I Ain't Playin' - 2013/2014 Steppin' Out

nakialovesshoes - I saw your awesome updates. I believe you will soon realize the words "it is done" - because without HIM we are nothing and can do nothing. But with HIM we can do all things through Him, who strengthens us.

As for me I did some updates and just when I completed, I hit the enter key but none of my updates posted. Haven't had time to re-do yet - but I will.

Where is and how is everyone else doing?

I have made a couple of updates to my original post, I've been so busy IRL but I'm slowly getting myself together. I'm going to Africa next week and I'm really excited about that, I've got myself a nice notebook ready to brainstorm while I'm away.

I started back on the Obagi today

I'm still up to date with my bible reading. I also Started on hCG & have lost 7 LBS. I officially have 34 more to go.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Sorry ladies - I have attempted to update my regi all week and got distracted each time. Anyway - it is updated. Have some areas I need to beef up - hopefully next update will show an improvement.

heirloom - I read your updates yesterday. FANTASTIC - keep pushing forward. What is your major again??

Angel of the North - I am so jealous - your are going to Africa next week!!! (just kidding - I am happy for you) Nigeria is on the locations I would like to visit as well. I haven't decided where I will travel to in Africa this time. Last time I was in Capetown and Port Elizabeth. Please have a WONDERFUL time and be sure to take notes, pictures and update us when you return.
I see you started back on your Obagi and Sunscreen - REMEMBER to be religious with applying your sunscreen while in Africa :yep:
I'm glad you are doing some socialization with friends/family. It broadens your cultural experiences (dining, theatre, music) and others see you in a different light when you speak of these experiences. Add your travel on top of that and you are indeed quite the interesting conversationalist. Others will have a gleam in their eye (some admiration and some envy) when they hear of your lifestyle. You may motivate others to "move forward and do something different"

Sorry ladies - I have attempted to update my regi all week and got distracted each time. Anyway - it is updated. Have some areas I need to beef up - hopefully next update will show an improvement.

heirloom - I read your updates yesterday. FANTASTIC - keep pushing forward. What is your major again??

I'm doing an equal honours of economics and economic history. And thank you, by being in the challenge I find it so much easier to stay on track. I've never written down before the progress my hair makes, so its encouraging to see the progress with my own eyes

nakialovesshoes - 7lb loss???? :band::dance7::thewave::band2::bouncy::rocker::waytogo:

This is one of the areas I need to improve on but I am having difficulty stayin out of here :fridge: and the red vines bag :lachen: and I have some HCG!!!! smh

Anyway keep up the good work and show me how it's done!:grin:

Where in the world have I been?!! I get on LHCF every single day & missed this thread!! I’d made a commitment to bettering myself & my household since around November 2012 & can really appreciate & learn some things on this thread! I’m all in about “Steppin Out” because I’m not playing either!
Many of my goals I have already met but I’ll list them anyway because practice makes perfect. I also continue to learn new things daily through research on each goal so the goal itself is probably being updated as I type, LOL :lol:!

SPIRITUAL
Spend time with the Lord daily through prayer, reading & just talking Him so that when He speaks to me, then I can clearly hear Him. Try to live by & stand on His word daily. Keep ministering the word to my children & teaching them. Attend church AT LEAST 3 times a month so that I can be continuously fed.

BODY
Run my first 5k & a couple more throughout the year. I started working out at the end of Nov 2012 & I started out running only a mile on the treadmill about 3-4 times weekly. On 3/4/13 I was able to run the full 3.1 miles for the first time & plan to run it at least 2-3 times a week to increase my speed before the 5k on April 27th. Then maybe I’ll sign up for a couple of 10Ks in 2014. I've lost a little over 10 pounds since November & I want to lose about 8-10 more pounds & get more toned up. I exercise 3-4 times a week. Drink 64-80 ounces of water daily. Take vitamins daily. Eat healthy by buying more healthy foods & bringing breakfast & lunch to work. Work on my abs!!

