I was just about to give up but....

Nice & Wavy

I'm glad you're still here. I often get exhausted when I'm very upset over something. I usually end up going to sleep. I sometimes think that is God's way of pressing the "pause" or "stop" button to keep my emotions from getting out of hand. I always feel better and think more clearly when I wake up.

I think we all get exhausted at times, especially when our spirit is affected by trials. :yep:

**Tasha*Love**

I read this entire thread last night and my spirit was so moved and filled with the Holy Spirit. I sat in front of my computer and cried until I fell asleep. I sincerely thank every person for their responses for they touched my heart. This thread is AWESOME!

I have been in that dark place that had me believing that life would never get better. But God is so loving and His grace endures forever. He has truly carried me thru my some dark days and for His love I am truly grateful.

I am glad to see the spirit is still moving this morning. Have a WONDERFUL Day Ladies :love2:

Nice & Wavy

I read this entire thread last night and my spirit was so moved and filled with the Holy Spirit. I sat in front of my computer and cried until I fell asleep. I sincerely thank every person for their responses for they touched my heart. This thread is AWESOME!

I have been in that dark place that had me believing that life would never get better. But God is so loving and His grace endures forever. He has truly carried me thru my some dark days and for His love I am truly grateful.

I am glad to see the spirit is still moving this morning. Have a WONDERFUL Day Ladies :love2:

Hallelujah, Natasha.....thank you Jesus!

The Holy Spirit was upon those of us that were in that thread that night so much so, that we too were filled to the overflowing and cried, cried, cried...as you can see, it was well after 3am before we retired for the night (i mean morning).

There is an open Heaven in this thread and all those that receive the words that were spoken in this thread, will receive from the Lord! I'm so thankful that the words touched your life and brought healing to your soul. This is what the Lord desires of His saints, and we were obeidiant to Him so that He was able to bring it to pass! Hallelujah!

May He continue to pour out into your life, Natasha...and may you receive it ALL!!!

Loving you with the love of the Lord!

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Hallelujah, Natasha.....thank you Jesus!

The Holy Spirit was upon those of us that were in that thread that night so much so, that we too were filled to the overflowing and cried, cried, cried...as you can see, it was well after 3am before we retired for the night (i mean morning).

There is an open Heaven in this thread and all those that receive the words that were spoken in this thread, will receive from the Lord! I'm so thankful that the words touched your life and brought healing to your soul. This is what the Lord desires of His saints, and we were obeidiant to Him so that He was able to bring it to pass! Hallelujah!

May He continue to pour out into your life, Natasha...and may you receive it ALL!!!

Amen...I'm still 'flowing' and 'glowing.' :love3:

All Glory to God, All Mighty, our Father in Heaven. For I initially had other plans that night that did not take place. I was supposed to be right 'here' praising God.

Love and blessings to everyone...

shalom

Two times in my adult life I was THROUGH with everything. I cannot say I chose to stay. I had given up...but God. The grace of God.

The first time was when a relationship failed. I was THROUGH with God and wanted no parts of Him with regard to any intimacy. I felt like He didn't keep His promise. I wasn't crazy. I wasn't going to blaspheme Him but my attitude was like: "we ain't gotta do this". I was gonna be a Christmas/Easter/Mother's Day saint. But all that summer, every time this particular song came on the radio called "I Got A Job"....

I got a job
working for Jesus
all through the night and all through the day
I got a job
working for Jesus
whatever is right, God said that He would pay....

Can you hear The Master calling
Saying who will come and work for him today
whatever is right, God said that He would pay....

I was singing it...bouncing in the car...LOUD!! And then I would catch myself and say "No I DON'T!" and I meant it! I cannot pinpoint the turnaround other than it was His supernatural healing upon my heart and spirit.... The Lord knew I was real hurt behind that situation....

The other time was in 2006 when I became disenchanted with the church. This time I did have to determine in my mind that I would obey the Lord to stay where I was and stay in His will and stay saved. Even after I started going back to church regularly (and I never stopped giving my tithes to my local church!), it didn't change right away. I had to stay with it. The Lord did a supernatural healing in my heart and spirit and I had to forgive and consciously let go of things of the past.

:grin: Well I'm glad you decided to stay in the body of christ. Your knowledge has been very inspirational.

Mocha5

Hallelujah, this thread is still moving! God is simply awesome! Ladies, thank you for sharing your testimonies. I'm exhausted right now, but yet I stand. I love him for keeping me, for keeping my mind, for keeping my strength, for keeping me in love with Him. He's a keeping God. This season, too, shall pass.

Nice & Wavy

Amen...I'm still 'flowing' and 'glowing.' :love3:

All Glory to God, All Mighty, our Father in Heaven. For I initially had other plans that night that did not take place. I was supposed to be right 'here' praising God.

Love and blessings to everyone...

Ahhhh....yes! I know you are still glowing because I can see the glow right through my screen! Glory!

You were supposed to be here that night and we were truly blessed!

Love to you too, sis!

