i assumed i was 3c but who REALLY knows...

SoOoNY

I just updated my fotki cause i am so confused with this hair texture situation...

when i came on this site I was 100% sure i was 3c (sounds like maury huh, Im 100% sure he is the daddy!) but now as i look at other 3c people I am so confused. I am trying to go natural (again) and that really has nothing to do with it but i just wanna know what my texture is! is that too much to ask...

here is the link to my texture album

http://public.fotki.com/SoOoNy/trying-to-figure-ou/

the pw is nygirl... leave comment on there, here or pm me with ur answers please and thank you in advance!

That is a tough one! Your wave/curl pattern looks too loose to be a 4....I would agree u are a 3c and MAYBE with some 4a in there.

I don't know...my hair looks like your when it's wet and streteched out but I consider myself to be a 4a...I think it's also more difficult because you have relaxed ends. I would say 3c/4a with 4a around the edges.

I don't know...my hair looks like your when it's wet and streteched out but I consider myself to be a 4a...I think it's also more difficult because you have relaxed ends. I would say 3c/4a with 4a around the edges.

yeah I think u are right....her edges look like how all of my hair looks and Im 4a with 4b in the crown/middle.

That's what it looks like to me. It's definitely a mixture.

OP, you look like a 3c/4a. That's what my new growth looked like.

Hair typing is all subjective though. Even though there are categories for each hair type, we also have to remember that there is variation within each of those categories. All 3cs are not going to look alike. All 4as are not going to look alike and on down the line. Also, if people have a mixture of more than one type, it may look different. And lastly, you're not really going to be able to tell for sure until your relaxed ends are gone because more than likely they are weighing the new growth down. My new growth looked more like waves for months. Then I started to see coils/curls. But it curled up a lot more after I chopped. With the relaxed ends still hanging on, my pattern looked looser and more stretched out. HTH...

OP, you look like a 3c/4a. That's what my new growth looked like.

Hair typing is all subjective though. Even though there are categories for each hair type, we also have to remember that there is variation within each of those categories. All 3cs are not going to look alike. All 4as are not going to look alike and on down the line. Also, if people have a mixture of more than one type, it may look different. And lastly, you're not really going to be able to tell for sure until your relaxed ends are gone because more than likely they are weighing the new growth down. My new growth looked more like waves for months. Then I started to see coils/curls. But it curled up a lot more after I chopped. With the relaxed ends still hanging on, my pattern looked looser and more stretched out. HTH...

well the middle of my hair is all natural cause thats where it broke at the line of decramation (sp?) so thats my natural curl with nothing weighing it down

Back