HAIR
Reach SL by December 2013 & APL by May 2014. (I’m only about 2 inches away from SL now in the back & about 4-5 in the front). Stick to my regimen because it’s working so far. Use up or give away my extras in my stash that are currently not being used so that I can eliminate & keep my regimen & products simple. Take vitamins, exercise, & drink water.

FINANCES
Pay 10% tithes regularly. Paying off debt within a year & repairing my credit. Save at least $100 montly. Buy a house by the summer of 2014!! I plan on paying down current expenses & sticking to my budget to achieve these goals. I need to cancel un-necessary subscriptions to eliminate fees. I also need to make sure my financial documents & accounts are in order. Pay bills early or on time.

HOME
De-clutter & organize by going through stuff that is no longer in use & give away. Stop letting mail accumulate before I toss, shred or file away. Stop being wasteful!!

WORK
Be diligent & appreciative in the work that I do. Work first, play later. Finish work long before the due dates. Learn as much as I can so that I can!

EDUCATION
Pay off current debt with financial aid office. Start back to school & complete my last 5 classes for my Bachelors in Accounting. Then enroll for my Masters in Accounting once I finish. I love knowledge!

RELATIONSHIPS
Focus on continuing to increase my bond with God. Make sure that my children know that I love them dearly & spend time with them often! Increase the broken relationship with my sister by talking to her more often weekly. Make sure to send birthday cards to my relatives to let them know that I think about them & that I love them. Continue to trust in the Lord for my husband that he has for me. In the past, I focused too much on trying to find my “husband” myself & it was horrible!! I do a jacked up job if I must say so myself, LOL:lachen::lachen:!! I will focus on bettering myself & life so that whoever God has for me, will not be stepping into a mess.

For all of my goals I plan to minimize those who I share them & my accomplishments with unless the Lord specifically tells me otherwise. I don’t have time for any else’s negativity & to be having to bind up their words over my life and/or circumstances because they choose to feel some kind of way. I’ve learned the hard way in the past that while testimonies are great, not everything (all my business) is meant to be shared with everyone!!

@londonfog - welcome to the thread.:yep: Everything in time - there was a reason you didn't see this thread until today. We don't know why - but God does. What is important is that you are here now. That is one of the things that I ask Him for is discernment along with wisdom. Our goals are very similar. One thing that I did not include in my regimen is my goal to run a 5K this year as well!!!! Tithing is going to deliver major breakthoughs in all our lives who practice it. God opens the window of heaven and He truly pours out those blessings. :yep: Yes - it is the voice of experience (of those blessings):lol:

WOW!!!! I am happy and blessed to see so many God Loving, God fearing women on this thread. God is sooooooooo GOOD ALL the Time!!! Without Him - I am NOTHING!!!

Ladies who "Ain't Playin" in layman's terms, "We Got This" (with God's grace, strength, guidance and mercy of course.) We are going to call those things that are not as though they are - because we ask, trust and believe!!!

It just occurred to me: This thread has another purpose -testimonies- as to how God answers prayers and how He works in our lives. Whew - can you imagine how wonderful it will be when we see Completes/Accomplish against the goals on our "I Ain't Playin'" regimens? Seek ye first, the kingdom of God and all these things will be added onto you.

Ladies please keep these updates coming. These testimonies through our updadates, gives glory and honor to Him who is so worthy and perhaps they will encourage while ministering to others.

You know what : He (God) Ain't Playin' either!!!! :grin:

Last edited:
DanceOnTheSkylines - I saw your updates. You should be proud of them. Deciding a major is a "major" :grin: decision. Graphic design is a booming profession with applicaion in so many areas. And now that you've improved "tweezing your eyebrows" you can save those $ to help achieve some of your other goals. But your obedience in tithing is going to bless you with achieving those goals before you know it.

