• Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters

polished07

errrr I have been waiting a week for mines, Im about to cancel and just order through amazon I got the source naturals yaeyema (sp?), Im dying to try this and see if it helps my growth :)

mariofmagdal

errrr I have been waiting a week for mines, Im about to cancel and just order through amazon I got the source naturals yaeyema (sp?), Im dying to try this and see if it helps my growth :)

With Chlorella, you will be late, and or even miss a cycle at the start, but it's an awesome regulator, it will return and you will be on like clockwork again with less pain, and shorter cycles. :yep:

NorthernCalGal

The flow has maintained its heaviness, but the cramps are basically non-existent. That used to be my hint that it was coming, but since those are gone, I actually have to keep track of my cycle.

I remain addicted to amazon's source natural yaeyama powder. I ordered a new bottle less than a month ago and it's about half way gone. If this stuff really increases hair growth, I will surely know when I take my tree braids out in about a month.

madamdot

OK, So I got my touch up yesterday and the relaxer did not take. My hair was so course. I am going to need a corrective relaxer. Anyone else had issues?

ingenious_mind

So I have been taking Chlorella (Whole Foods Brand) for about 2 and a half weeks now. I went through the detox phase: had flu like symptoms, even broke out on my face bit. Most of these symptoms are gone but I can't get rid of this really bad cough! I also have a lot of phlegm ( I know TMI. Sorry!) Anyone go through anything similar? Advice? I hate to go to the doctor for this, but if it doesn't get better soon. I just might have to.

mariofmagdal

So I have been taking Chlorella (Whole Foods Brand) for about 2 and a half weeks now. I went through the detox phase: had flu like symptoms, even broke out on my face bit. Most of these symptoms are gone but I can't get rid of this really bad cough! I also have a lot of phlegm ( I know TMI. Sorry!) Anyone go through anything similar? Advice? I hate to go to the doctor for this, but if it doesn't get better soon. I just might have to.

This does happen, the bad phlegm is yellow in color, the clear is good. Drink plenty of water, and this should pass soon as well.

It's cleaning you up good, yeah GREEN!:grin:

dimechiq

Wow from just this page I see there are other benefits. It doesn't help your menstrual by helping to clot up the blood does it?

I was taking it to see if it would curb the major hair shedding more like hair loss now. It hasn't.

Vintageglam

Has anyone noticed a lighter menstral flow and no cramps? It doesn't even feel like I'm on my monthly punishment (as in the pain).

Yeah, I'm so happy. I'm still on the tablets though. I'm thinking of converting to the powder but it looks yucky. I might also try spirulina (sp).

Yes, that has to be the best benefit of all! :grin:

So this is why, I thought it was because of me being to physically active again whatever the reason I like it.

Cycles are definitely milder and much shorter.

The flow has maintained its heaviness, but the cramps are basically non-existent. That used to be my hint that it was coming, but since those are gone, I actually have to keep track of my cycle.

I remain addicted to amazon's source natural yaeyama powder. I ordered a new bottle less than a month ago and it's about half way gone. If this stuff really increases hair growth, I will surely know when I take my tree braids out in about a month.

^^^ All this I am looking forward to. I have been taking Chlorella now for about 2 weeks so will be interesting to see.

With Chlorella, you will be late, and or even miss a cycle at the start, but it's an awesome regulator, it will return and you will be on like clockwork again with less pain, and shorter cycles. :yep:

^^^ Cool good to know this in advance.

Vintageglam

Detox is a benefit. Spr/Chl are Superfoods, consider them like a food/snack not a supplement. There are people who chew on the pills all day long, and even those who consume a whopping 70g per day. :blush: There are so many benefits of taking them.

People regulate their dosage according to their body's sensitivity, and or tolerance of the detox symptoms. 3g-6g is good. 12g is great for medicinal purposes, and those who just want more benefits, added protection so to speak.

Hope you enjoy being GREEN.

Good to know this. I think I will up my dose slowly from my current 5/6 g to about 12g to help me with an all over body skin infection I have. :scratchch

lol, my nails on my left hand are much nicer than on my right hand too, i think because we use our left hands less?

Actually BA its to do with blood supply also as well as use. De-oxygenated and Oxygenated blood travel down diff sides of the body hence why you will also find your skin on one side is also nicer.

dyh080

I bought and read a health book today for overall health improvement. In the hair section the author says, ""Healthy kidneys produce lots of fast-growing healthy hair.' And among the foods recommended that will strengthen kidney function is chlorella, listed as a superfood.

THe book is "You are what you Eat" by Dr. Gillian McKeith

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
How are you ladies storing the powder. I bought the Jarrows Brand with 500 servings per container, I'm just wondering if I can keep it on the shelf or will I need to refridgerate. ITA

luckiestdestiny

OK, So I got my touch up yesterday and the relaxer did not take. My hair was so course. I am going to need a corrective relaxer. Anyone else had issues?

