How Much do you spend per month on your hair?

PlainJane

I used to spend so much on getting a relaxer, salon visits, weave, new products at least twice a week. i didn't realize how much I was spending until I came across a thread like this and added it up. Oh yeah, and my hair was still a hot mess lol.

But now, probably $15. I don't go to the salon anymore and don't wear weave. I also don't try a lot of new products anymore. If it doesn't work out, I always return it. I usually only buy something when I run out of it. Now my extra cash goes to my closet :)

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
skin, hair and beauty products $10-20 max. *this includes supplements.

My PJ days and expensive product/tool binges paid off.
I don't have to restock often.

Bibliophile

Hair toy Aficionado
This year about $10 per month. I've purchased the expensive tools e.g. - Curlformers, shears, dryer, flat iron, pressing comb, conditioning cap, seamless combs & brushes, hair sticks etc. years ago. My staples have long shelf lives i.e. - shea butter, clays, soaps, Ayurvedic herbs and oils.

I style my hair in twists and updos myself. Last Black Friday I stocked up on my favorite indie brands. Now I'm collecting hair braiding books. They cost ~$5-$15 online. I need to master braiding techniques.

leona2025

Wooo. My how things have changed since I first came to LHCF. I stayed in Sally's or the BSS buying the latest greatest trend. Now I don't care if you can prove a product will give you a inch of ng a day I still will not be moved to get it. lol. I have a couple liters of Joico moisture recovery shampoo and I use ors conditioner and call it a day. I gotta say for the past year I've spent at the most 50$ for the year.

JJamiah

@leona2025 I know just what you mean. I don't frequent the BSS often anymore. I have a stash that seems infinite. I will start and finish there. I just bought one light protein treatment because mostly everything I have is moisture. I don't spend my on my hair any longer. I just have too much to work through.

Blessed&higlyflavoured

Actually its not as bad as I thought it was
Since I stopped going to the BSS as a hobby and I've found products that actually work its cut down drastically
Weaves and braids etc inc hair £100 per year (this may go up) I had a weave at the beginning of the year and I've got braids now
Tools £6 per year 2 x K cutter combs
Products £130 per year, I'm still experimenting with conditioners. I expect this will go down drastically next year