• Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters

madamdot

I got my Dr. Mercola chlorella today. It says take 15 pills daily and that is 3 grams of chlorella. Are u guys saying to at least quadruple that for maximize benefits?

No not at all. Lots of people get benefits from 3-6 grams of chlorella.

I take a lot because I am desperately trying to heal my body from effects of Hashimoto's disease as well as to support my body and immune system as I wean of hydrocortisone (which is a form of steroid).

Nameless

My poop isn't green :(. Well, it's a bit of a darker brown than usual. I've been using it for a week but I'm still not sure about the brand I'm using

Oh I C. Prayers and blessings for a fast healing for you.

No not at all. Lots of people get benefits from 3-6 grams of chlorella.

I take a lot because I am desperately trying to heal my body from effects of Hashimoto's disease as well as to support my body and immune system as I wean of hydrocortisone (which is a form of steroid).

madamdot

Has anyone noticed changed in their hair texture with Chlorella?

My new growth at the front of my head come in extra coily . . . I cant even explain it. The last time I got a touch-up my stylist said she thought I had twisted some of my hair into locs. She had a hard time straightening them out.

Not complaining really . . . the downside is that I really like the way it feels and I cant keep my hand out of my hair. I have even been tempted to cut one out to play with it.

I wont! I wont!

mstar

Luxury bacon
Hi everyone. My journey with chlorella has come to an end, sadly. :( :( I gave it my best shot for 9-10 months, but it just didn't work out for me. I still don't know why it wasn't the miracle product for me that it seems to be for so many of you.

Aside from all of the deeper health benefits of chlorella, my main day-to-day concern was regularity, and I've been able to manage that just fine with Acidophilus Pearls IC. My insomnia has greatly improved since I stopped taking chlorella, and of course, my whole life is improved when I get proper rest. I'm feeling SO much better now...it's kind of amazing.

Anyways, I have eight fresh boxes of Source Naturals Yaeyama chlorella tablets that I'm selling for a discounted price. I will list them in the exchange forum, or you can PM me if you're interested. :)

mariofmagdal

Hi everyone. My journey with chlorella has come to an end, sadly. :( :( I gave it my best shot for 9-10 months, but it just didn't work out for me. I still don't know why it wasn't the miracle product for me that it seems to be for so many of you.

Aside from all of the deeper health benefits of chlorella, my main day-to-day concern was regularity, and I've been able to manage that just fine with Acidophilus Pearls IC. My insomnia has greatly improved since I stopped taking chlorella, and of course, my whole life is improved when I get proper rest. I'm feeling SO much better now...it's kind of amazing.

Anyways, I have eight fresh boxes of Source Naturals Yaeyama chlorella tablets that I'm selling for a discounted price. I will list them in the exchange forum, or you can PM me if you're interested. :)

PM'd you. My daughter takes the smaller tablets. :grin:

guudhair

No, sorry if it's not clear. I am taking 12g Chl - 24g Spirulina daily along with Acidophillis because Spr can cause constipation at times.

Thanks....how long have you been taking those doses?....am I suppose to gradually increase both or just Chl?...I am up to 4g each and will increase to 5g each tomorrow.

Prosperity711

Did it make you sick? After 9-10 months what happened?

mariofmagdal

Thanks....how long have you been taking those doses?....am I suppose to gradually increase both or just Chl?...I am up to 4g each and will increase to 5g each tomorrow.

I gradually went up, just like you are doing. I continued to increase the SPR after I reached my 12g for Chl.

I have been on both since Jan. 09.

mariofmagdal

I still can't understand why most people don't just take the recommended dosage on the bottle.

12g after much research has been deemed the medicinal suggested amount. Most take that and more due to their medical conditions be it personal or family history.

If you are in great health and just want the added benefit of a great supplement, then by all means stop with the dosage per the label. It has also been noted that you are at the right dosage when your BM's are green. Some have not gone green at 3g per the package dosage.

It's a personal choice just the same. Everyone should listen to the signals from their body regarding this and any supplement.

Enjoy being GREEN....:grin:

Prosperity711

12g after much research has been deemed the medicinal suggested amount. Most take that and more due to their medical conditions be it personal or family history.

If you are in great health and just want the added benefit of a great supplement, then by all means stop with the dosage per the label. It has also been noted that you are at the right dosage when your BM's are green. Some have not gone green at 3g per the package dosage.

It's a personal choice just the same. Everyone should listen to the signals from their body regarding this and any supplement.

