I was just about to give up but....

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
This morning, I woke up praying for each of you...out of my sleep. And from my heart. I was speaking each of your names. Now, that's something, because it means that you flowing from my heart. For from the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks and I was surely praying for you by name.

I called out 'Wavy', Mocha, KLB and KLBoo, Relaxer Rehab, I called out Pebbles, Shalom, Crlsweetie, Kweemena, and there were others, many of those that PM me for prayers. All I could do was call you out before the Lord. There was something special about this, as I pray for you all the time, but this morning was different and I'm still praising God for it.

And in this post, I will never forget the blessings of this thread, But it's more than a thread. It's as the three-fold cord, not easily broken, that has bound us together as one. One in God, One in Jesus, One in each other. A bonded, bounding of love that will never be broken.

For we are all still one. We may not think alike in our human minds, but yet we have the mind of Christ which brings our flesh under subjection to the love that abounds us towards one another. And that's what love does, it bypasses the flesh and keeps us one.

In Jesus's name, one we are and shall always be. In Jesus's name, Amen and Amen.

I love all of you. :rosebud: Thank you for honoring me with your love and most of all, PATIENCE with me. Yes :yep: your patience. Cause all of you, 'know how I do'....:rolleyes:

Zeal

I can't even talk right now. This song best describe how I feel and I am about to go into my living room and dance to it in a few.

Thank you for all you've done;
through your Son.
Thank you for all you do;
you've brought me through.
When I look around and see where I've been ,
you've been a friend

For protecting me;
when I could not see.
Thank you for hiding me under the shadow of your wings;
when I look around and see you again you've been a friend

Had not Jesus been my friend, I don't know where I would be. When I was all in my sin (Backsliding), Jesus kept calling me. And he kept me although I did not keep him. He just kept speaking to me and telling me to come home.

Jesus is better to me than I have been to myself. He was and is a better friend to me than I will ever be.

Yall done got me started.

The Hymn below is exactly why we need to keep them in the church

There's not a friend like the lowly Jesus,
no, not one, no, not one!
None else could heal all our soul's diseases,

Refrain:
Jesus knows all about our struggles,
He will guide till the day is done;
There's not a friend like the lowly Jesus,

Verse 2:
No friend like Him is so high and holy,
And yet no friend is so meek and lowly,

I m just gonna stop right here

Last edited:

ceedeelight

In 2004 I had a miscarriage and I went into deep depression and deep spiritual rebellion. I had given up on trying to get pregnant again and I had stopped believing God would do anything for me. In January 2006 I repented and decided to get back right. Our Bishop came down and said, Either Love HIM or Leave Him--Well, I couldn't leave HIM, even though I was in so much pain, hurt & disappointment. I asked God to forgive me, because I placed more value on the baby I lost, than on trusting HIM and believe that he knows best. Once my heart was right, I found out in April 2006 I was pregnant (I had been trying for 2 years before that, taking clomid, seeing the doctor-they didn't know what was going on) and in January 2007 I gave birth to my beautiful daughter. God Does Fulfill His Promises and HE Does NOT lie.

What did I learn: To Trust God, and don't put ANYTHING before HIM. I also saw how my heart really was. God is a keeper of the mind.

Last edited:

mrselle

In 2004 I had a miscarriage and I went into deep depression and deep spiritual rebellion. I had given up on trying to get pregnant again and I had stopped believing God would do anything for me. In January 2006 I repented and decided to get back right. Our Bishop came down and said, Either Love HIM or Leave Him--Well, I couldn't leave HIM, even though I was in so much pain, hurt & disappointment. I asked God to forgive me, because I placed more value on the baby I lost, than on trusting HIM and believe that he knows best. Once my heart was right, I found out in April 2006 I was pregnant (I had been trying for 2 years before that, taking clomid, seeing the doctor-they didn't know what was going on) and in January 2007 I gave birth to my beautiful daughter. God Does Fulfill His Promises and HE Does NOT lie.

What did I learn: To Trust God, and don't put ANYTHING before HIM. I also so how my heart really was. God is a keeper of the mind.

