally forgotten about it for YEARS due to dyeing my hair with permanent color and using henna and indigo. I haven't seen that gray hair since I first discovered it in 2005. I have cut my hair a lot since then, but this hair is grey and fades to black where my henndigo is growing out. Guess I'd better start taking some Fo-Ti to prevent further graying. I'm too tired to henndigo often. Too messy and labor intensive. Good luck with yours!

P.s. love your hair! It's so pretty and thick!:yep:

Jewell

Girl, I hadn't hendigo'd in over a year because of the while messy process. Indigo is so messy that I only did my hairline and the rest of my hair has red highlights. Yeah. I didn't think that one through. Ah well

Thanx for the compliment.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Girl you betta than me! I have a LONG gray hair in the very front of my left temple, and I had literally forgotten about it for YEARS due to dyeing my hair with permanent color and using henna and indigo. I haven't seen that gray hair since I first discovered it in 2005. I have cut my hair a lot since then, but this hair is grey and fades to black where my henndigo is growing out. Guess I'd better start taking some Fo-Ti to prevent further graying. I'm too tired to henndigo often. Too messy and labor intensive. Good luck with yours!

P.s. love your hair! It's so pretty and thick!:yep:

Jewell

Girl, I hadn't hendigo'd in over a year because of the while messy process. Indigo is so messy that I only did my hairline and the rest of my hair has red highlights. Yeah. I didn't think that one through. Ah well. :ohwell:

Thanx for the compliment.

mayoo

Hey ladies, coming at you with some comparison pics today :)
The older pics were taken in Decemer 2012 and recent ones were a few days ago (July 2013)
So there's a 7 months difference :)

Attachments

• IMG_0938.jpg
    IMG_0938.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1064.jpg
    IMG_1064.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0949.jpg
    IMG_0949.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1079.jpg
    IMG_1079.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 51

SmilingElephant

Still truckin along:)

After reaching APL curly i have regained my enthusiasm in my hair care. Im back to co washing daily and im starting to seal my leave in with oil. Im also being more consistent with taking my prenatals as im wondering if that played a role in my growth...bc i was really consistent with them for a while and then i seriously slacked. :(

So perhaps i can get to scraping whip length by the end of the year!:woot: <---i love this smiley!

Mz.MoMo5235

What prenatal are up taking? I used to take prenatals but just switched to a different womens multi vit because the prenatal I was taking didnt have biotin in it! It was weird, the first prenatal I've seen with out it really. But I like the brand because they're the best gummies I've had. See I used to take little kid vit but I've noticed they have lowered the dose of biotin and folic acid in those and instead are giving me breast milk vit which I'm pretty sure I dont need o_O lol

Plus the little kid gummies are getting gross. Flintstone kids gummies where the bomb and now they're all hard >.<

But the gummies I have now have everything I want and are soft and yummy.

I could just be a grown up and take the pills which are cheaper and have everything I need... But I've decided to not be a grown up any more lol

Mz.MoMo5235

I love her hair!!! But 45 min?! Nah gangsta.

She has the texture my hair used to be when I was younger before i started relaxing. That was the texture I was hoping for when I transitioned but ended up with something looser for some reason (age/scalp damage/punishment from the hair gods).

I wish my curls were a tad bit tighter like hers. My curls just kind of flop around and do what they please on said day lol

Mz.MoMo5235

Lucia how much do you think that girl in your siggie weighs? I'm like obsessed with her waist but I know I can only get ye so small before I start looking sick lmfao

SmilingElephant

What prenatal are up taking? I used to take prenatals but just switched to a different womens multi vit because the prenatal I was taking didnt have biotin in it! It was weird, the first prenatal I've seen with out it really. But I like the brand because they're the best gummies I've had. See I used to take little kid vit but I've noticed they have lowered the dose of biotin and folic acid in those and instead are giving me breast milk vit which I'm pretty sure I dont need o_O lol

Plus the little kid gummies are getting gross. Flintstone kids gummies where the bomb and now they're all hard >.<

But the gummies I have now have everything I want and are soft and yummy.

I could just be a grown up and take the pills which are cheaper and have everything I need... But I've decided to not be a grown up any more lol

Chile....i take the Nature's Valley prenatals from Walmart....nothin fancy. :grin:

mayoo

All twisted up for the next weeks :)
Applying coconut oil to ends every few days and that's it :)

Attachments

• IMG_1112.jpg
    IMG_1112.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 77

Lucia

I love her hair!!! But 45 min?! Nah gangsta.

