How did you stumble across LHCF?

aquajoyice

I came across this site purely by accident after looking for ways to take care of my hair. I found a site that talked about hair typing and ran across Cathy Howse that ended up leading me here. I'll never forget the first time I laid my eyes across so many beautiful AA women with gorgeous hair and thought it was a scam. So I lurked and lurked for years until I finally found the guts to come out of hiding. And i've been addicted ever since :drunk:

varaneka

last December, I got highlights by one of the most incompetent stylists I'd ever been to, so I HAD to fix my hair for the holidays myself. Thanks to Google, LHCF supplied many answers I needed.

SherylsTresses

In Dec 08 I did a google search on how to help grow strong black hair, and I came across this forum. I was devouring the info all night! I found a great regimen and it worked...I've been lurking ever since. I've even decided to go natural. I haven't had a relaxer since Dec 28th of 08. I decided to pay my subscription this week so that I could ask questions...LOL!

Welcome Peachfuzz! :yep:

SherylsTresses

I came across this site purely by accident after looking for ways to take care of my hair. I found a site that talked about hair typing and ran across Cathy Howse that ended up leading me here. I'll never forget the first time I laid my eyes across so many beautiful AA women with gorgeous hair and thought it was a scam. So I lurked and lurked for years until I finally found the guts to come out of hiding. And i've been addicted ever since :drunk:

A scam...?!?! Now that's funny! :lachen::grin::lachen::grin:

tocktick

Nappturality.com forum. I noticed LHCF kept being mentioned in a negative way, so I decided to see for myself what the big deal was. As it so happened, I preferred the health section of this forum as it was more active. I think I subscribed so I could post in that section. After a short while, I was much more frequent on here than NP.

Last edited:

Bettina

Option 4:
I've always wanted long healthy hair like the rest of my family...I was on another board looking for ways to improve the health of my then relaxed hair and found LHCF--I joined right away and really got serious the beggining of this year. I LOVE THIS SITE & The support that flows from it! Thank you all :)

isabella09

Option 1; I was researching on google for information about taking care of black hair and this lead me to www.growafrohairlong.com, then BHM which subsequently lead me to LHCF. After a year of infrequently lurking both forums' I decided to join LHCF and take the whole hair thing a little more seriously. Although I have a much lighter purse from when I started my healthy hair care journey:lachen:, I have found my staples, overjoyed with the wealth of knowledge I have gained and the support network available here. Thank's everyone!

Last edited:

prettybyrd

Nappturality.com forum. I noticed LHCF kept being mentioned in a negative way, so I decided to so for myself what the big deal was.

Ditto! :yep:

The first time that happened I came to this site and loved what I saw, despite what was being said, so I signed up and lurked. I even liked LHCF better than Nappturality - no offense to that forum - it's great...

Then I went to a Dominican Salon where my nautral hair underwent severe heat damage and began to break off in chunks within days. (I'd never had that happen before)

I searched Nappturality for recovery tips, and the only info I got from the archives was: cut off all hair and start anew, a stern admonishment never to straighten again, and a healthy dose of "that's what you get!".

But cutting my hair (and never straightening it again) were not options.

So I Goolged something about "Natural hair, heat damage, repair" and a blog came up with a link to LHCF and information about Aphogee. I came to LHCF got some great tips, went out that night and bought some Aphogee 2 in1 and then I got out the credit card and purchased membership.

My hair has never been happier!

You ladies on this site are an amazing resource, and I really love coming to the site for all sorts of information. :bighug:

sleepflower

Doing a bunch of searches. LHCF kept coming up, and I would read, and then move on. I did not notice I was coming to the same place a lot until, as someone else said, I saw people speaking negatively about it. I wanted to see what it was about, and then once I saw the number of members and the sheer amount of information, I joined. The other places did not seem as big or knowledgeable.

So here we are.

MizAvalon

I did a search for "black women with long hair" or something like that and this site was among the results. I lurked for almost a year and then joined so that I could respond to a thread. Including lurking time I have been here for almost 6 years! :eek:

fattyfatfat

I did a yahoo search for black hair care and this site came up in the search results. I lurked for a LONG time and took a pic of my hair to really see how it looked. After seeing how damaged my hair was (see first signature pic) I paid my $5 soooo quickly!

Other... I did a search on yahoo for natual black hair care and was directed to this forum and NP. I initially joined NP because it seemed to suit me at the time. Then I wanted some variety, I like looking at all types of ways to take care of hair plus I have family members who are not natural and seemed to need some hair care tips too.

So I found this site and lurked for a long while and then subscribed. I find this forum very interesting.

Edited to Add: I also read a lot about this site on NP. Like another poster said, there were a lot of negative comments about this site on there. It made me check this forum out a lot more.

Last edited:

czyfaith77

I first learned of LHCF in Dec. 2004. It was I think pic of Den1 or maybe someone else who had pictures and made reference to the site on Crown and Glory website http://www.growafrohairlong.com/. I have been on every since. I declare it seems longer than that.

czyfaith77

BTW....That wasn't not an endorsement of the site. Just a reference as to where I first learned of LHCF.

DaPPeR

NIBERIANGIRL
Searched "black women with long hair" and found the site. I was so happy. I have never had my hair grow past my shoulders. I am now well on my way to APL!

mariofmagdal

Searching for ways to care for an unwanted perm in my daughters hair. This site has proven 2B the best ever! Her hair is long and gorgeous a lil over a year later!

Bulletproof

tHicK hAIr dOn't CarE
Nappturality.com forum. I noticed LHCF kept being mentioned in a negative way, so I decided to see for myself what the big deal was. As it so happened, I preferred the health section of this forum as it was more active. I think I subscribed so I could post in that section. After a short while, I was much more frequent on here than NP.

tocktick, why was LHCF not well received over at Nappturality? I can't imagine a reason as everyone is welcome on this board from what I see and I don't see LHCF members even bashing other forums. Of course I am a newbie so maybe I am missing important details.

Wynndie

I stumbled upon it accidently when I was searching for black hair care tips. I'm so glad I found this place.

lilsparkle825

I was a fan of afrobella.com, and one day she did an entry on hair care that linked to Macherieamour's article on cowashing. I decided to click on her blog and saw all that hair on her head...then from reading I learned that she wasn't just half Indian or something (don't worry, I don't think like that anymore). I said "hey, if she got her hair that long, maybe I can too" and clicked through every link on that site, eventually getting to the LHCF link. I lurked for about a month before I couldn't take it anymore and joined.

tocktick

tocktick, why was LHCF not well received over at Nappturality? I can't imagine a reason as everyone is welcome on this board from what I see and I don't see LHCF members even bashing other forums. Of course I am a newbie so maybe I am missing important details.

sending you a pm...

Last edited:

Aggie

I learned about it from another hair board - BHM.com. I came over, lurked for about a month, saw how active and informative everyone on the board were and the rest is history.

~NanCeBoTwin~

Around September of last year I did a goggle search, it was related to AA hair but I don't remember what I was searching. Then in Nov I was looking for some more info on hair and remembered this site so I did a google search again to find the site, I couldn't remember the full name I knew it had something to do with long hair. I've been hooked since, lol....

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I was surfing the internet one night and inserting random terms based on my desires (I was going through a self-improvement period). I typed in black hair care and this forum was one of the results.