Hey all! I still check in from time to time to see how it's going. I know the quick start guide helps but when I see something unanswered I try to chime in if I can.

In the case of coarse hair Madamdot,
I cannot say I've noticed that with chlorella. I haven't found any others noticing that either, but please if anyone has this happen please chime in! Maybe it's something else going on in your system?

I will say I noticed thicker, lusher, or shall I say more dense hair (like I still have thin hair but the density makes it look thick) with chlorella. Anyone else?

Vintageglam

I bought and read a health book today for overall health improvement. In the hair section the author says, ""Healthy kidneys produce lots of fast-growing healthy hair.' And among the foods recommended that will strengthen kidney function is chlorella, listed as a superfood.

THe book is "You are what you Eat" by Dr. Gillian McKeith

Do not know is this is relevant but since my late teens/ early twenties, I have had a history of Kidney infections, which subsequently stopped in my mid teens when I got more responsible with healthy eating and incr my water intake.

I have been taking Chlorella now for three weeks and I must admit I feel great :grin:

The last few days however I had the most intense pains in my back (but hopefully not as horrific) in the same place as where I used to feel a pain when I got my kidney infections. I am not sure if this is a detox-de-blocking effect so if someone can please chime in I would really appreciate it.

Loving this stuff btw and I have turned green :blush:

HealthyHair2007

Hi all,
I am still taking my CHL and just picked back up my Spir. I am not sure if it's making my hair grow any, since I lost so much with my last tree braids. But health wise I feel great from taking it. It's a top keeper.

Jade Feria

I "went green" today! I've been taking Chl for about 3 days now. I haven't had any detox symptoms at all...Maybe because I tend to eat organically/naturally? Either way, I'm excited for the results! I'm a vegetarian as well, so I'm happy about the protein and nutrient content.

Vintageglam

Ladies this stuff is very strong and very effective. I am taking Clorella with a Green superfood mix which also contains spirulina (organic frog joint formula) and whilst I haven't had any serious detox reactions I can feel the effects.

polished07

This is very helpful, Im starting to read this all over again I finally started my chlorella shake yesterday, I mix it with boathouse farms green smoothie, the taste was UGGGHHHH :nono: But I got it down when I thought of my mbl hair by next december, lol! I looked up the metrics and it looks like 1tblspoon = to 14.18 grams, I only started yesterday but I took a leveled teaspoon yesterday early eve after my workout and this morning, should I wait to up to a whole teaspoon? I dont have have any health problems, I do need alot more energy however and stress has been a recent factor in my life. Let me know what you ladies think, now let me get back to reading Im excited ;)

guudhair

you should increase gradually so your body can adjust to it being in your system...every site I've been on makes that suggestion and that each person has a "comfort limit" so it's best to increase gradually...I've been increasing by 1g every 3-4 days...I'm up to 8g now with no adverse reactions....I'm taking the 500mg tablets...6 tablets in the am, 5 in the afternoon, and 5 in the evening.

Last edited:

Vintageglam

^^^ Z have you tried the Source Naturals Yameya chlorella? Its actually quite bare-able and I am not that bothered by the taste that much anymore.

Its more the spirulina whole food which I mix it with that makes me gag a bit....

The source Naturals one is also quite cheap and lasts about 2 months...

madamdot

OK, another update. One I am really excited about:

I got my lab results back and my blood sugar is PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The last time I had labs my doctor said I was pre-diabetic. I was so scared. I know this was a side effect of Hashimoto's.

Even though my weight has gone up since the last lab (because of HC) all my vitamin levels have increased, my cholesterol is Perfect (improved from last lab) and my blood sugar is perfect. HURRAY!!!!!!!!!

I am have also decreased my HC by 1/3 since January without any side effects.

The only change is the Chlorella.

BTW- my nails are no longer brittle. I have lost a few pounds but nothing that I am excited about yet (though I am indeed happy). Hair still course though.

JFemme

OK, another update. One I am really excited about:

I got my lap results back and my blood sugar is PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The last time I had labs my doctor said I was pre-diabetic. I was so scared. Even though my weight has gone up since the last lab (because of HC) all my vitamin levels have increased, my cholesteral is Perfect and my blood sugar is perfect. HURRAY!!!!!!!!!

The only change is the Chlorella.

BTW- my nails are no longer brittle. I have lost a few pounds but nothing that I am excited about yet (though I am indeed happy). Hair still course though.

Very interesting....

My levels have went down significantly since starting CHL...:yep:

I'm not pre-diabetic, but I still watch my levels like a hawk since this condition is rampant in my family tree...

Thanks for helping me make that connection...

Congrats, to lower stats, great health !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:grin:

MsRR

I started Source Naturals Yameya on Feb 3 the tablets until my powder came in. I am taking 2 tsp which is 6grams I think...at what point will I be able to have a BM without drinking prune juice on downing a bottle of Magnesium Citrate? Also before Chlorella my BM's were like once a week... but I thought this would help in time and I drink plenty of water always have.