Nice & Wavy

Hallelujah, this thread is still moving! God is simply awesome! Ladies, thank you for sharing your testimonies. I'm exhausted right now, but yet I stand. I love him for keeping me, for keeping my mind, for keeping my strength, for keeping me in love with Him. He's a keeping God. This season, too, shall pass.

Girl, you know what happens when God gives us a new name!!!!!

Hallelujah! He is a keeping God and you are coming out of that winter season...yes indeed!

Kiadodie

What a wonderful thread. It's amazing....last night I was telling my uncle how I lost hope.:nono: I went thru some trials that could of broke me...but thanks to God, it didn't. Then, my prayer life went to zero.

Then last night, my uncle told me to get on knees and pray. THat God hasn't given up on me and what i"m going thru is nothing new to man nor to Him.

So, now I see that God is still with me. So I chose last night to renew my faith & hope in Him. What a good God He is. :yep:

Last edited:

Mocha5

What a wonderful thread. It's amazing....last night I was telling my uncle how I lost hope.:nono: I went thru some trials that could of broke me...but thanks to God, it didn't. Then, my prayer life went to zero.

Then last night, my uncle told me to get on knees and pray. THat God hasn't given up on me and what i"m going thru is nothing new to man nor to Him.

So, now I see that God is still will me. So I chose last night to renew my faith & hope in Him. What a good God He is. :yep:

Good for you, Kia! God is good and neverchanging. Keep pressing, girl. I see the Holy Spirit is still sitting up in this thread. :grin:

Last edited:

Nice & Wavy

So, now I see that God is still with me. So I chose last night to renew my faith & hope in Him. What a good God He is. :yep:

Your uncle is a wise man. Prayer is the key to help and wholeness in our lives.

I'm so grateful to God that you have renewed your faith and hope in Him. The bible says hope does not disappoint us!

mrselle

I'm a little late to the party, but I'll post anyway. ;-)

1998. I’d had a trying year. I went through trial after trial after trial. God had told me at the beginning of that year that it would be a challenging year for me (man, I wish I hadn’t lost that notebook I was keeping at the time). In December of that year I’d experienced some disappointments, but I managed to graduate from college and land a job the day after graduation. All I needed was a place to live. I tried a few apartment complexes, but focused on just one of them. That is how God deals with me. He just leads me to where I’m supposed to be. I knew I would have a difficult time getting any apartment because of my credit history. I would need a co-signer. My parents had credit issues too, so they couldn’t co-sign for me. There was no one else that me or my parents trusted enough to help us out (you know how people can put your business out there). After submitting my application to the rental office I got the dreaded phone call of “No, we can’t help you…your credit…” My mom wrote a sincere letter to the apartment manager explaining the circumstances, but they still said no. I didn’t get too stressed out. My mom was talking to her sister on the phone one day (they aren’t very close) and before they hung up the phone my aunt said to my mom, “If you need anything just let me know.” My mom asked her if she would co-sign for me. My aunt happily agreed, but said she would have to talk to her husband first. The next day she called me and when I heard her voice I just broke down in tears and told her it had been a rough year for me. She told me that she knew it had been a rough year. She went on to tell me that when she talked to her husband about it he didn’t even question it and said that he would always help me when I needed it. She then prayed for me and we hung up. For the remainder of the day we all focused on faxing the appropriate paperwork to the apartment complex. That night I dreamed that I was in my apartment. The next morning, which was New Year’s Eve I told God that 1998 had been a rough year, but I was ready to leave all that behind and that just because we it was still 1998, technically, I was ready to move into a new year and receive my blessings. I called the apartment complex and asked the manager if my application had been approved. She told me yes. I never cried so hard from happiness in my life.

I could go on and on about that year. It was rough. God had me doing some things that would seem crazy to others, but I did it and He blessed me. In that year He showed me how I could still love and honor my parents without letting their words damage my spirit. That year my dad told me that I would never graduate from college and that I was a burden, but I pressed forward and I graduated. I lived off of $200 a month (rent was paid for using money from my student loans). With $200 I paid my portion of the utilities, bought gas for my car and food and I tithed off of that money. I don’t know how I did it, but I never went without. Most of my friends abandoned me, but I kept going forward. That was a year that would have made it so easy for me to give up, but I didn’t. My prayer partner prayed for me. Every single night after her husband left for work she would call me and we would pray, sometimes for hours. We couldn’t see it then, but God was working everything out behind the scenes.