She has the texture my hair used to be when I was younger before i started relaxing. That was the texture I was hoping for when I transitioned but ended up with something looser for some reason (age/scalp damage/punishment from the hair gods).

I wish my curls were a tad bit tighter like hers. My curls just kind of flop around and do what they please on said day lol

Mz.MoMo5235

:lol: yes she just kept on talking

About the siggy pic you should go by proportions not focus on her exact weight because she could weigh from 120 to 155 depending on her frame and muscle mass height
now waist measurement she might be 26 in or 30 depends on her hip to waist ratio what's important is the hip to waist ratio you probably want the smaller waist hourglass look figure out what your safest weight is on the low range for your height build frame and its not always weight sometimes you can out weigh someone and have a smaller waist also look up some waist whittling exercises they really work well with some reg cardio
What gave me my smallest waist to date was a combo hybrid of winsor Pilates running and power 90 my waist was 26in then and im a pear shape so my hips make my waist look smaller than it really is now I'm trying to get it back since I fell off
So add winsor Pilates to your routine 3 x a week it will thin out your waist

Last edited:

Mz.MoMo5235

Chile....i take the Nature's Valley prenatals from Walmart....nothin fancy. :grin:

The non-fancy ones are usually the best honestly. I got really great results from some vitamins I used to get for free from my doc just for taking a silly folic acid test. I'd get a years worth of these vitamins and it was the same silly written test every year lol :lol:

The only reason I'm spending good money on vitamins is cause I like the gummies lmao. Spending all this extra cash so I can pretend I'm getting a snack in the morning. I'm a mess

Mz.MoMo5235

@Mz.MoMo5235

:lol: yes she just kept on talking

About the siggy pic you should go by proportions not focus on her exact weight because she could weigh from 120 to 155 depending on her frame and muscle mass height
now waist measurement she might be 26 in or 30 depends on her hip to waist ratio what's important is the hip to waist ratio you probably want the smaller waist hourglass look figure out what your safest weight is on the low range for your height build frame and its not always weight sometimes you can out weigh someone and have a smaller waist also look up some waist whittling exercises they really work well with some reg cardio
What gave me my smallest waist to date was a combo hybrid of winsor Pilates running and power 90 my waist was 26in then and im a pear shape so my hips make my waist look smaller than it really is now I'm trying to get it back since I fell off
So add winsor Pilates to your routine 3 x a week it will thin out your waist

You are very right about the whole proportion thing. I believe that's what my biggest issue is. I dont have hips unless I'm fat lol. But when I lose weight the first place it drops from are my hips and thighs.

I actually have the winsors pilates but I really didnt do it like I'm supposed to because I felt like my positions werent being done correctly so I wasnt getting any results. I need to just take a pilates beginners class so I can have someone let me know I'm doing stuff right and then do it at home. Or get back into belly dancing. With my walk/jog I'm doing daily mixed with belly dancing 3x a week I should be good.

I need to just lose the fat then figure out how to bulk up my thighs and booty with out them looking manly lmao :lachen:

ok ok enough hijacking this thread

Lucia

You are very right about the whole proportion thing. I believe that's what my biggest issue is. I dont have hips unless I'm fat lol. But when I lose weight the first place it drops from are my hips and thighs.

I actually have the winsors pilates but I really didnt do it like I'm supposed to because I felt like my positions werent being done correctly so I wasnt getting any results. I need to just take a pilates beginners class so I can have someone let me know I'm doing stuff right and then do it at home. Or get back into belly dancing. With my walk/jog I'm doing daily mixed with belly dancing 3x a week I should be good.

I need to just lose the fat then figure out how to bulk up my thighs and booty with out them looking manly lmao :lachen:

ok ok enough hijacking this thread

Mz.MoMo5235

Squats, lunges, weighted squats, etc...

mayoo

I don't know if I can make it by December. I'll probably be full HL/Grazing tailbone by next summer :)

**ION, I have so many pics that I wanted to share with you guys over the last couple of weeks but I took them on my new camera which produces pics at around 4.5mb whic are too big for this site. So until I figure out how to re-size them I'll have to just keep the pics on my computer :(
Does anyone ele re-size pics?? What do you use??