How Much Are You Spending?

Great thread!

I am:
1. searching for my Holy Grail products,
2. trying to Nail My Regimen,
3. at the "awkward stage" length, and
4. caring for naturally highly porous hair . . .

. . . so at the moment I spend more than I would ideally want.

I am doing the following with the goal of getting my spending at a level that makes me feel more peaceful about it all:
1. focusing on the product/tool + technique interaction and trialing new products/tools many times and with different techniques before abandoning the product/tool in search of yet another shiny, new product/tool

2. keeping a wish-list of products/tools that get my attention and deciding amongst the products/tools instead of feeling compelled to purchase instantly once I hear of something that sounds good

3. documenting my purchases with dates (it is a good eye opener to see in black and white my purchasing FREQUENCY and amounts)

4. buying samples first WHENEVER I can

5. prepping adequately for a 3-month No-buy so that I can enjoy that time (have fun exploring my hair care because I've got what I need and am NOT spending, yet having fun!)

6. purchasing with the focus of addressing my hair care challenges, and not because something in general is askew with my regimen

7. understanding that my trigger is this awkward stage length . . . and thus calming down a bit and focusing on hair health and gaining skills while I wait for a length I know is coming that I will enjoy immensely

It's slow going, but I'm discovering staple and holy grail product/tool + technique combinations bit by bit! Once I nail a few awesome variations of my hair care regimen, I will have a hair product sale to benefit someone else.

In my book, it's all good, it's a fun blessing, and it's working itself out because it's all purposeful. I want to be a good steward of my resources, and I'm getting there. :smile:

Last edited:
@YvetteWithJoy

The trick to proper hair care and growth is to keep your regimen simple simple simple. Prepoo, Wash, Deep Condition, Moisturize. That's as complex as my regimen gets aside from when I color my gray roots which is done about once every 3-4 weeks. I even started using my hairdrenalin potion as a prepoo because I hate taking the time to put product/balms, etc on my scalp - too time consuming for me.

I hate doing too many things and having too many steps in my regimen. I don't even care to do the oil rinsing anymore since I found NG products ridiculously softens my hair so much so that I don't feel the need to oil rinse anymore. Simplify your regimen and you will definitely enjoy your hair more. I'm trying to free up some of my time to do other important things.

Also eating good, regular exercise and drinking lots of water goes a long way.

Back