I want to transition back to natural but no bc

ebaby

I would love to be natural once again. The first time I bc'd and it grew fast. In January I relaxed again for the first time in three years. I got my second relaxer at the end of April. It was easier to manage but so very boring. I like big hair and my puff was to die for. My hubby liked the relaxed hair but I need to also stay true to my self. I took down my twists and I have a ton of new growth...being almost 7 months post relaxer.
I ran into the lady who did my relaxer and she scolded me...said my hair was going to start breaking and would not grow if I did not get a touch-up...I was natural long enough to know that my hair was the healthiest at that time than it ever was with a relaxer. It is still growing but it is boring. I just need some encouragement on how to keep it looking neat for hubby and to hold on and not give in to the ease of taking care of relaxed hair. Tips, pictures, insight, and encouragement are all appreciated. I have been on this site for a while but for now I needed to make it a little more personal. I want to try it again. My relaxed hair is my avi. My natural hair is attached

Attachments

• new puff3.jpg
    new puff3.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 55
What a great problems to have. You have beautiful hair in both states. The relaxed is so shiny and silky. The natural is looks thick and bouncy.

I think you have to decide what you want to do. I say don't make any rash decisions. I say think of your dream hair in terms of length and texture and choose the way that will get you there.

Everyone's reason for relaxer/no relaxer is different. I love my hair straight but I just felt that the relaxers were thinning my hair. So I sacrificed a look I like for a feeling I like.

All the best!

My dh is not liking me chopping my relaxed hair every two weeks. He likes shoulder length or longer hair on me. I hear what dh is saying but at the end of day, this is my big ole head and do what I want. The hair cutting shall continue. "Let people be themselves and you be you.

My dh is not liking me chopping my relaxed hair every two weeks. He likes shoulder length or longer hair on me. I hear what dh is saying but at the end of day, this is my big ole head and do what I want. The hair cutting shall continue. "Let people be themselves and you be you.

You are so right...

Nice story! As to answer your question on how to transition without the BC...braids or sew ins? NinaPruitt on YT is currently transitioning and she has a few wonderful videos up about handling both textures as well as fgrogen who has stretched for over a year. HTH & Good luck, you have beautiful hair in either state!

I was a 2 plus year transitioner...you could always go the heat-trained route although not all naturals retain their curls, coils, and kinks...You are so right, you're puff was to die for! Are you sure that you want to go natural this time or is it that you are just feeling bored with the relaxed hair? As you well know, the transition process is more than a notion...Just some food for thought...At the end of the day really think about your hair goals and do what's best for you. There is a plethora of information on this site whichever route you ultimately decide.

I was a 2 plus year transitioner...you could always go the heat-trained route although not all naturals retain their curls, coils, and kinks...You are so right, you're puff was to die for! Are you sure that you want to go natural this time or is it that you are just feeling bored with the relaxed hair? As you well know, the transition process is more than a notion...Just some food for thought...At the end of the day really think about your hair goals and do what's best for you. There is a plethora of information on this site whichever route you ultimately decide.
I am bored with the realxer but I loved my natural hair. My hubby did not so mainly the relaxer was for him. I love hiim but I do not see him getting a weekly pedicure because I loathe his toenails. I was supposed to get another relaxer in June and it is going on November and I am still stretching. The only thing that I dd not like about being natural was when I straightened my hair for three hours and would walk outside and all my hard work was down the drain. However, I now know someone who can press the hellish ways out of my hair for $6 and keep it growing. My hair is still growing but it grew so much faster when I was relaxer free. I still love the ease of combing with my hair straight but I really like the healthy aspect of chemical free hair. I'm torn in between the two.

Back