• Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters

deusa80

I really need to get back on chlorella, I stopped taking it for a while because I was trying to figure out what was wrong with me(found out it was a gluten intolerance)...but now that mystery is solved I definitely need to get back on this!

This probably has been asked before, but I don't remember...but is everyone still taking a regular multi-vitamin and taking chlorella and sprirulina as well? Right now I take a multi, cod liver oil, vit c and calcium/ vit d3...that's alot already. I'm thinking I'd be able to cut a few of those out if I start back up on chlor/spir.

Nameless

has anyone used yeayama chlorella then switched to a different brand? I started off with this one:

The taste was normal chlorella taste and but tolerable.

I just switched to pure japanese yaeyama (cos I read its the best one to use :rolleyes: and man this stinks! I don't mind the taste, its just the smell while drinking it, has anyone experienced this with yaeyama or did I just get a bad batch? :nono:

Needless to say, I am going to go back to synergy after this one's through... :yep:

I bought this 2 days ago and plan to start on Saturday when my tablets run out. How is this powder? What do you mix it with? And how long does 100g last?

Vintageglam

Hey ladies just a quick question.... How long did it take for your periods to get lighter/ less painful. Was it after the first month or did that take a few months to happen???

Nameless

Hey ladies just a quick question.... How long did it take for your periods to get lighter/ less painful. Was it after the first month or did that take a few months to happen???

I was taking some random brand Chlorella tablets for a less than a month and I noticed a lighter flow when my cycle came.

I know synergy is not listed here, but for me it was really good. The taste was not bad, it took me a few days to get used to. I just put a tsp full in filtered/distilled water. This was the first brand of chlorella I used and I was very happy with it. My hair texture changed while using this, and my skin was soft too. 100g lasted about 3.5 weeks.

Thanks for that. I heard that mixing it with yogurt hides the taste. I might try that.
If Synergy was good, why did you switch brands? (If you don't mind me asking). How many brands have you used?

Last edited:

lennet93

I was taking the vitamin shop chlorella..I stopped for about 2 weeks and now I'm taking source natural yaeyama chlorella. I feel like I'm detoxing all over again. Is this brand more potent than the vitamin shop brand?

Vintageglam

I was taking some random brand Chlorella tablets for a less than a month and I noticed a lighter flow when my cycle came.

Thanks Gabrielle

This is exactly what I have experienced.

I have had dysmenorrhea since I started my periods and it has been pretty horrific i.e. throwing up, fainting, hemorrhaging and having to go to Casualty as a teenager due to massive blood loss and black outs. Basically the works.....:nono:

Anyway I have been taking Chlorella and a super green food with Spirulina now for about 1 month and the difference is just incredible. Okay so I am still on what some women may deem on the heavy side flow wise, but for me the difference is still very noticeable. I am on my second day and so far so good. I am hoping that this change will have a knock on effect on my anemia and other nutrient deficiencies.:yep:

Thanks OP for starting this thread. Cannot believe I ignored it for so long.:rolleyes:.... I just thought what the hell is going on in that thread... is it another bandwagon? :lol:

x Stella

Jade Feria

Has anyone noticed that their teeth looked naturally whiter while taking chlorella? I was looking at mine today and was almost blinded! LOL! Also, my skin looks much brighter and my lips look more pink. Can't wait to see the hair effects!

Chocolate_Silk

Has anyone noticed that their teeth looked naturally whiter while taking chlorella? I was looking at mine today and was almost blinded! LOL! Also, my skin looks much brighter and my lips look more pink. Can't wait to see the hair effects!

That's funny you mentioned whiter teeth, I noticed that about two weeks ago and thought :dance7:the peroxide is finally working, but after thinking about how long I'd been brushing with peroxide they would have been this white long ago, so I figured it had to be the chlorella... How long have you been taking it and what brand?

I'd been taking the pills for a while but recently switched to Source Naturals Yaeyama Powder and I believe I see changes faster with this powder, not so much with hair but my skin is butter soft, I've been complimented on the "glow" it has, and my nails are really strong .

Nameless

Thanks Gabrielle

This is exactly what I have experienced.

