If You Had To Choose One...

If you had to choose one, which one would you choose?

• Hair that grows two inches a month

Votes: 71 67.6%
  • Hair that dentangles extremely easily/quickly

Votes: 22 21.0%
  • The color of your dreams

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Very little shrinkage

Votes: 12 11.4%

• Total voters

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I chose easy detangling.
I'd love 2 inches a month, but if my hair has less breakage, it will grow regardless and I'll eventually reach my goals, but difficult detangling is forever.
If my hair was easier to detangle, it would help with breakage. So I'd get the length and the ease.

Now that I think about it, less shrinkage might mean easier detangling by default so that choice would have been a two for one. Argh :lachen:

Lol. That was exactly my thought process and how I settled upon little shrinkage: I figured it was a two-for-one, encompassing easy detangling along with it.

LavenderMint

I chose quick & easy detangling for all the reasons mentioned by the other ladies but mostly length retention due to less mechanical damage. Retain the length, the increased length equals more weight and should lead to stretched curls. I’ve had easy detangling for two weeks now but it means coating my head in oil and while it detangles quickly, I’m not sure I want to continue with it.
Only so many days I can deal with walking around with a greasy neck. :look:

FadingDelilah

Lol. That was exactly my thought process and how I settled upon little shrinkage: I figured it was a two-for-one, encompassing easy detangling along with it.

I too went through this exact thought process :lachen:but I didn't choose the less shrinkage option because I know that would mean I would have to have a different hair texture. im attached to my hair texture in my own weird way :rolleyes: It's kind of like a pride thing since I'm in the 4c-ish side of 4b, and many ladies with my texture see it as a whole slew of negative things (hard to manage, hard to grow, weak). So I want to prove to myself my hair can be extremely beautiful, manageable and blessed just like the other textures. That's why I'll never trade it for anything.

Last edited:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I too went through this exact thought process :lachen:but I didn't choose the less shrinkage option because I know that would mean I would have to have a different hair texture. im attached to my hair texture in my own weird way :rolleyes: It's kind of like a pride thing since I'm in the 4c-ish side of 4b, and many adies with my texture see it as a whole slew of negative things (hard to manage, hard to grow, weak). So I want to prove to myself my hair can be extremely beautiful, manageable and blessed just like the other textures. That's why I'll never trade it for anything.

I love this, chica!

Soaring Eagle

Singin’ the praises of the baggy method
I had difficulty choosing between 2 inches per month, and being able to easily detangle my hair. After thinking about it... my hair isn't hard to detangle at all (I'm just very meticulous). Therefore, 2" of growth it is; I would be able to reach my length goal faster and just maintain the length by cutting every month. I would also be able to have blunt ends faster, than having to wait a long time for shorter layers to catch up. Sigh... if only it were possible.

GGsKin

I had difficulty choosing between 2 inches per month, and being able to easily detangle my hair. After thinking about it... my hair isn't hard to detangle at all (I'm just very meticulous). Therefore, 2" of growth it is; I would be able to reach my length goal faster and just maintain the length by cutting every month. I would also be able to have blunt ends faster, than having to wait a long time for shorter layers to catch up. Sigh... if only it were possible.
My rationale for my choice. :catfight:get out of my head.

GGsKin

Two inches a month can get tedious. I would much rather have hair that was impervious to damage. So no breakage, no heat damage. That would do it for me. You would be able to retain whatever you grow despite weekly flat ironing or rough detangling. Perfection :toocool:

Well if we're just adding in options:look:... count me in:cheers:

snoop

I chose hair that grows 2 inches per month. I don't mind shrinkage and I think my hair colour is alright. I keep my hair stretched and I think I'm close to figuring out how to detangle without too much trouble....so...MORE LENGTH PLEASE!!!

NaturalShe94

Eh, I think my hair grows fast enough, I focus more on retention rather than growth... Detangling doesn't bother me... Love my jet black beauty hair color as it is... I'd go with shrinkage... I LOVEEEEEE keeping my hair in it's natural state, but I want Luscious Voluminous WL WnG'ssssss