Enjoy being GREEN....:grin:

I do understand your situation and why you are taking more, I was just wondering if you don't have any health problem and just taking it to have a good supplement will you still get benefits if you take the recommended amount on the bottle, if you don't go green does that mean you aren't getting any benefits? I only take 3 gms, not green, only benefit I feel is more energy but I haven't been taking it that long.

mariofmagdal

I do understand your situation and why you are taking more, I was just wondering if you don't have any health problem and just taking it to have a good supplement will you still get benefits if you take the recommended amount on the bottle, if you don't go green does that mean you aren't getting any benefits? I only take 3 gms, not green, only benefit I feel is more energy but I haven't been taking it that long.

I can't say you won't get any good benefits at that level, even as you say you are getting increased energy, that's great. It was through research that I learned going green (BM's) was the key to if you are taking enough for your body, a true sign that it is working, along side detoxing or being in a healing crisis. It also takes a good 3 months to notice a real change. Going Green and detoxing are quick signs that it's working. If I were you I would increase to where I have green BM's and stop there.

I hope I have been helpful. :yep:

Prosperity711

Ok, I will do that, I haven't been taking it for 3 months yet, and out of pure laziness I have missed some days but I plan to be more consistent, thanks for all of your advise.

guudhair

I also read recommendations to take a maintenance or healing dose based off your body weight...I'm still not green at 4g but will continue to increase....based on their formula, my maintenance dose came out to 7.5g for Spr and 3.5g for Chl...and the healing dose came out to Spr-14.5g and Chl-7.5g for my weight.

Last edited:

mariofmagdal

I also read recommendations to take a maintenance or healing dose based off your body weight...based on their formula, my maintenance dose came out to 7.5g for Spr and 3.5g for Chl...and the healing dose came out to Spr-14.5g and Chl-7.5g.

That's a good way of doing it. I measure my daughters by 200mg per year/age, so she takes 1200mg per day, and will up to 1400mg per day when she turns 7 in May. She does not take SPR, don't want to give her too many pills. CHL, her multi, and MSM (1000mg) do her very well. :grin:

Chocolate_Silk

I can't say you won't get any good benefits at that level, even as you say you are getting increased energy, that's great. It was through research that I learned going green (BM's) was the key to if you are taking enough for your body, a true sign that it is working, along side detoxing or being in a healing crisis. It also takes a good 3 months to notice a real change. Going Green and detoxing are quick signs that it's working. If I were you I would increase to where I have green BM's and stop there.

I hope I have been helpful. :yep:

I'm curious... Say you are taking the recommended dosage and you go green, if you stay on that dosage for a while and you're no longer "green" is it necessary to up your dosage. I ask this because I'm wondering since it has all (or most) of the vitamins your body requires aren't you still getting those vitamins even when your poop is no longer green?

Last edited:

Chocolate_Silk

I also read recommendations to take a maintenance or healing dose based off your body weight...I'm still not green at 4g but will continue to increase....based on their formula, my maintenance dose came out to 7.5g for Spr and 3.5g for Chl...and the healing dose came out to Spr-14.5g and Chl-7.5g for my weight.

Where did you find the information regarding body weight and dosage?? I would like to find out what my recommended dosage is...

growinghealthyhair

I would love to try this, but I'm reading that this causes weight loss, and thats definitly something i'm not trying to do(actually trying to gain a few pounds) is there anything i can do to counteract that effect?

mstar

Luxury bacon
FYI, MSTAR and I had a very successful exchange :grin:

I like to share when I have positive results with board members, adds a human element to us....:yep:

THANKS a BUNCH MSTAR!
No, thank you for taking it off of my hands! I'm glad everything arrived safe and sound, and thanks so much for being such a friendly and pleasant lady. It was a real pleasure meeting you, and good luck with your daughter's allergies this spring. :yep:

You know what's funny? As I was boxing up your tablets, it occurred to me that perhaps Source Naturals was just not the right brand for me. I never even tried another brand. :lol: So perhaps I'll re-join this thread in a few months, if I get up the nerve to give chlorella another go.

Good luck to all of you on your chl journeys...

guudhair

I would love to try this, but I'm reading that this causes weight loss, and thats definitly something i'm not trying to do(actually trying to gain a few pounds) is there anything i can do to counteract that effect?

I'm trying to gain weight too...I've only been taking this for two weeks but so far I haven't noticed any weight loss...I'll keep you posted if I do.

Nameless

Has anyone noticed a lighter menstral flow and no cramps? It doesn't even feel like I'm on my monthly punishment (as in the pain).