Inversion Challenge 2017 & Beyond

newgrowth15

It has been a while since I posted in this thread. I inverted today while doing a rice water rinse and scalp massage. I am still working through a stress related set back, but it looks like my hair is growing back.

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
Month of June: Day #1 of 7, inverted 5 minutes. No massage.

Edited: Completed 7/7 days in June!

Last edited:

newgrowth15

Day 1 completed on Sunday night with Vicks Vapor Rub, JBCO and a few drops of lavender oil massaged into my scalp.

Day 2 completed with olive oil and my homemade Shea Butter Creme Whip massaged into my scalp.

Day 3 completed with Shea Butter Creme Whip massaged into my scalp.

Each day the inversion has been for 4 minutes.

lindseyerinc

On day 2/7. I've been using NJoys growth oil. I inverted last month and didn't notice results until the next week when my mother (who sees me everyday) said that my hair was longer. I pulled my test section of hair and lo and behold I gained length!

newgrowth15

I forgot to post yesterday, but I did invert for 4 minutes. I applied a little of my Shea Butter mix to my scalp, in between my twists, but no massage.

runwaydream

I'm not officially a part of this challenge but I'm jumping in after just learning about this method. I've been natural for almost a decade now but haven't really learned to take care of my natural hair due to it being in locks most the time. I've recently took down my locks and my hair was waist length but extremely thin and damaged. It hurt me to my core but I had my mother cut off the dead ends and now I'm back to APL

But now I'm hair is healthy and I want to get back to waist length.

Today will be my 3rd day doing the Inversion method and I'm using a mixture of xcel 21, sulfur, and peppermint oil. I have my hair up in crochet braids and will take it down in August and measure my growth. I'm also taking hairfinity which I'll also try for 2 mths to see if I get any growth. I'm going to try GHE also since it really worked well for me when I did it many yrs ago tho idk if that's a good idea bc I can't take my hair down for another month and I don't want the weave to smell

I'm doing my Inversion by dangling off my high bed for 4 minutes. I will say tho that I feel a lot of tingling today and my braids were super tight since I just got them done and now they wiggle when touch them. Hopefully that's a good sign

My starting pic was taken 7/8/17

Attachments

• 20170708_084819.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 8

newgrowth15

Day 5 completed earlier today. I incorporated inverting with gardening chores, thereby killing two birds with one stone.

newgrowth15

I tried the inversion method, but it makes my stomach feel weird and it makes my back hurt. I'm carrying DDs up here so I just can't.

I hope it works for y'all.
Have you tried standing at the side of your bed and bending forward to let your head rest on the bed? This method takes the pressure off of your upper body and gives your back and leg muscles a nice stretch.

PureSilver

Results, Results, Results coming at the end of the month. Its gonna be epic. I know i have been missing for a few months but i assure you that my inversion has been going good. I cant wait to post the results. Congrats to everyone who has been getting consistent results and posting pics. You ladies are real troopers, even when i'm MIA you still hold the forte. Than you all for your positive contribution and i hope we all finish this year strong.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I hung off the bed and gently tugged my hair. I notice that when I massage my scalp it produces too much oil.

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
I really need to get back to my inversions. I iwll start this coming Sunday. Sunday is always the easiest day for me to start.

Me too! I missed the month of August. Just 4 more months to go.

Tefnut

I never officially joined this challenge but was inverting for a couple of months last year and at the beginning of this year. I fell off but my calendar still has a reminder set every month. :lachen:

newgrowth15

Day 2 completed with scalp massage, but no oil. (I forgot to post yesterday.)

Day 3 completed with no oil and no massage.