This was me. I could have written this myself. I had a miscarriage in 2004 as well. We'd been trying to get pregnant for 14 months. I thought our prayers had finally been answered. When I miscarried I sank into a deep depression, I was mad at the world and mad at God. We went through all the testing and the doctors couldn't find anything wrong. We tried clomid and it didn't work. Ten months after my miscarriage I surrendered everything to God. I asked Him to heal my heart, forgive me for being angry with Him and to help me to live in the moment and enjoy all the blessings around me. A few months later my husband and I met with a reproductive endocrinologist and started undergoing IVF. We ran into some complications (I responded to the drugs a little too well and got sick), but were able to try the process again a few months later and three days before Christmas 2005 we found out we were pregnant. In August 2006 I had a beautiful baby girl. Every single day I look at her and remember that she is a miracle straight from God.

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
Zeal, CeeDeeLight and Mrselle, your testimonies have me in tears...warm tears of love for each of you and for the love and faithfulness of Jesus who never fails us. Never.

Praise Him.... :cry: :rosebud: :love2:

mrselle

Zeal, CeeDeeLight and Mrselle, your testimonies have me in tears...warm tears of love for each of you and for the love and faithfulness of Jesus who never fails us. Never.

Shimmie, you are such a loving person and as I always say, such a blessing. Love you.

Zeal

We love you Shimmie :yep::yep::yep:

Shimmie

Staff member
Shimmie, you are such a loving person and as I always say, such a blessing. Love you.
You are too, precious one...:bighug: Take care angel. You're still the beautiful Lady of the Manor...;).

Zeal said:
We love you Shimmie :yep::yep::yep:
:bighug: Full of light, full of love, full of Zeal for the Lord...you are :love3:

harrison

Hi there angels....

All I can say is Praise the Name of Jesus! I too slept with so much peace, woke up Praising God and thanking Him for each of you. :love2:

We know how to get through life...which is by givng God the glory, no matter what.

Praise is what we do....We all praise God with our whole hearts, whole bodies, our whole souls.

More blessings to each of you.

With all my heart :rosebud:

amen.... We have to continue to praise him!

Mocha5

Wow! Now I see why God wanted me to bump this thread. I bumped the "Need a Good Laugh" thread cause I'm silly. :lachen:But I just kept looking at this thread :look: and I was like well God must want somebody to read it. I LOVE the title. You really outdid yourself with this one, KLB.

So many times I wanted to give up and truthfully I still do. BUT GOD! He NEVER gives up on me. Man has (insert crying smiley) but I know one Man who never will. He's the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords, He's the great I AM. And for that, I am forever greatful.

Living for Him is a really, really small price to pay for what He's done for me, for you, for us.

Love you ladies (as Wavy says) with the love of the Lord. And that's some serious love. :yep:

Shimmie

Staff member
Oh...but God...:cry: :crybaby:

You know angels, I was being 'challenged' in this area for the past few weeks. I was going through a few 'frustrations' and I was just plain fed up.

Today, I had my brush and I told the devil to back off before I killed him, and I meant business. I was sick of his mess and he needed to go. I cried to God that I would kill satan before He had a chance to. God spoke and broke the mess that was going on. And God is still breaking up some mess. He's breaking me too. Cause I was about to commit a spiritual murder and think nothing of it.

But God! Oh! But God! Praise you Father...I'm so sorry for being so tempermental and for offending you with my many moods. But God...you are so faithful to me is so unfaithful to you.

Oh but God! Praise you Father, with all of my heart, I praise you. Halleiluia! Amen and Amen...

:cry: :love3: :rosebud:

Last edited:

Ms Red

Yall are having straight up church in here! :grin:

In 2004 when my dad died, I was thinking of giving up on God :(
In 2005 when I had to take care of me and my mom financially and emotionally, I was really thinking about giving up on Him... but he sent me to a church family that pulled me through...
All along it was just His Grace and His Mercy that got me and my mom through the anger, grief, dispair and hurt.

Thank you Jesus.

harrison

God has not given up on me either... and I say "thank you father"

Because with my indecisiveness... I should have just been tossed with the waves!!!

But thank you Jehovah that you are still working on this earthen vessel... me...

Thank you father for still trying to make me into the person that you have created me to be... Even though my flesh fights it sometimes

Thank you father... thank you...

Starr1

:cry::cry::cry:

You ladies have me crying over here.

I was about to give up when I became disillusioned by the church and all the people I felt only claimed to be Christians. It was God that showed me that my expectations of the actual church and it's people were too high, that all people, even His people are flawed and that no one but Christ can ever measure up. Things became so much clearer for me once He helped me to see that the Church and it's people are the end all-be, nor are they the hope of the world- only He is.