DanceOnTheSkylines - I saw your updates. You should be proud of them. Deciding a major is a "major" :grin: decision. Graphic design is a booming profession with applicaion in so many areas. And now that you've improved "tweezing your eyebrows" you can save those $ to help achieve some of your other goals. But your obedience in tithing is going to bless you with achieving those goals before you know it.

Thanks girl! I'm already see God honor me in my job. I'm currently part-time but my boss told me a couple of days ago that he is gonna make me full-time soon. I am so happy, to God be the glory!

Hello? Hello? Hello? Anybody else still on this thread? Where is everybody? Where are those updates - I know you all have some. Don't hold out - share the good news. :yep: Bump.... bump.... bump....:grin:

@Lovingmywaves12 - where is that good news update??

I just updated my regimen (in Post 1). This thread is a fantastic tool for me. It helps me see where I am lacking and where I need to spend a little more time. (for example - instead of improving on weight/diet/exercise, I have digressed). Reviewing my regimen - reminds me of that and tells me I need to get busy.
It feels great to mark some tasks completed under a goal area. I can't wait to mark a goal ACCOMPLISHE.

If you decide to "stop playin'' :lachen: and update these regimens, :yep: please include the post number of where your regimen is located. For example my regimen is at Post #1, nakialovesshoes regimen is at Post #43, londonfog's regimen is at Post #70. This will help you and others locate your post for updates quickly and not have to do a manual search.

Last edited:
Lovingmywaves12 - look at ALL of that GROWTH!!!! You are well on your way to WL:yep:. Your hair is so thick - wow!!!
I hope that cornrows gives me this much (and more :grin:) growth.
I plan to keep this set in for 4 weeks. The last set was only in two weeks.
Wonderful progress LMW. It appears your "going back to what worked before" is working!

heirloom - I know what you mean about falling off the bandwagon - I had fallen off a couple of wagons in the last two weeks - but I am jumping back on this week. You are very in tune with your hair - which is great. I am sure this is one of the reasons your hair is so thick.
P.S. Would you mind putting your updates in a different color font (i.e. red) so it's easier to find them?

@Lovingmywaves12 - look at ALL of that GROWTH!!!! You are well on your way to WL:yep:. Your hair is so thick - wow!!!
I hope that cornrows gives me this much (and more :grin:) growth.
I plan to keep this set in for 4 weeks. The last set was only in two weeks.
Wonderful progress LMW. It appears your "going back to what worked before" is working!

ilong,

I LIVE and (almost) DIE by JBCO!!!!! I put it in my hair to help with growth and moisture. I put it on my baby that has HORRIBLE eczema to help with her skin issues (she has suffered most of her life and now I don't have to use rx creams on her anymore). BC of where I live, I can only order it online and I buy 2 or 3 bottles at a time so that I don't worry about running out.

I'm going to try my hand at making lotion with JBCO so that my kiddies can use it this summer. I know that oil in the summer is a recipe for disaster, but I don't want them using anything else since I have something that works.

As far as the growth, I will be cutting off the ragged ends as I go on, so I will have thickness and fullness all over. But I will be rocking these conrows until I cant no moe! I also started taking Bamboo Silica. I am hoping to see a tremendous difference by the end of the year. I have all my needed vits on autoship every month, so I never run out.

I'm gonna stick this out. Besides, if I ever get an "other", I want his mouth to :shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked: when I straighten my hair and go out :grin::grin::grin: and to be able to dispel that black woman hair myth "dont touch my hair! it cant get wet!" Not ALL black women are like that... :nono:

ilong,

I LIVE and (almost) DIE by JBCO!!!!! I put it in my hair to help with growth and moisture. I put it on my baby that has HORRIBLE eczema to help with her skin issues (she has suffered most of her life and now I don't have to use rx creams on her anymore). BC of where I live, I can only order it online and I buy 2 or 3 bottles at a time so that I don't worry about running out.

I'm going to try my hand at making lotion with JBCO so that my kiddies can use it this summer. I know that oil in the summer is a recipe for disaster, but I don't want them using anything else since I have something that works.