Now, 10 years later I am blessed far more than I could have ever imagined and when I say that I truly mean it. I don’t think I ever thought I would be this blessed. I just knew that I loved God and I wanted to do His will. Sometimes…well a lot of times I am hurting. While I’m blessed my heart aches because I know that I’m not doing all that He would have me to do. I’ve let my situations affect me instead me affecting my situations. People have mistreated me, used me and taken me for granted and I’ve allowed those experiences to harden my heart. Instead of knowing that all of this is not in vain I’ve chosen to be bitter. I used to be a much nicer person…now, I can be cold so that no one has the opportunity to use me again. But this past Sunday the preacher called out some sins...the sins we don’t count as sins, but they are. God spoke to me and He showed me that I’m not the stepmother he has called me to be. He didn’t call me to be a stepmother. He called me to be a mother. He asked me if something were to happen to me and my biological daughter had a stepmother, would I be happy with the way she treats her if she treated her the way I treat my stepdaughter. The answer is no. Don’t get me wrong, my stepdaughter is not without fault. She has some very adult ways, but I am still the adult and I know what God has called me to do and if I know it, but don’t do it then I’m sinning. This is not to say that I’m an evil stepmother. I’m not. My sin is that I am very distant with her. I only let her get so close. I’ve closed myself off from her to avoid the hurt, but God wants me to do it and not worry about getting hurt. He will take care of me. So, I was about to give up on my relationship with my 16 year old “daughter”, but I didn’t. She has a lot of issues, but she is mine. She is my child.

Last edited:

meka

Before I 'backslide'....

Lord, I remember when I needed money for milk and bread to feed my babies. You gave me more than money, you gave me milk, food, and a contiuned supply of groceries to keep my babies fed...and it wasn't welfare.

Before I 'backslide'.....

I had enough bus fare for one way. Had no idea how I was going to get back home. Got on the bus and the Driver said, "Just have a seat, this ride is for free."

Before I 'backslide'....

My heart was so broken over my failed marriage. I was so ashamed and had no where to go. Yet my father called and said, "Baby, pack your things, you're coming home with me."

Before I 'backslide".....

I've never been without a home

Before I 'backslide'.....

I've never been without love

Before I 'backslide'....

Lord, when I found out my son was hooked on drugs and my unsaved sister gloated about it happening to me and I'm supposed to have Jesus in my life. YET.....YET....YET, you told me to fear not for you would deliver my son. And Lord, you did. You delivered my baby and he's thriving and delivered and living his life for you.

Before I 'backslide'....

How many times, Lord has my body gone through various pains and ailments, that I knew not. Yet you always spoke to my heart and said, 'Trust me'...and Lord you always kept your word to heal my body each time.

Before I 'backslide'....

How many times have I been in trouble and you came in at the right time to save me and deliver me.

Lord, I cannot leave you...I cannot 'backslide' For there is still none like you.!

:amen: :rosebud: :amen:

But God!!!

klb120475

I was just about to give up on writing my book until God used N&W and Mocha to remind me the women who will read it will be called outta darkness to walk in His marvelous light.:yep:

mrselle

I was about to give up on my oldest daughter, but God whispered in my ear, “I didn’t give up on you.”

Nice & Wavy

I was just about to give up cooking, since dh has been doing an excellent job at it, but I have decided to continue on....can't give up (I'm serious, ya'll)

betteron2day

I have been better than blessed by this thread and i thank God for using each testimony to speak to me and my situation. I thank you ladies for allowing God to use you to be a blessing.

Nice & Wavy

I have been better than blessed by this thread and i thank God for using each testimony to speak to me and my situation. I thank you ladies for allowing God to use you to be a blessing.

Welcome to the CF!

I'm glad you have come in and was blessed!

Look forward to seeing you more often!

Blessings.

GloriousPraise

JEHOVAH RAPHA!

Thank ya Lawd for healing my mind! Oh how I luv you Lord!!!!![

All I can say is AMEN to this and thank you for blessing me! You just don't know how reading this blessed me. I was feeling kind of blah, like I wasn't moving forward or backwards on the things I'm believing God for just stuck. Then I read this, and was reminded of how my mind was in such awful turmoil for YEARS. I knew God forgave me from past sins, but I couldn't get over the guilt. I was always conscious of it. I felt like I would have to live with the weight of guilt forever. Then God used a simple sermon to show me that He not only forgave me from sin, but also delivered me from guilt. I had my salvation, but after that, I got my joy, my shout, my peace, my hope, my closeness to God back.

Thank you so much for reminding me that if God can remove the impossible burden of guilt, He can do anything!!!!!:yep:

Nice & Wavy

All I can say is AMEN to this and thank you for blessing me! You just don't know how reading this blessed me. I was feeling kind of blah, like I wasn't moving forward or backwards on the things I'm believing God for just stuck. Then I read this, and was reminded of how my mind was in such awful turmoil for YEARS. I knew God forgave me from past sins, but I couldn't get over the guilt. I was always conscious of it. I felt like I would have to live with the weight of guilt forever. Then God used a simple sermon to show me that He not only forgave me from sin, but also delivered me from guilt. I had my salvation, but after that, I got my joy, my shout, my peace, my hope, my closeness to God back.

Thank you so much for reminding me that if God can remove the impossible burden of guilt, He can do anything!!!!!:yep:

I know you directed this post to klb...but I just wanted to let you know how much your post blessed me just now....wow!

GloriousPraise

I know you directed this post to klb...but I just wanted to let you know how much your post blessed me just now....wow!

Glad to be a blessing! I've been lurking here for awhile and stashing blessings away, but I just had to say something this time!

klb120475

Praise Him!!!!!:runninghug: