How Did You Fare In 2010?

How Did You Fare in 2010?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I really had no goals because I can never stick to them. I will say I do finally after several years have a regimen down yay! I also k ow which products work for me as well. I guess I should try and set goals for next year.

I started at APL and went on to just making MBL and then I cut my hair to SL after transitioning for a little over 18 months.

I joined LHCF in 2010 and was in a newbie/freshman phase of my HHJ. I didn't have any goals. I was just along for the ride. Leading into my sophomore year, I have goals - at BSL with a healthy nape and full edges. I think I'm almost there with my length but the nape area needs some work. It's nowhere near the length of the rest of my hair. I had a setback earlier this year due to a stretch gone bad so I also want to grow hair back in those areas.

Here's my 2010 progress that I tracked. I didn't start taking pics until months after joining LHCF.

Larger photo of my Dec 2010.
Reveal1.jpg

Last edited:
I met my goal of having long hair, it was MBL. Decided it didn't do me justice so cut it to a little above SL and feel so much better. :yep:

I picked other because I just started my HHJ the last week of September, I do see progress but I didn't expect anything major in just a few months. I have learned so so much about my hair and my daughters hair. I'm just thankfull for that.

In the upcoming year I am working toward WL. I'm kinda amped!:yay:

My goal at first was to reach Hip Length by the end of the year or be at least half way there....i am...but i forgot about my relaxed hair's length and now i'm focusing on my transition:D

Even though i picked other.....i am also regrouping for 2011 bc i'm hoping to be (natural hair stretched) SL/APL by the end of the year....if i am....i will BC.:yep:

I did not set a length goal for 2010 but I am happy with my retention progress. I wanted to learn more about my hair's likes/dislikes, which I did so I'm happy. What I need to work on is my documentation of my HHJ, my goal was monthly updates, but unfortunately they were few and far between. I'm working on that for 2011 though...

I will continue my transition and hopefully BC either at 18 months or 2 years post. So yes I met my goal of transitioning for 1 year with a healthy head of hair.

I reached my goal of APL :yep:

The first pic is February 2010
The second November 2010

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC00952.jpg
    DSC00952.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 16
I chose other. I've only been a member for a few months so I wasn't expecting anything. My hair is SO thick now and soft and slightly longer (I'm sure only I can tell) in such a short amount of time. I'm very excited about the new year!

I big chopped in august, so I didn't really think it would be useful to set a goal. I'm still working on figuring out what my natural hair likes. (Other)

I didn't meet my goal but I'm not upset b/c I know what I did wrong and I figured out how to rectify the problem for 2011.

This is me all the way! I know exactly what my problem is and how to fix it, Im not consistent when I was preggo I didnt have anything to but be consistent (I stayed at home) so Im on it, and Im keeping things simple!

I big chopped in august, so I didn't really think it would be useful to set a goal. I'm still working on figuring out what my natural hair likes. (Other)

I just wanted to say that I LOVE your curls!!!!!

This is me all the way! I know exactly what my problem is and how to fix it, Im not consistent when I was preggo I didnt have anything to but be consistent (I stayed at home) so Im on it, and Im keeping things simple!

Awww...Well, :congrats: on your new bundle of joy!!! Like you said, you know what to do for 2011, so :congrats: to you for that!

I voted that I didn't quite meet my goal but I'm still satisfied. I did a few 2-3 trims since my BC in February.

BC 2/10
picture.php

2.5 months post BC
picture.php

7 months post BC
picture.php

October update in siggy. I won't do another update until January or February.

I guess I'm about where I thought I would be at this time of of year... dusting SL. My hair is growing.. it's evolving and changing and I'm enjoying watching it transform but at the same time I get impatient with it... I'm not excited about the lenth yet. I'm hoping in 2011 I will be able to reach some lengths I can be excited about! :)

I'm close my goal for 2010. I started the year w/ my longest layer just a little longer than shoulder length and now my shortest layer is shoulder length and my longest is BSL. Goal for 2011 is MBL. Then maybe I will feel like I've got long hair :)

i am so pissed off right now
I lost one whole years worth of hair because of weather
I spent one year in scotland doing my masters and after leaving my home country with full almost BSL hair, and now I am done, my hair is at apl and requires serious trimming. I shed so much hair from the cold weather that even my husband noticed I was loosing hair and it was also breaking.
My back hair is the worst affected. I changed relaxer to lye and that was the worst thing I ever did as my hair was always shrinking at the back causing massive breakage where because it was touching my shoulder.
Anyway 2011 is a new year and i am focusing on a healthier me focusing on my hair and body. I will retain all my inches next year and I will be doing serious protective styling for my ends and I am switching back to no lye relaxer which was better for me.

i am so pissed off right now
I lost one whole years worth of hair because of weather
I spent one year in scotland doing my masters and after leaving my home country with full almost BSL hair, and now I am done, my hair is at apl and requires serious trimming. I shed so much hair from the cold weather that even my husband noticed I was loosing hair and it was also breaking.
My back hair is the worst affected. I changed relaxer to lye and that was the worst thing I ever did as my hair was always shrinking at the back causing massive breakage where because it was touching my shoulder.
Anyway 2011 is a new year and i am focusing on a healthier me focusing on my hair and body. I will retain all my inches next year and I will be doing serious protective styling for my ends and I am switching back to no lye relaxer which was better for me.

@augiemoment I'm so sorry to hear about your setback :bighug: 1. :congrats: on completing your Master's degree! 2. At least you have a plan for 2011 and you are moving forward, so that's wonderful!!!! You'll be MBL in no time!!! :yep: :yep:

I voted that I didn't quite meet my goal but I'm still satisfied. I did a few 2-3 trims since my BC in February.

That's great progress! :congrats:

I guess I'm about where I thought I would be at this time of of year... dusting SL. My hair is growing.. it's evolving and changing and I'm enjoying watching it transform but at the same time I get impatient with it... I'm not excited about the lenth yet. I'm hoping in 2011 I will be able to reach some lengths I can be excited about! :)

I have a feeling that 2011 is going to be your year to "whip your hair" Missjae!!!! :yep:

I'm close my goal for 2010. I started the year w/ my longest layer just a little longer than shoulder length and now my shortest layer is shoulder length and my longest is BSL. Goal for 2011 is MBL. Then maybe I will feel like I've got long hair :)

Sounds like you are progressing nicely!!!! :congrats:

Back