I have had dysmenorrhea since I started my periods and it has been pretty horrific i.e. throwing up, fainting, hemorrhaging and having to go to Casualty as a teenager due to massive blood loss and black outs. Basically the works.....:nono:

Anyway I have been taking Chlorella and a super green food with Spirulina now for about 1 month and the difference is just incredible. Okay so I am still on what some women may deem on the heavy side flow wise, but for me the difference is still very noticeable. I am on my second day and so far so good. I am hoping that this change will have a knock on effect on my anemia and other nutrient deficiencies.:yep:

Thanks OP for starting this thread. Cannot believe I ignored it for so long.:rolleyes:.... I just thought what the hell is going on in that thread... is it another bandwagon? :lol:

x Stella

The cramps were barely there. I was happy. And without sounding graphic, my flow wasn't as messy and there were not a lot of clots as usual :)

Jade Feria

That's funny you mentioned whiter teeth, I noticed that about two weeks ago and thought :dance7:the peroxide is finally working, but after thinking about how long I'd been brushing with peroxide they would have been this white long ago, so I figured it had to be the chlorella... How long have you been taking it and what brand?

I'd been taking the pills for a while but recently switched to Source Naturals Yaeyama Powder and I believe I see changes faster with this powder, not so much with hair but my skin is butter soft, I've been complimented on the "glow" it has, and my nails are really strong .

I use the Source Naturals Yaeyama Chlorella in powder form. I put a total of about 10 grams in a 25oz smoothie which lasts me 3 days at 8-9oz per day, so I end up taking anywhere from 3 to 5 grams per day. I only drink it once during the day for breakfast. I've been taking it for only a week! I already ate naturally/vegetarian, so I had no detox symptoms. My skin is really soft as well. I also used to always have a major sweet tooth..but my sugar cravings have been cut down drastically. I'm loving it!

MsRR

Those that are taking both Chlorella and Spirulina...do you find you prefer one over the other and why? Thx

Vintageglam

The cramps were barely there. I was happy. And without sounding graphic, my flow wasn't as messy and there were not a lot of clots as usual :)

Gabrielle I so know what you mean :yep:

Early days yet and this is my first TOTM after Chlorella but I am very happy with the results so far.

I have gone from being someone who had debilitating, pain, cramps, nausea and migraines and seriously heavy periods to almost normal. This month aunt flo came and stayed for 4 days instead of her usual 6 -8. I had 1 light "starting day" , I heavy-ish day (which by no means compared to usual) and two tailing off days with very light flow.

I am very happy for the reasons you state Gabrielle and also bc this allows me to combat my long standing anemia.

I am convinced that the logical explanation for these results is that the Chlorella has had a positive effect on the base issues which were causing the problems which cannot be a bad thing.

I think hair growth is just a side factor when I consider that an issue which has been a real issue for over 20 years has greatly improved in 1 month.

Cannot thank you enough OP for starting this thread. This stuff may taste funny but its worth holding my nose for 2 minutes every day for the benefits.

x

Stella

Last edited:

mariofmagdal

Gabrielle I so know what you mean :yep:

Early days yet and this is my first TOTM after Chlorella but I am very happy with the results so far.

I have gone from being someone who had debilitating, pain, cramps, nausea and migraines and seriously heavy periods to almost normal. This month aunt flo came and stayed for 4 days instead of her usual 6 -8. I had 1 light "starting day" , I heavy-ish day (which by no means compared to usual) and two tailing off days with very light flow.

I am very happy for the reasons you state Gabrielle and also bc this allows me to combat my long standing anemia.

I am convinced that the logical explanation for these results is that the Chlorella has had a positive effect on the base issues which were causing the problems which cannot be a bad thing.

I think hair growth is just a side factor when I consider that an issue which has been a real issue for over 20 years has greatly improved in 1 month.

Cannot thank you enough OP for starting this thread. This stuff may taste funny but its worth holding my nose for 2 minutes every day for the benefits.

x

Stella

This is a beautiful update. I am sending a friend in NY a bottle of chlorella to help her combat these same issues, it worked for me, and I am so glad it is working for so many of you as well. Love being GREEN :grin:

Vintageglam

This is a beautiful update. I am sending a friend in NY a bottle of chlorella to help her combat these same issues, it worked for me, and I am so glad it is working for so many of you as well. Love being GREEN :grin:

Good to hear mariofmagdal,

I just do not understand why doctors do not recommend this stuff to female patient with long standing PMS issues.

So okay this month I have been spectacularly health on my Candida diet and taking my green whole food and hair vits every day.

I have also been talking very high does of MSM to fight the Candida as well as other anti-fungals in rotation. However from reading this thread I am sure its the Chlorella which has really had an effect on my PMS symptoms.

Its must have something to do with the Alkalinity???