There have been times when I wanted to give on God, but he has NEVER given up on me!

klb120475

Yall are having straight up church in here! :grin:

In 2004 when my dad died, I was thinking of giving up on God :(
In 2005 when I had to take care of me and my mom financially and emotionally, I was really thinking about giving up on Him... but he sent me to a church family that pulled me through...
All along it was just His Grace and His Mercy that got me and my mom through the anger, grief, dispair and hurt.

Thank you Jesus.

Hey my friend!:kiss:

Nice & Wavy

I have made You too small in my eyes.
Oh Lord, forgive me.
And I have believed in a lie.
That You were unable to help me.
But now, oh Lord, I can see My wrong.
Heal My heart and show Yourself strong.
And in My eyes and with My song.

Oh Lord, be magnified.
Oh Lord, be magnified.

Be magnified oh Lord.
You are highly exalted.
And there is nothing You can't do.
Oh Lord, My eyes are on You.
Be magnified, Oh Lord, be magnified.

And I have leaned on the wisdom of men.
Oh God, forgive me.
And I have responded to them.
Instead of Your light and Your mercy.
But now oh Lord, I see My wrong.
Heal My heart and show Yourself strong.
And in My eyes and with My song
Oh Lord, be magnified.
Oh Lord, be magnified.

Hallelujah, glory to the Name that is above every name.

Psalm 69:30 "I will praise God's name in song, and magnify Him with thanksgiving."

Psalm 34: 2-3 "My soul shall make it's boast in the Lord. The humble shall hear it and be glad. Oh magnify the Lord with me and let US exalt HIS name forever!!!"

Mocha5

Hallelujah! God is good. I was just about to give up but I knew I had a Pilates class to teach this morning. So I started praying for God to strengthen me before my feet touched the floor. Way too many people depending on me to give up now. KLB all ova in the other thread crying and what not cause I was late punching in today. The Man..err...I mean Bev, gonna have to start paying a sista or something. :rolleyes::lachen::grin:

Nice & Wavy

Hallelujah! God is good. I was just about to give up but I knew I had a Pilates class to teach this morning. So I started praying for God to strengthen me before my feet touched the floor. Way too many people depending on me to give up now. KLB all ova in the other thread crying and what not cause I was late punching in today. The Man..err...I mean Bev, gonna have to start paying a sista or something. :rolleyes::lachen::grin:

Mocha, you teach Pilates?

Wow...you're cool:yep:

KynkiChyck

This thread is encouraging to the spirit indeed...

Wondering how I'm able to keep walking miles
on broken glass w/o leaving the trail of bloody
despair behind for the world to see...not selfish
enough to be suicidal but too tired of living in
misery.

This thread has blessed me with the strength to
go on even when I think I can't.

TY

Mocha5

misery.

TY

Awww, Baby girl, you ABSOLUTELY can go on! I'm rooting for you and God loves you beyond measure. Please PM me if you need to talk. Hugs and lots of love.

klb120475

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

:look: Ummm...not I. Cool = obedience and doing God's work for His kingdom. Errr...I have a ways to go on that. :look:

ITA!:yep:

misery.

TY

Hey sweet KynkiChyck! Your first post...so intimate and beautiful. God loves you sweetie and we're here for you.:kiss:

Shimmie

Staff member

misery.

TY
The Bloody Trails have been washed away....:bighug:

Welcome KynkiChyck...:giveheart:

Shimmie

Staff member
:lachen::lachen::lachen:

ITA!:yep:

Hey sweet KynkiChyck! Your first post...so intimate and beautiful. God loves you sweetie and we're here for you.:kiss:
Precious you...:kiss: Even from your weakest of moments, yet so lovingly, giving of yourself to others.

Shimmie

Staff member
:look: Ummm...not I. Cool = obedience and doing God's work for His kingdom. Errr...I have a ways to go on that. :look:
yeah but...........you teach Pilates. That's a stretch...a real one. And you're giving others the 'will' to go beyond what they thought they could not do. Reaching to Heaven. Who better to have for a teacher of higher dimensions...than one such as you.

Blessings Sweet Mocha...:kiss:

Blessings Precious Wavy...:kiss: Mocha teaches 'Pilates'.... :up:

Mocha5

yeah but...........you teach Pilates. That's a stretch...a real one. And you're giving others the 'will' to go beyond what they thought they could not do. Reaching to Heaven. Who better to have for a teacher of higher dimensions...than one such as you.

Blessings Sweet Mocha...:kiss:

Blessings Precious Wavy...:kiss: Mocha teaches 'Pilates'.... :up:

Awww..that was just what I needed tonight. :yep: How do you always know?