How did you find LHCF?

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I was doing a search on Yahoo for growing long hair and I saw a link to den1's feature of the month page. Then I started browsing around for a couple of days and eventually joined! :)

SpiritJunkie

the whole hair thing started for me from young black and fabulous blog this past summer..she mentioned a site about how to grow healthy black hair and ever since i've been searching for more and found this.

I'm on the boards all day everday and my co-workers (and my kids) are like, what's up with this hair stuff? Mommy is on the hair site again..blah blah blah...

But they sure noticed how my hair is looking much healthier now though! :grin:
God Bless LHCF!

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
I was a member of BHM before LHCF. I knew of BHM, but not of the forum. In November 2005, I started posting on BHM. In February 06, I came across LHCF during a Google search ("long black hair" or something like that). I registered on the LHCF site, but I was puzzled as to why I couldn't post or look at anyone's profile to get their fotki password :lol:. I didn't know that you had to pay. Anyhoo, after not being able to figure out why I couldn't post, I didn't worry about it. I went back to BHM. During the summer while working, I would browse the net....I came back to the LHCF site to lurk. Needless to say, I found out that I had to pay $5 in order to become a full-fledged member and post. I paid the $5, and here I am now, happy as ever. So ever since then, I've been cheating on BHM with LHCF. I can't remember the last time I was on BHM, honestly.

SparklingFlame

shunta said:
Yeah, me too. Ever since Ive heard about LHCF on Black Hair Media, I dont even visit that site anymore. I like LHCF sooooo much better.:D
Mee too, girl!

I dont even go to NP.com that much either. They have tons of forums but I dont know, for some reason I like here better. They can be a bit.....I cant find the word I'm looking for right now.

Someone said earlier that they were talking trash about LHCF on another forum. WHAT CAN YOU POSSIBLY FIND NEGATIVE TO SAY ABOUT THIS BOARD?????? :perplexed :ohwell: :look:

mppaul2

Yes, this is exactly my same story of how I found LHCF...never looking back:)

MizaniMami said:
I was a member of a relaxedhaircare board (an ezboard). But it was soooo dead and useless. Someone posted a copy of "a newbie's guide" from here. i read it here, and I never went back to that ezboard. I go back from time to time, but it's actually pretty pathetic there.

MiWay

Via BHM. I kept seeing people mention LHCF, but I never knew what it stood for. So I just did a search on LHCF, and there it was!

p31woman

One of my close friends was always talking about it. She showed me the site and when I made the decision to transition I became hooked.

There needs to be some type of LCHF Rehab...I swear I'm addicted!! For everyone who is in college...LCHF has proven to be, for me, more addictive than Facebook!!!:lachen:

LondonDiva

There was a board before this I think longhairlovers or something like that where white as well as black women posted back in 2000-2001 or so. There was a little bit of upset about creating a black section on the forum so Bev started this one and we soon followed. I've been here since 2002, before that I was on a site called blackhaircare.com (I think) some may have eventually floated over here and since left but I remember posting here and seeing Allandra as one of the 1st posters on LHCF. Infact it's LHCF's 4th birthday this month!!! :D

V

vivadiva85

I heard about it from a friend who was a lurker... she used to stalk sistaslicks fotki (should have said that) and showed me her progress picks. I didnt join right away because i was taking good care of my hair ... then i had the mishap with the non-coloring @$$ stylist :mad: :mad: :mad: , reevaluated my hair goals, and joined. this all happened in the time span of a year.

Softresses

I had gotten tired of hairdressers wanting to try things with my hair and over processing me. I started growing out my cut and looked on the internet for information on long hair care. I found this site and lurked for a whole year before finally joining!

Softresses

Daisimae

The beginning of this month I dyed my hair at home with permanent dye. The color came out too dark. I was online searching for how to get the color out of my hair so I could try again or if it would be ok to put a lighter color over the darker color. This site came up.

After reading a few hours, I forgot about getting my head a lighter color. Instead I decided to grow the broken off triangle in the back of my head out again, so I joined.

I mainly joined so I could search, then decided posting wasn't a bad idea either.

I've told my Sister and one of my cousin's about the site, but, they haven't joined.

hothair

From a friend on the site, told my sis who's decided I should be the one getting the info and then practising on her head, and my sisters in law who've got quite long hair already but were picking up bad hair habits (flat iron everyday)....

bablou00

My sis told me about BHM and while I was on there someone mentioned this site and at the time I wanted all the information I could get because I was in braids forever and natural and wanted to learn how to take better care of relaxed hair so I came here and never turned back. I think I read every thread from the first one posted up until I joined.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I found LHCF from another hair board, I think it was hairboutique. I don't share this web site with anybody.

ChocalateDiva

I read about the Mason Pearson Brush in Essence Magazine. I was googling the brush to see what the reviews were on AA hair and up came a link for LHCF. I was like WTH!!! Black women with my hair type got hair down to the bra strap and beyond!!:eek: I was hooked!! Lurked for 2 weeks and then joined. I love y'all. :)

KnottyGurl

I came across it in UBH Publications. Someone mentioned LHCF, so I did a search and found it. I've been hooked every since. :love:

youwillrise

i originally came here in summer 2004 (under the name tasteslikemusic)
before you had to subscribe

then, i lurked for a good long while
until i got a paypal acct.

it's funny because i've had my paypal acct for over a week..maybe 2, i think
and it JUST came to me today that i can finally officially re-join this site!

i dont remember exactly how i got here, though. i think i might have just googled some stuff on hair care and this came up.