As far as the growth, I will be cutting off the ragged ends as I go on, so I will have thickness and fullness all over. But I will be rocking these conrows until I cant no moe! I also started taking Bamboo Silica. I am hoping to see a tremendous difference by the end of the year. I have all my needed vits on autoship every month, so I never run out.

I'm gonna stick this out. Besides, if I ever get an "other", I want his mouth to :shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked: when I straighten my hair and go out :grin::grin::grin: and to be able to dispel that black woman hair myth "dont touch my hair! it cant get wet!" Not ALL black women are like that... :nono:

Lovingmywaves12 can you tell me more about jbco and eczema? I have/had really bad eczema and I am still using prescription ointments for flare ups. I would love to stop,
PM me if this derails the thread!
Thank you!

Updated my regimen - Post 1/Page 1.:grin:

For some of my updates, I am going to add to them as opposed to delete the update. It will help me chart my progress and when I am due for certain things. For example, if I experience a growth spurt :grin: I can look back to see what I changed/added recently which may have contributed to it. Or by having the date next to my trim I will know the last time I had my ends clipped.

I will print out the sheets every couple of weeks and just keep the sheets, as a diary somewhat.

heirloom - Thank you!!! I read your updates. You are focused and moving towards your goals. You will succeed! Congratulations on your job - it certainly will help with finances. I am one of these people that never walks past a penny on the ground. I believe the old saying " if you watch the pennies the dollars will take care of themselves" (finding 100 pennies is the same as finding $1.00 - just spread out over time. Who would walk past a dollar lying on the ground:grin:)

You may also want to prioritize your goals - because you can't do them all at once and one goal may be the catalyst for another.

My first goal is my christianity and spirituality. After that is my hair and other self improvements. But my desired travel goals depend on my reducing spend and saving more money. (If I don't - I will not allow myself the luxury of those trips.) I have to earn the trips so to speak. Being able to afford it without taking those steps is irrelevant. I have conditioned myself to believe that I cannot afford the trip if I don't reduce spend and save money. Just because you have it doesn't mean you should use it.

Cases in point -1.) I made myself remain on dial-up for years and would not allow myself High Speed internet, until I was able to eliminate another monthly bill. 2.) With the money I saved from not buying cigarettes, I allowed myself to lease a new SUV as a second vehicle.

@ilong,

I LIVE and (almost) DIE by JBCO!!!!!
I'm gonna stick this out. Besides, if I ever get an "other", I want his mouth to :shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked: when I straighten my hair and go out :grin::grin::grin:

Lovingmywaves12 - I thought I had posted this already- ^^^^this is more like it :yep::clap: - but I am sure you meant when you get an "other" not if. (You must believe to receive :yep:)

Because I want to be like you when my hair grows up :lachen::lol:, I ordered some JBCO. I had to order from Amazon because the other place was out of it and the lavender JBCO. I had to wait until I had used all of my castor oil before I ordered it.

Was on the set all day & I'm getting production credit..Getting home bills in order..

Feeling sore but blessed..

*Net-working is paying off...Got plenty of goals to achieve..

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:
ilong I totally get what you mean about prioritising. My first and most major goal is my education. I need to get into uni!!! Everything else is secondary. I'm currently only working 3 hours a day for three days a week, since I am home schooling myself I have plenty of time to study. The exercise goal I think is no longer a goal for me. As in I'm doing it as a life style change now instead of just to get the body. I want both my mind,soul and body to be in top condition. The insanity dvd's have a lot of stretching so it gives me time to clear my mind emotionally and just feel better about my life. And since I think I have finally figured out what my hair needs I'm not going to be constantly researching new products and techniques I'm just gonna let it do its thing.
This challenge has definitely helped my sort out my life, to some extent, by just writing things down and making me focus on what's important and cut out all the crap that's not important in the grand scheme of things. So thank you ilong for making this thread. Am sending love and prayers your way

Back