How do you long hair ladies do it?

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I am 1 1/2 inches from BSL and I think I'm gonna have to seriously consider finding a hair stylist. Self relaxing and trimming is not a problem but when it comes to rollersetting this stuff I don't think my arms are gonna be long enough to handle this stuff once I reach BSL or beyond. It's been nine yrs since I let another stylist do my hair and I have some kind of phobia about it that I need to start getting over.
Now last night I did a t-up and rinse in mahoghany by Adore, then I decided to wet wrap my hair which I haven't done in a very long time, but my daughters hair was swinging last wk when I did it so I decided to save myself some time since it was after 4am.
Anyway, how do you long hair ladies do it all? please share some of your tips. TIA

BeautifulWideEyes said:
I am 1 1/2 inches from BSL and I think I'm gonna have to seriously consider finding a hair stylist. Self relaxing and trimming is not a problem but when it comes to rollersetting this stuff I don't think my arms are gonna be long enough to handle this stuff once I reach BSL or beyond. It's been nine yrs since I let another stylist do my hair and I have some kind of phobia about it that I need to start getting over.
Now last night I did a t-up and rinse in mahoghany by Adore, then I decided to wet wrap my hair which I haven't done in a very long time, but my daughters hair was swinging last wk when I did it so I decided to save myself some time since it was after 4am.
Anyway, how do you long hair ladies do it all? please share some of your tips. TIA
This is so tricky to master. Especially on your own hair because you can't really see what you are doing. I always start and the top (crown) and work my way down because the crown is the hardest to wrap. One thing that I have noticed is that for bouncy hair, less product is best. You can always add a little serum or oil for shine once your hair is dry. But if you do too much to it when it's wet, it can be a disaster. HTH.

Thanks, the wet wrapping was actually a breeze and I was able to comb it down and no flat ironing was needed. It's the rollersetting that I just couldn't think about doing, and combing it wet was something else slinging wet hair from one side to the other leaning over head tilted type stuff :lol: , oh believe me I'm not complaining I'm excited but a little worried too.

Back