Gotta look into this.

x Stella

ETA: Found this great site which talks about PMS in great detail:

http://www.haelan-online.co.uk/Remedies-PMS.shtml

Last edited:

twists

Hey ladies, i'm loving all of the positive results you guys are having with Chlorella. Now im looking into it and I think I want to try it. I'm really excited for the health benefits because I want to make my body more alkaline and if i'm right Chlorella can do that.

I just have some questions, how long should this be taken for? I know that this is a whole food and not a vitamin but have any of you ever experienced any bad effects from using over long periods of time? Or heard of anyone experiencing any bad effects from using it over a long period of time?

If I was to take this for a couple of months but for some reason stopped, my body would just go back to the way it was before chlorella? My body wouldn't go into withdrawal or anything and get really sick right? lol
I know it's a weird question but i'm curious. I'm a college student and I don't have a lot of money so that may end up being the case once in a while.

If I was to use the powder could just throw it in some food or something? I can't make a smoothie or anything because I don't have a blender. I seen someone mention about putting it in yogurt so I was thinking I could try that.

Sorry about all the questions but I'd appreciate any responses!

mariofmagdal

@ Twists, I have been taking both chl and spr for over a year now. When I slowed down or went without, I found that when I started again, I had some detox symptoms. In have been steady every since. You have the right idea in that they are a whole food, and with that alone, I have no intentions of ever stopping, I am GREEN for life ;0)

I have not heard of anyone having side effects from stopping or staying on too long.

Congrats on your decision to give it a try.

twists

@ Twists, I have been taking both chl and spr for over a year now. When I slowed down or went without, I found that when I started again, I had some detox symptoms. In have been steady every since. You have the right idea in that they are a whole food, and with that alone, I have no intentions of ever stopping, I am GREEN for life ;0)

I have not heard of anyone having side effects from stopping or staying on too long.

Congrats on your decision to give it a try.

Thanksss Mariofmagdal! That's relaxing to know. What benefits have you received with Chlorella and spurilina? Do you think any one is better than the other?

mariofmagdal

@ Twists/ElegantElephant, the greatest benefit with the two is the added energy. Also, Sprirulina has really cleared, my sinus problem and seasonal allergies.

There is only a slight difference between the two, the most noted is Spirulina has more protein that Chlorella. Spirulina is also a Blue Green Algae. I don't recall of the top of my head, but there is also something beneficial in the blue hue of Spirulina. I will try and look it up again.

mariofmagdal

Here you go, a snipit that defines that blue hue found in Spirulina. It's a good thing. :grin:

Spirulina:

• [*]A superior source of digestible protein. Contains 12 times the protein of beef.
    [*]Easier on the digestive system than chlorella, which can cause diarrhea in sensitive individuals.
    [*]The best source of gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), a "good" fat necessary for the human brain, proper heart function, and other body systems.
    [*]Contains phycocyanin, a potent anti-cancer phytochemical that also gives spirulina its characteristic blue hue.

lillylovely

Still loving chlorella. It is nearly 11 months now. Was taking 12g and have now cut back to 6g - no reason just don't think I need to be on 12g now my body is used to it. I take it in my smoothie along with spirullina daily.

I'm with you mariofmagdal I too will use chlorella for life. Love it:yep:

ElegantElephant

Here you go, a snipit that defines that blue hue found in Spirulina. It's a good thing. :grin:

Spirulina:

• [*]A superior source of digestible protein. Contains 12 times the protein of beef.
    [*]Easier on the digestive system than chlorella, which can cause diarrhea in sensitive individuals.
    [*]The best source of gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), a "good" fat necessary for the human brain, proper heart function, and other body systems.
    [*]Contains phycocyanin, a potent anti-cancer phytochemical that also gives spirulina its characteristic blue hue.

Thanks soooo much for this info!! I plan to begin spirulina today (just got some from GNC) and will eventually add chorella too!!:yep:

davisbr88

I just ordered my Source Naturals Chlorella powder today and got it expressed so I hope I have it April 1 to start!

FYI:
If you guys want to order it from iHerb.com, you can get a $5 off coupon with code TEM000 if you are a first time buyer. With the code, iHerb seems to have the fairest price.

lillylovely

It's either a 1/3 or 1/2 a teaspoon. Hopefully someone else can confirm that.

According to medicine measuring spoons 5 grams is approx 1 teaspoon. So I would say 1 gram is 1/5 of a teaspoon. Household teaspoons tend to be smaller and hold approx 3 grams so 1 gram is approx 1/3 of a household teaspoon.

Last edited: